The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

It's cheaper than a used X-E2 from WEX I'd been looking at, and almost £50 less than I paid for my refurb X-E2. It'd be rude to pass up a deal this good.

Got to be a misprice? orders will be cancelled. Might be worth trying will always get refund
Corrected already on DigitalRev, now listed at £629.99

Oh well, it was worth a try..

Since I bought my X pro 2 a couple of months back, my XT 1 hasn't really seen the light of day. I took it out last weekend and I'd forgotten how bright and big the EVF is. I'm debating whether to sell it as it's not getting used. I hate letting nice cameras go though.
Know what you mean. I have to keep getting mine out and playing with it to remind myself just how good it is. (leans back and waits for the dirty minds to pop up - you know who you are!)

It was a misprice, a new xt1 price dropped by £400, yeah right.

Looked like quite a well thought out one as showed amount of saving, bundle deals at revised price and also a countdown clock for how long it was on sale for.

Looked like quite a well thought out one as showed amount of saving, bundle deals at revised price and also a countdown clock for how long it was on sale for.

A misprice wouldve showed all those details anyway, its not as if people manually input the price difference / data etc. One price change would effect all those details and the different discounts would automatically show.

They wouldnt even be able to source items at that price.

Last edited:
Showing as £629 for me :(
It was corrected very quickly. DigitalRev cancelled my order.

It was a very strange typo - not a simple number transposition and not the price intended for a different sales item.

Another users post...

We're contacting you with regards to your most recent order. Unfortunately, the order has been cancelled because there was an error in the pricing of the Fujifilm X-T1 when the promotion went active earlier today. The correct discounted price of the Fujifilm X-T1 is 589.99 GBP.

Carrying on the pencil theme, and as I'm playing with this macro lark, any comments on this?
f14 1/4 second ISO 200. Natural light.
1;1 with reversing ring and adaptor on a Vivitar 50mm.

FXT11635 by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

Looks OK. Tip seems sharp and the paint but the wood grain looks a tad soft. I'd bump it up to f/16 - f/22. Why are you reversing the Vivitar for 1:1, though? It'll do 1:1 the right way round. :D

Another users post...

We're contacting you with regards to your most recent order. Unfortunately, the order has been cancelled because there was an error in the pricing of the Fujifilm X-T1 when the promotion went active earlier today. The correct discounted price of the Fujifilm X-T1 is 589.99 GBP.
I wouldn't settle for that, under the consumer act 1884 you're well within your rights to pout, stamp your feet or call Kai a tw@t !

I wouldn't settle for that, under the consumer act 1884 you're well within your rights to pout, stamp your feet or call Kai a tw@t !

You can do what you like, the contract these days is only agreed when the item is dispatched. Lol tw@t.

Thanks again. I agree about the logo and dust but thus is part of the learning curve. The principle is the important thing; fine detail can come later.
Shot all in daylight!

Thanks again. I agree about the logo and dust but thus is part of the learning curve. The principle is the important thing; fine detail can come later.
Shot all in daylight!

Natural light is generally my favourite was of lighting as it tends to be more even and soft. Did you crop out the partial logo or was that as it came out of the camera?

Last edited:
No, that is out of camera. I was more concerned with leaving some space round the bottle. Should have shot in portrait mode.
No reversing ring on this one.

Pity digital Rev was a error I've of got it and kept my d750 then

Whilst learning about light refraction I decided to take advantage of the rain today and shoot some raindrops on my wife's washing line. And then I happened on this one.

Technically, this was one of the most challenging shoots I've ever attempted. The line was swaying in the wind, I'm on manual everything with the Laowa 60mm and it was about to rain again so time was limited.

Comments and critique welcome.

Spider Trapped & Encapsulated Inside A Raindrop – Laowa 60mm f/2.8 Ultra Macro + Fuji X-T1

Whilst learning about light refraction I decided to take advantage of the rain today and shoot some raindrops on my wife's washing line. And then I happened on this one.

Technically, this was one of the most challenging shoots I've ever attempted. The line was swaying in the wind, I'm on manual everything with the Laowa 60mm and it was about to rain again so time was limited.

Spider Trapped & Encapsulated Inside A Raindrop – Laowa 60mm f/2.8 Ultra Macro + Fuji X-T1

WOW! Amazing!

Just an amazing set of shots. Well done!

Fantastic

Back