The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Which camera bag for a X-T10 & 18-55XF lens only ?
Smaller the better as got loads of larger bags

"Cracking" set of images Keith, I'd be well happy to have taken any of these.(y)

George.

Lovely captures [emoji4]

Thanks lads, much happier with those than my last effort with garden birds. Not shooting through glared glass anymore :)

Anyone here shoot with the 60mm 2.4? For close [I know it's not true 1:1] ups and portraits?

Last edited:
Which camera bag for a X-T10 & 18-55XF lens only ?
Smaller the better as got loads of larger bags
I use a Crumpler Messenger Boy 7500, but I usually have a spare lens or two with me, as well as batteries, filters, etc. And I'm not sure you can still buy them :) Still, may be helpful!

Last edited:
6fb407a7c556d0f6fd0d5484943d4146

https://500px.com/photo/186136149/canary-wharf-tower-1-by-ash-smith

Anyone here shoot with the 60mm 2.4? For close [I know it's not true 1:1] ups and portraits?

I don't have one of those lenses Keith, but I do use an old manual F2.8 55mm Micro Nikkor with my Fooj gear that gives excellent results. That also only goes down to 1/2 life size.(y)

George.

Last edited:
I don't have one of those lenses Keith, but I do use an old F2.8 55mm Micro Nikkor with my Fooj gear that gives excellent results. That also only goes down to 1/2 life size.(y)

George.

I already have a Helios 44-2 which is an old manual 58mm F2 :) But the 60mm would be nice for portraits, to have that AF when needed and with a macro ring would be nice for actual macro too. Just pondering options

An Alpine. Lovely. They were super cars before the days of Supercars. Used to watch them being rallied on the dear departed RAC.

Right, an Alpine frenzy :D (I've stuck with the processing and crop factor, for some reason it made sense to me last night so I've stuck with it :D)

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

The two very blue Alpine shots are because those were jpegs, I have no recollection as to why I shot some as jpeg only on the day, but I did!

Last edited:
Right, an Alpine frenzy :D (I've stuck with the processing and crop factor, for some reason it made sense to me last night so I've stuck with it :D)

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

The two very blue Alpine shots are because those were jpegs, I have no recollection as to why I shot some as jpeg only on the day, but I did!
The whole series is bloody brilliant. The subjects really lend themselves to the processing style and you've done a fantastic job with the panning.

Something for the rest of us to aspire to. Very well done.

The whole series is bloody brilliant. The subjects really lend themselves to the processing style and you've done a fantastic job with the panning.

Something for the rest of us to aspire to. Very well done.

Thank you for your kind words. I highly recommend attending a hill climb event, they're great fun just to watch let alone take a camera along. Just walking around the paddock is awesome :)

Prescott is local to me so I get there as often as I can. I intend to get to others next year (especially Shelsley Walsh), as well as getting to Castle Combe more as well.

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr

I was expecting to see you shot most of these with a 55-200 or even 100-400, looked on Flickr and was surprised to see a lot of them shot using the 23mm! You must have been extremely close to the action!

I remember taking this shot and being really annoyed as the couple had just walked up and got into the frame, looking at it now though I really like it. I know it's most likely wrong but I think processing with an older look lets me get away with more (in my mind anyway) :D

La Vie en Bleu
by JJ, on Flickr
I think having the people in the shot bring context to it and really add value.

I was expecting to see you shot most of these with a 55-200 or even 100-400, looked on Flickr and was surprised to see a lot of them shot using the 23mm! You must have been extremely close to the action!

Yes, that's what great about hill climbs. You are so close to the action. You can easily go around Prescott with a 18-135 and get a great range of different shots. There are areas where you can get use out of a 100-400 but it's far from essential.

Last edited:
Thanks lads, much happier with those than my last effort with garden birds. Not shooting through glared glass anymore :)

I have a 60mm f2.4 macro on a friends recomendation he does a lot of portrait work and the Bokeh is beautiful with it.
Slow focussing but razor sharp at point of focus.
I would see if you could try one at a dealer first though !

