The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Think they may be just guessing with two weeks though. They had a delivery on Tuesday which covered some back orders but they don't have a date for the next batch.

I made a thing, lol:

ZcckNUw.jpg

Not pretty, but y'know, it bounces light pretty nicely, with a bit of tinkering about could actually make this little EF-X8 useful.

Just a tester. 2nd curtain sync, flash exp -1/3, the rest of the info is there on Flickr anyone interested. I'm sure it's been done before, I was just bored :)

EF-X8 bounce tester by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Says the man who is on his second X-T2 while others are still awaiting their first! :D

In all honesty I do need to decide which way to go zoom wise, pulled the 16-55 from sale to let me evaluate it v the 18-55 that came with the XT2.

In all honesty I do need to decide which way to go zoom wise, pulled the 16-55 from sale to let me evaluate it v the 18-55 that came with the XT2.

I've never tried the 16-55 and only had a brief play with the 50-140, Neither of them have been on my radar for any length of time.Although every now and then I think I should sell all my current lenses and get the pair.
My preference is primes but it's sometimes a faff carrying a range and changing them for 1 shot. I have always kept an 18-55 & 55-200 for the option of the zoom. Don't think either of my current zooms have left the house at all, Looks like I'll be keeping my X-Pro2 as well as the X-T2 so might look to pick up the 23mm f2 and the 50 when it comes out, that will give me a quality portable 3 prime set-up on the pro2 and leave the heavier primes for the X-T2.

:runaway::runaway::runaway: Gear, gear, gear. One of these days I'll use some of it instead of collecting.

My 18-55 was sharper at the edges than the 16-55 so I flogged the bigger lens. The 16-55 was sharper in the middle mind.

BTW good to see some new posters on this thread and some cracking street shots.

BTW two, just back from the footy (Southampton v Inter Milan) and it's taken me a while to catch up! Could be the alcohol. Could be the addition of @rookies to the thread. Who knows. More importantly, will I order a 23/2 whilst under the influence?

And a trade in of £372 for my X-T10 which is better than what Wex are offering.

Eh?! They currently cost less than that brand new! Cracking deal.

Does anyone know if cashback and the trade-in bonus offers currently on are stackable? Nothing in the T&Cs that say no.

Last edited:
I've never tried the 16-55 and only had a brief play with the 50-140, Neither of them have been on my radar for any length of time.Although every now and then I think I should sell all my current lenses and get the pair.
My preference is primes but it's sometimes a faff carrying a range and changing them for 1 shot. I have always kept an 18-55 & 55-200 for the option of the zoom. Don't think either of my current zooms have left the house at all, Looks like I'll be keeping my X-Pro2 as well as the X-T2 so might look to pick up the 23mm f2 and the 50 when it comes out, that will give me a quality portable 3 prime set-up on the pro2 and leave the heavier primes for the X-T2.

:runaway::runaway::runaway: Gear, gear, gear. One of these days I'll use some of it instead of collecting.

I can speak for the 50-140 as an amazing lens and so light on one's shoulders

Glad for you that the X-T2 venture has seemingly proved a success. I just couldn't take the risk if it didn't work out.

Eh?! They currently cost less than that brand new! Cracking deal.

Does anyone know if cashback and the trade-in bonus offers currently on are stackable? Nothing in the T&Cs that say no.

Trade in value technically £272 but with £100 bonus. Wex was £250 + £100.

Gonna give my local Jessops (Glasgow) a call this morning and ask about possible trade-ins with both my XT1 + XE2 against a XT2 + grip. I believe the 0% finance is with a company called 'V12'.

Gonna give my local Jessops (Glasgow) a call this morning and ask about possible trade-ins with both my XT1 + XE2 against a XT2 + grip. I believe the 0% finance is with a company called 'V12'.

Are you preferring the X-T2 form factor over the X-Pro 2? Just wondering as you had an X-Pro 1 for so long :)

I purchased the 16-55 and sold my 23 18 35 and 56. I'm happy with it as I'm not thinking about which lenses to take as I only have this and the 50-230 now. I probably will pick up a 23 f2 at some point as a lighter option.

People say it's heavy but I don't find it is that heavy and the lack of OIS hasn't bothered me yet, although I've not used it at night time.

Are you preferring the X-T2 form factor over the X-Pro 2? Just wondering as you had an X-Pro 1 for so long :)
Yes, still own an (iconic) XP1.

I believe a XT2 would suit my needs better, although not often but sometimes shoot sports photography at a local race circuit at Knockhill, I think a XT2 may be better equipped with its dedicated boost battery grip etc.......maybe look at a 100-400mm on down the line etc.

Yes, still own an (iconic) XP1.

