The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

If you type @mickledore or anyones user name then I believe you get and notification that you have been tagged I think it's more for if your not following the thread I may be wrong though

Ooh so it does. What effect at your end?

I can see the advantage if I'm not following a thread but I'm not getting any notifications as it is.

I never get told. Do I have to do something at my end?

Hover your mouse over your user name (top right) and a box will pop up. Click on 'Alert Preferences' then check the box next to 'Mentions you in a message'

Thank you. I never knew all that existed. Will it be any use? Only time will tell.

You learn something every day.

@mickledore, shouldn't you be charging batteries, finding waterproofs, etc for this weekends adventure, not posting on this forum!!!!

Looks my brand new swanky tripod is going to get wet on it's first outing........

Trying to whittle the lenses down to something I can sensibly carry, I know I won't use them all, but the WR one's are looking attractive!!!

@Mr Perceptive I got an alert from you. The very first I've had!!!

Batteries charged. Jim jams packed. Wellies and umbrella in the car ready. Two umbrellas!

Will your tripod melt in the rain?

Do you actually have any sort of plan or are we just winging it from caff to caff ?

@Mr Perceptive I got an alert from you. The very first I've had!!!

Batteries charged. Jim jams packed. Wellies and umbrella in the car ready. Two umbrellas!

Will your tripod melt in the rain?

Do you actually have any sort of plan or are we just winging it from caff to caff ?

I have a vague plan, this afternoon and evening is easy (Salford Quays and a bite to eat!!), but tomorrow I suspect may change order depending on weather at the time. The BBC forecast seems to be changing on an hourly basis, and it looks like tomorrow morning might be dry (ish)

Ladybower/Derwent - Grindleford Station Cafe - Padley Gorge - Monsai Tunnel - then wing it......

I have a vague plan, this afternoon and evening is easy (Salford Quays and a bite to eat!!), but tomorrow I suspect may change order depending on weather at the time. The BBC forecast seems to be changing on an hourly basis, and it looks like tomorrow morning might be dry (ish)

Ladybower/Derwent - Grindleford Station Cafe - Padley Gorge - Monsai Tunnel - then wing it......

Sounds fine. Should be with you 2.30ish. Very ish.
Think I'll use this new toy.
@Mr Perceptive

Yeah. We're connected, at last. Is this thing a bit temperamental (Or is that just me?)
Not sure, i have always received alerts. Hopefullyvnow that you have alert notifications switched on it will be fine for you too.

I have been toying with the idea with time lapses with the camera and using the inbuilt interval shooting option has made this quite handy to program and did a test run of a sun rise from my bedroom window this morning.

I managed just under 300 shots before the battery gave out. With this in mind im thinking of getting a battery grip to extend the shooting time. One thing i know about the grip is that is drains the grip battery first and then the camera battery. One thing that might be useful and i cant see any information confirming it, can you swap the grip battery to a fresh battery without the camera switching off? (Assuming the battery in the camera has charge.

Can you change it without inducing camera movement?

I am thinking a reload between shots, There shouldnt be much movement at all once its solidly mounted on a tripod. Just trying to avoid power loss as will stop the interval timer. Its not a massive deal breaker to restart it again but it was just a thought at this stage. From the play i had with the camera the time delay before the first shot is taken is reset to zero with power off and lukily the interval settings remain the same.

A question, possibly nothing to do with Fuji.
Why does my name appear in posts in blue italic with the @ symbol in front of it? Doesn't happen every time.
Why and how is it done? It never happens when I type a members name.
Is it important?
@mickledore You just need to use the @ symbol followed by the username as you type it gives you a list of matching usernames. Useful for including others in conversations without having to quote them

Edit: Whoops too slow, didn't see the last page :(

@mickledore You just need to use the @ symbol followed by the username as you type it gives you a list of matching usernames. Useful for including others in conversations without having to quote them

Edit: Whoops too slow, didn't see the last page :(
Thank you. Yes I now know what to do. I got pinged by you. The only person the system doesn't seem to like is @stupar
Wonder why that is?

@mickledore - shoes for Frank this weekend......:D should be suitable for a wet day in the peak district

Img_0815_zpstd0tnvex.jpg

Back