I have a 60mm f2.4 macro on a friends recomendation he does a lot of portrait work and the Bokeh is beautiful with it.
Slow focussing but razor sharp at point of focus.
I would see if you could try one at a dealer first though !
Second that. I had this lens for a short time. Image quality was amazing but focusing speed wasn't the best mainly when shooting macro. It wasn't as bad for portraits and I m guessing that with all the firmware updates it will be even better. On the other hand, manual focusing was a nightmare and very very slow to focus when turning the focus wheel so if you are thinking of using manual focus with this lens, I recommend that you try it before buying it

Had one and found it slower than a snail to AF - by the time it had achieved focus the subject had moved and it had to start again. Not being a true macro bugged me as well.

Etc.!

Thank you for your kind words. I highly recommend attending a hill climb event, they're great fun just to watch let alone take a camera along. Just walking around the paddock is awesome :)

Prescott is local to me so I get there as often as I can. I intend to get to others next year (especially Shelsley Walsh), as well as getting to Castle Combe more as well.

I was going to say that that looks like Prescott!

Can only second Julian's suggestion to go to a hillclimb - you can get much closer to the action than at a roundy-roundy track and you can often (? usually ?) get right up close in the paddock. My local hill is at Wiscombe Park (near Honiton, Devon) and my favourite meetings are the 500 club (bikes and small, often old cars) and the Vintage Sports Car Club, mainly for the sounds and smells (crackling exhausts and Castrol R!)

Unless the D750 is remarkably better than the D800E for ISO handling, I am doubting they were 'clean' pre-processing. I shot gigs with the D800 up to 10K ISO, but they needed work.

The XT-1 is not an ISO beast, that is for certain. But I rarely ever find situations where I'd need to go above 3200, and it is completely fine up to that point. And to reiterate what many who have experience with both have said, the XT-2 doesn't do anything end image wise above the 1.

Not many sensors out there beat the D800E, and I'm being completely honest when I say I don't feel I'm missing much. I think the XT-1 can hold it's own even against that, even to impress pixel peepers. It would most definitely hold up against D3 images in half decent lighting.

Now I am crushing some nuts here and setting up a snap-trap to see if I can capture some birdies - this time with the window open ... Brrrrr ... :D:coldfeet:

Long range wildlife shots are VERY different on the 1 & 2, mainly due to the sensor size and the focusing systems. I have both, I regularly use both, the T2 image quality is better than the T1, but not on well lit, clear subjects.

Well, as of this morning I am lensless as my 18-55 has been sent of to Fuji for a check/repair after if decided it wanted to mislead the camera body into thinking it was shooting at all sorts of focus lengths and apertures - most often not the one it was actually meant to be using.

Essentially camera less for a week/10 days - fortunate I got to shoot some stuff over the last few days which I can work through while I wait...

Well, as of this morning I am lensless as my 18-55 has been sent of to Fuji for a check/repair after if decided it wanted to mislead the camera body into thinking it was shooting at all sorts of focus lengths and apertures - most often not the one it was actually meant to be using.

Essentially camera less for a week/10 days - fortunate I got to shoot some stuff over the last few days which I can work through while I wait...

That's a shame, was really enjoying your photos from the capital, the last one was great.

If it helps, Fuji have always turned round repairs for me in just a few days, never longer than 5.

@manualfocus-g - thanks mate, I've still got a few in the pipeline to post which I'm working through processing, so I'm good for a few days at least!

Hopefully they'll get it fixed and back asap, but it does give me reason to seriously consider a new lens as even though I have nothing planner photography wise for the next couple of weeks, not having the option to be spontaneous is jarring! :)

s

sorry to ask any pictures of camera inside the bag ?Like the look of it

3 quick pics. 750 in one hand and light in the other so a bit shaky. Shows it in use though.
See next post.

Last edited:
Fuji XT-2 buffer test using a Lexar 2000x UHS-II SD card.

Wonder if the new Sandisk Extreme Pro 300MB/s UHS-II SD cards would fair any better.

Uncompressed RAW - 29 shots
Lossless Compressed RAW - 62 shots
Uncompressed RAW + Fine JPEG - 26 shots
Lossless Compressed RAW + Fine JPEG - 38 shots
Fine JPEG - 263 shots

Last edited:
Back