The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can anyone remember what the delivery options are like on the Refurb store? If I remember correctly it was pretty much next day.

Wondering whether to sit it out a bit longer or bite the bullet and just order from Amazon, as I need a fair bit of gear by Saturday.

Can anyone remember what the delivery options are like on the Refurb store? If I remember correctly it was pretty much next day.

Wondering whether to sit it out a bit longer or bite the bullet and just order from Amazon, as I need a fair bit of gear by Saturday.

£4.95 next day I seem to remember.

I see Samyang have recently released a 21mm f1.4 semi wide angle lens for the X system (and others), UK-Digital have this in stock for £249.

Samyang's new 21mm f1.4 lens is equivalent to 31.5mm to be exact.

Interesting.

Last edited:
Yes looks good. Just sold my 60mm so I could use the funds for one of these. Now would that cost me a pint?

No go ahead and buy!!! Would be interesting to compare it against the stellar 23mm.

Re: Scotland trip, looks possible, but we need @stupar to confirm availability.
Have you got a link to the AP review or is it print only? If so I'll read it on Friday.

I'll PM Stupar in case he's not picking this up.

@mickledore @Mr Perceptive
The week of the 11th i am unsure re work commitments, notwithstanding that i will have my usual childcare commitments for the kids too.
So short of also confirming with SWMBO first, if you guys are planning a couple of days in Edinburgh i might be able to join you for at least one of them.
I will speak to her nibs and get back to you and also check my work schedule for that week.

@mickledore @Mr Perceptive
The week of the 11th i am unsure re work commitments, notwithstanding that i will have my usual childcare commitments for the kids too.
So short of also confirming with SWMBO first, if you guys are planning a couple of days in Edinburgh i might be able to join you for at least one of them.
I will speak to her nibs and get back to you and also check my work schedule for that week.

Not sure what we're planning yet!?! Frank (@mickledore) is with me Fri/Sat this week, so we might manage to work out what we are doing!!!!

I love my xt-1 git it yesterday, just in time for a trip to Cambodia

Be perfect for Angkor Wat, some superb shooting locations round there if you drop on a local guide they can help get you away from the tour group circus and find you some gems off the beaten track.

Does anyone remember what the price of the X-Pro1 was refurbished before the X-Pro2 was announced. I'm thinking of getting an X-T1 instead of the X-Pro1 and am wondering if the price levels on the former are likely to drop to similar levels to the X-Pro1 now, once the X-T2 is announced?

I would think that is unlikely in the short term as the X-T1 is a much newer camera than the X-Pro1, An X-T2 announcement will have an effect but not a massive one, At just over 500 of your earth pounds a s/h X-T1 is a bit of a steal anyway!!

Does anyone remember what the price of the X-Pro1 was refurbished before the X-Pro2 was announced. I'm thinking of getting an X-T1 instead of the X-Pro1 and am wondering if the price levels on the former are likely to drop to similar levels to the X-Pro1 now, once the X-T2 is announced?
Got my re-furbed XP1 quite a few months ago before XP2 was announced, paid £274 (inc discount code + postage).

Dunc, have you looked at the X-E2 ?

Last edited:
Got my re-furbed XP1 quite a few months ago before XP2 was announced, paid £274 (inc discount code + postage).

Dunc, have you looked at the X-E2 ?

I haven't, really, no. I've used Nikon for 3 decades and this will be my first venture into Fuji, with which I'll probably still use Nikon lenses. My dominant genre is Macro by a long chalk so that's where it will get it's use. I'm fairly sure the X-Pro1 will be fine with a Nikon Micro lens (I know the Fuji 60mm is not highly regarded for super macro work) but I'm a purist and the X-T1, with the 3 dial triad making my ventures into the menu less frequent appeals to me. I need a clear viewfinder, too as I tend to use that for critical focusing, as opposed to the screen. Any thoughts on the right camera to suit my needs from users would be greatly appreciated.

I thought a X-E2 body would maybe suit your needs as its latest firmware update is meant to make it excellent from what owners say, I don't own one so can't comment on this.

I'm sure others will offer their Fuji X experience to you soon.

Here you are Stupar!
This is made up of just 200 images which are nearly all cloud free.
When I blow it up there do appear to be little gaps inbetween the individual images. I wonder if this is because the intervalometer has a minimum gap between shots of 1 sec. Strangeley there appears to be some curious effects at 90 degrees to each other. Wonder what caused that? They are not showing on this, but are quite clear on my blown up version.

URL=https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/photos/reduced.12933/]
14603-1455620877-d67f4aaf34342350a75ab16cd4ec1de3.jpg
[/URL]
reduced by mickledore on Talk Photography

Superb! Well worth the frosty bum and wrath of SWMBO IMO! I really like the light trail from the trains and tractors too, which I think add to the image :)

I haven't, really, no. I've used Nikon for 3 decades and this will be my first venture into Fuji, with which I'll probably still use Nikon lenses. My dominant genre is Macro by a long chalk so that's where it will get it's use. I'm fairly sure the X-Pro1 will be fine with a Nikon Micro lens (I know the Fuji 60mm is not highly regarded for super macro work) but I'm a purist and the X-T1, with the 3 dial triad making my ventures into the menu less frequent appeals to me. I need a clear viewfinder, too as I tend to use that for critical focusing, as opposed to the screen. Any thoughts on the right camera to suit my needs from users would be greatly appreciated.
Thinking about your macro needs, you may well find the articulating screen of the X-T1 useful. As regards the 60mm, it's a very sharp lens but not a true macro.

Ok Fuji refurb store is back online and paypal12 still works, now comes the long wait for a nice refurbed X-pro 2 :p

Back