I believe a XT2 would suit my needs better, although not often but sometimes shoot sports photography at a local race circuit at Knockhill, I think a XT2 may be better equipped with its dedicated boost battery grip etc.......maybe look at a 100-400mm on down the line etc.

The XT-2 can handle motorsport no problem still not in the D500 territory but then again what is for sports.

Looks like I'm back in the club, £720 from Jessops for my Oly E-M1/12-40mm 2.8 combo (which I paid £735 for!), so I'm on the ever growing list for an X-T2.
Sounds like Jessops have an unexpectedly large market all of a sudden.

I got my XT2 from that store. They were really helpful, but did confirm that it's "one in, one out" for trade-ins(hence the x100t ad in the classifieds here), so they'll only take one of the bodies. They did give a good price for the XT1 though.

Your thoughts on this please. Just had my XT2 after switching from Nikon. Bought it with 18-55 plus I got the 35mm f2. I want to build my lens collection now, thinking my next buy should be between the 16mm f1.4 or the 10-24 f4. I know there's a huge debate about prime v zoom but I heard and read so many good things about both these lenses. So, with all the experience here I thought I would ask your opinions? Would it be the 16mm for its f1.4 and sudo macro ability or the 10-24mm f4 for it's wider view and versatility over a larger range?
Many thanks.

Ah well,, XT2 & Grip, Samyang 12mm, Fuji 16mm, Fuji 23mm, Fuji 16-55 & Fuji 50-140 with 1.4x Teleconverter, think I'm done with gear for a while!

Now that Chris, is one hell of a nice little kit. "Enjoy".(y)

George.

Was that including the £100 trade-in bonus?

Yes. Some very good deals with Jessops at the moment if you play the trade-in bonus and cash-back well. As mentioned earlier, X-T10s are currently worth more trading in than they cost brand new!

Your thoughts on this please. Just had my XT2 after switching from Nikon. Bought it with 18-55 plus I got the 35mm f2. I want to build my lens collection now, thinking my next buy should be between the 16mm f1.4 or the 10-24 f4. I know there's a huge debate about prime v zoom but I heard and read so many good things about both these lenses. So, with all the experience here I thought I would ask your opinions? Would it be the 16mm for its f1.4 and sudo macro ability or the 10-24mm f4 for it's wider view and versatility over a larger range?
Many thanks.
I've never used the XF16mm, but have had the XF14mm in the past, I like primes alright, but I feel the XF10-24mm (which I have) is very versatile and covers all lengths, although the f/4 isn't that fast but I normally shoot around f/13 so it really doesn't bother me.

Have a look at the XF14mm if your not interested in the f/1.4 speed of the XF16mm Lyn.

Last edited:
Many thanks.
Welcome to the forum, and to Fuji.

If you have the funds, and the requirement to go wider than 18mm, then I would recommend the excellent 10-24. A bonus is that it has IS.

Shows what the mark up is on the Xt2. Whatever the ships say.

The X-T2 isn't included in the current cashback offer, understandable considering they can't make them quick enough as it is. It is included in the £100 trade-in scheme, but this is funded by Fuji, presumably to get people to move over and locked in to the Fuji ecosystem.

Many thanks.

Hey Lyn, good to have you aboard this part of TP. There's lots of very helpful and talented togs on on hear.(y)

"In answer to your question I can only go along with @Stephen L , the 10-24mm is an excellent lens (as are all of the Fooj-X lenses). If you can do without the wider aperture then IMHO that's the one to go for. The primes might just (but only just) have the edge with regards to sharpness but the versatility of the zoom and the IS more than make up for it".

George.

Many thanks.

If you want WR and/or f1.4 buy the XF16mm

If you want small, lightweight, buy the XF14mm

If you want zoom flexibility and can live without any of the above buy the XF10-24mm

They are all excellent lenses. I like the 14 + 18-55 combination, and this is usually my two lens travel solution, both lenses are quite small, have the same diameter filter thread and share hoods.

My X-T2 tip for today !! which I dare say most of you already know.

"If when you should need to turn the on/off switch to "Off" and then "On" again fairly quickly, sometimes it will appear that the camera has not switched back on again when in fact it has. No need to switch it off again and repeat the process, just hold down the shutter release button half way for a second or to and the camera will burst into life in all its glory"(y)

That's my useless bit of info for today. "Enjoy".:D:D

George.

Last edited:
My X-T2 tip for today !! which I dare say most of you already know.

"If when you should need to turn the on/off switch to "Off" and then "On" again fairly quickly, sometimes it will appear that the camera has not switched back on again when in fact it has. No need to switch it off again and repeat the process, just hold down the shutter release button half way for a second or to and the camera will burst into life in all its glory"(y)

That's my useless bit of info for today. "Enjoy".:D:D

George.
Thanks George. I didn't know that. Thought there might be some software problem and I was putting off doing anything about it.

Back