The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyhoo, seems a solid lens from my first play with it. Got 18-230mm covered with 2 lenses now but doesn't stop me pining after the 56mm :p

It's a very nice lens and not one I would rush to part with. I sold my 18mm shortly after getting it as even stopped down the 18 just didn't have the same detail across the frame. Only parting with it as I've got another one arriving tomorrow.

Well I get to open the page and start the download but its telling me theres another 58mins to download 42.6mb. I feel quite nostalgic :)

Instant download here, downloaded twice to make sure. I'll maybe put my spare copy in the classifieds.

Well I get to open the page and start the download but its telling me theres another 58mins to download 42.6mb. I feel quite nostalgic :)
Brilliant, never mind macbook pro retina, let's dig out the old ZX48 spectrum, dead posh me,top of the range 48Kb :eek:

Well, went into LCE derby this morning to part ex my dusty XPro1 for a used 55-200 they had on their website, but by the time I got there it had been sold.
I then tried to walk out but was stopped by a rather nice brand new 56mm because it had the cash back offer next to it. The devil got the better of me and I now have a shiny new 56mm on the front of the XT. The wife will kill me...

Anyhow, with v4 firmware just done, the combo is just mega!

Well, went into LCE derby this morning to part ex my dusty XPro1 for a used 55-200 they had on their website, but by the time I got there it had been sold.
I then tried to walk out but was stopped by a rather nice brand new 56mm because it had the cash back offer next to it. The devil got the better of me and I now have a shiny new 56mm on the front of the XT. The wife will kill me...

You've got the time between now and when she realises theres a new lens on the scene to do the man maths. If you do it right you can convince her it was practically free, jeez I'm convinced !

@bazfoster, how you finding the 50-230mm ? I had the 55-200mm but sold it on as it wasn't getting much use, but now I've the XT1 with (hopefully) a working AF for sports, I'd like something for rugby matchs that won't cost the earth, but is of decent quality.

@bazfoster, how you finding the 50-230mm ? I had the 55-200mm but sold it on as it wasn't getting much use, but now I've the XT1 with (hopefully) a working AF for sports, I'd like something for rugby matchs that won't cost the earth, but is of decent quality.

It's not bad really but I don't really use it for anything too fast moving, mostly the kids. Never had a go at sports with it really.

School Sports by bazfoster, on Flickr

You've got the time between now and when she realises theres a new lens on the scene to do the man maths. If you do it right you can convince her it was practically free, jeez I'm convinced !
Well, I got £240 for the XPro1 and then will get £75 back from Fuji so they were 'giving it away' in my eyes! I think it works out about £410 or something. Not bad for a brand new 56mm ☺

Dont tell her :D

Yes, 9 & 11. Great lenses and pretty cheap. Although the 9 is a heavy beast!

I'm back home next week so will take a couple of shots with them and post.

I feel somebody somewhere is about to think I'm a crook...

Ordered the 35mm 1.4 (brand new) and 56mm 1.2 (Amazon Warehouse) from Amazon. Both arrived today, opened the 35mm 1.4 first, all good. Opened the 56mm 1.2....35mm 1.4 in the box! The hood, instructions etc were all for the 56, just the slight issue of the lens being wrong!

Started a return with Amazon, I'm guessing they're going to think I've bagged the 56 and put the new (significantly cheaper) 35 in the box to send back to them!

I feel somebody somewhere is about to think I'm a crook...

Ordered the 35mm 1.4 (brand new) and 56mm 1.2 (Amazon Warehouse) from Amazon. Both arrived today, opened the 35mm 1.4 first, all good. Opened the 56mm 1.2....35mm 1.4 in the box! The hood, instructions etc were all for the 56, just the slight issue of the lens being wrong!

Started a return with Amazon, I'm guessing they're going to think I've bagged the 56 and put the new (significantly cheaper) 35 in the box to send back to them!

Dont you hate that when it happen,order an Nikon 24-120mm F4 from Jessops a few years ago,the box was right but inside was an 24-120mm F3.5-5.6 the lot cheaper one,trying to explain it to their staff :eek:,got it sorted out in the end :)

In better news, really pleased with the X-T10. Bit worried coming from an X-T1 that it would feel cheap, but it's a remarkable little thing for £500. Very solid build, same quality dials as the X-T1 and a bit of a bonus...much nicer buttons on the back than the X-T1. Viewfinder is noticeably slightly smaller from memory but in isolation it's still very nice to use.

The 35 is a bit of a shock, I struggled when trying one after using the 23 for so long last time around, but I trusted a few people who said it's transformed with the X-T1 v4 / X-T10, it really is! Still a little clunky compared to the newer glass such as the 23, but much, much better than before.

In better news, really pleased with the X-T10. Bit worried coming from an X-T1 that it would feel cheap, but it's a remarkable little thing for £500. Very solid build, same quality dials as the X-T1 and a bit of a bonus...much nicer buttons on the back than the X-T1. Viewfinder is noticeably slightly smaller from memory but in isolation it's still very nice to use.

The 35 is a bit of a shock, I struggled when trying one after using the 23 for so long last time around, but I trusted a few people who said it's transformed with the X-T1 v4 / X-T10, it really is! Still a little clunky compared to the newer glass such as the 23, but much, much better than before.

Been using my XT-10 for a few days now really liking it,if you cant afford the XT-1 i can recommend it :)

Those boxes are cheating lol, makes you look like you have more cameras.

I have! How do you think I took the picture? :D

And one of these days I'll take one outside and use it! (the side of photography I tend to miss out)

Last edited:
Why have both the X-T1 and 10? I'd have thought that they're so similar you'd go for one or the other? I'd have thought XT-1 for the fully cooked Fuji experience with the additional shutter dial and the X-T10 for the more compact and cheaper option?

Why have both the X-T1 and 10? I'd have thought that they're so similar you'd go for one or the other? I'd have thought XT-1 for the fully cooked Fuji experience with the additional shutter dial and the X-T10 for the more compact and cheaper option?

Backup body ? :)

Welcome another member to the family....

View attachment 40839

How quickly they grow....

View attachment 40840

Hmm, Colin do I have your permission to print that photo of your collection and display on the wall next to where I keep gear, my better half does not approve of me changing cameras, torches, fishing gear - not much now though- etc etc so if your pic was on display I could point out that some people are much worse than me. Thanks:)

Partly as a back up body, partly for occasions where it's easier to have a prime on two bodies (the different layout of controls on the X-E* bodies made this a PITA for me) and partly because Mrs Sprout enjoys photography too so we have always had at least two cameras on the go at any time.

Oh! and SHINY NEW SHINY NEW :banana::banana::banana:

Back