The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just caught up reading on here some stunning images again [emoji106]

Notice JYC selling up Nikon doing a full concert [emoji106]

So I ordered a cheap eBay grip for my xt10 today. Looks good, but i'm concerned about the smoothness. After some googling to see if others found it an issue I stumbled on this thread - http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/l-bracket-grip-for-x-t10-tried-and-tested.44467/page-3
I think that grip tape looks awesome, a very good match to the camera body.
I remember we were looking for something earlier in this thread where someones body was getting tattered (can't dig it up now am on phone).

Can't afford to run both when I'm buying expensive glass like the 16mm!

You got one? Don`t know whether to get the 10-24 or 16mm. Zoom is flexible but the 16 is supposed to be pretty special and close focus

You got one? Don`t know whether to get the 10-24 or 16mm. Zoom is flexible but the 16 is supposed to be pretty special and close focus
I haven't got it yet, but I have bought one. Love the photos with the 16mm that I have seen and my LR catalogue shows that I use 24mm focal length a lot.

I had the 10-24 before and, well, f4 is just a bit slow. I also used that more from 14-24 than the UWA end.

Go through images that you've taken with previous cameras, it should show you the focal length you like.

10-24 - obviously has widest focal range, but optical distortion to contend with at wide end, only f4 (not a bother for landscape)
14 - sharp, little distortion, not WR, f2.8 though, compact
16 - sharp, wide aperture f1.4, physically bigger than the 14 but also has WR
18 - tiny lens, very compact, slower AF than above, probably not as sharp
23 - belter of a lens, possibly the sharpest and best Fuji prime.

I have the 14 and 23, though do have a 16 itch which I'm sure will get scratched at some point!!

Had the 16mm. Lovely sharp lens but just couldn't get on with that fl, so got the 14mm instead which is much better for me. Also own the 10-24; it was the first Fuji lens I bought. A good general purpose lens but its iq doesnt't quite live up to primes.

Thanks everyone for the info, will be used for landscape mainly so not really worried about the F4. Will have a think and end up getting something else, 50-140 and gym membership maybe:)

I've just joined the gym as well, got to find something to lift now I've sold my DSLR :exit:

Lovely bit of nostalgia there, don't see many of them anymore [emoji106]

I'm going to be selling my 14mm later today, cracking lens but I 'need' a 23mm and can't afford both [emoji38]

Lovely bit of nostalgia there, don't see many of them anymore [emoji106]

I'm going to be selling my 14mm later today, cracking lens but I 'need' a 23mm and can't afford both [emoji38]

If the rumoured 23/2 materialises this year, and performs anything like the 23/1.4, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist! The 23/1.4 is a cracker, I just need something a little bit lighter and smaller. With a slightly shorter fl than the 27/2.8. Are us Foojsters getting fussy with age?

Probably a mark of how mature the system is now, yeah. I'd like to see this rumoured 33mm f1.0, now that would be a must buy lens for me.

I like the idea of printing on the go, but when I looked into it I saw a load of stuff about instax prints coming out too dark. There were guides for overexposing/editing before printing etx but it kind took away from the simple instant results I was looking for.

Yes, just read about that too. I'm researching other options. The instax cost per print is around £1.49 compared to others in the credit card size range that are about 41p (LG Zink) and my Selphy at 27p (albeit a larger printer/ better prints)

I found with the selphy I used to bump the contrast to a lighter curve and it was sound, but the last lot I tried (direct to printer without shooting raw and going through CS6) were great without any adjustments.

If the rumoured 23/2 materialises this year, and performs anything like the 23/1.4, I'm not sure I'll be able to resist! The 23/1.4 is a cracker, I just need something a little bit lighter and smaller. With a slightly shorter fl than the 27/2.8. Are us Foojsters getting fussy with age?
So am I!

Very odd.

14mm now in classifieds, forgot I had Wex credit so 23mm ordered [emoji38]

Ha! A quality pose!

Is it just me that sees 3 of your images each time? [emoji38]

Hi Gregg, was this about my post ? I checked and your right. When I paste the link from Flickr, it's repeated x 3.
Hopefully for this post, thats sorted.
Thanks for pointing this out :)

Last edited:

IS this a strong possibility ?

I would love a cheaper, smaller 23mm prime !

Hi Gregg, was this about my post ? I checked and your right. When I paste the link from Flickr, it's repeated x 3.
Hopefully for this post, thats sorted.
Thanks for pointing this out :)

Yep, back to one now [emoji106][emoji106]

hi

Quick question - do people tend to buy an external flash for use with the X-T10? Or is the built in one adequate for snapshots etc? Is there anything else that I should think about buying to start with? I have a bag I can use already.

I had a quick play with one in a shop today and was pretty impressed (but it was tethered to the display so movement was limited!)

Cheers

The flash isn't great, but will do in a pinch. Honestly I rarely use flash, especially built in ones due to the straight on angle.
It's good for fill, other than that it would be either unflattering or underpowered.
If you must, i'd suggest a nissin i40 for off camera, great little thing. :)

xt10 flash absolutely fine for snaps, if your going for anything other than a snap you will prob need additional, I turn my flash down a tad so not to wash the face out but snaps are all good

Back