The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My favourite lens, Pete. More versatile than you'd imagine, good OIS and plenty sharp.

Since I got the 10-24 I am amazed at how much use it gets, especially as I have the 16mm f1.4. If it's not on one of my bodies then it's in the bag, never leave home without it.

My 35/1.4R arrived today from the Fuji re-furb store, wOw the condition is "as new", I can't tell the difference from new. Haven't had a chance to use it as yet.

:)
I received a 35mm f1.4 yesterday purchased from addicknchips. This too was a refurb, it's like a brand new lens. This is my third Fuji 35mm I got one with my X-pro 1 back when it came out. It produced great images but was slow to focus and extremely noisy, last year I bought the F2 version but I thought it was a little soft. My recent acquisition is a revelation, it's a lot quieter than my 1st copy, focus is much snappier (but then I'm using it on my X-T2) and it's razor sharp. I'm looking forward to getting out with it.

Bubble time.....
Taken on the Fuji XT-2 and XF 56mm f1.2 :D
Velvia/Vivid

Lovely set of images Sir, with some good expressions and nice colours.(y)

George.

Right, 2 hour drive to Rye Harbour this morning, let's see what we come home with....

Shame it wasn't another time you were going Sir, we could have had our self's a time as I only live a short drive from there (at Stone). But I'm away at the moment in Monaco.(y)

George.

Any X shooters own/use the XF18mm f/2 lens....?....what do you think of it as a serious Fuji prime please ?

Cheers;
Peter
This was taken with one on an X-E1. Great lens - if I didn't have the 10-24 I would still have it. May still look for one.

Bread by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Any X shooters own/use the XF18mm f/2 lens....?....what do you think of it as a serious Fuji prime please ?

Cheers;
Peter

Probably unfairly disregarded since it was a "freebie" with the X-Pro1 a few years ago so "can't be much good"... The only reason I don't use mine is that I have the 18-55 and 135 zooms which are far better suited to me than a selection of primes.

The manual quotes 230 on an 8G card. So around 1840 on a 64G

Thanks, since the timer can only do 999 shots then it's plenty, the problem is whether the battery will last that long....I might have to get a grip for it.

(I am thinking about setting up and 3rd body on a tripod to take a photo every 5 seconds for an hour)

Bit more Laig Beach. One of the things that makes this beach special is the outcrop of sedimentary rock at the north end, that coexists with the more widespread volcanic stuff. With the addition of bright green seaweed, it's a colourful spot!

Beckoning
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Beautiful shot Dave, and like the moody sky :)

(I am thinking about setting up and 3rd body on a tripod to take a photo every 5 seconds for an hour)

Obvious answer is to set the 3rd camera up as you hope to use it and see if the battery lasts and the card holds all the images. Switch the rear screen off completely and the battery will last longer. Same with AF and OIS.

Obvious answer is to set the 3rd camera up as you hope to use it and see if the battery lasts and the card holds all the images. Switch the rear screen off completely and the battery will last longer. Same with AF and OIS.

It's a whole ceremony from the balcony so once set up I don't plan to go up here again until the ceremony is over. Just a shot of the room from high up, the plan is to just let it snap away and I'd expect I'll use perhaps 3 to 5 photos out of the whole hour. I could wifi remote trigger it but then at the key moments I would be taking shots on the ground myself so best to have the camera snap away every 3 or so seconds for 999 shots which should last 45mins. long enough for a civil ceremony.

It's a whole ceremony from the balcony so once set up I don't plan to go up here again until the ceremony is over. Just a shot of the room from high up, the plan is to just let it snap away and I'd expect I'll use perhaps 3 to 5 photos out of the whole hour. I could wifi remote trigger it but then at the key moments I would be taking shots on the ground myself so best to have the camera snap away every 3 or so seconds for 999 shots which should last 45mins. long enough for a civil ceremony.

Are you doing this NOW or soon? Not saying you need to set the actual shot up to test the theory, just that proper planning would see you test the theory rather than rely on luck and 2nd hand opinion.

Bit more Laig Beach. One of the things that makes this beach special is the outcrop of sedimentary rock at the north end, that coexists with the more widespread volcanic stuff. With the addition of bright green seaweed, it's a colourful spot!

Beckoning
by David Hallett, on Flickr
Nice composition and light.

Are you doing this NOW or soon? Not saying you need to set the actual shot up to test the theory, just that proper planning would see you test the theory rather than rely on luck and 2nd hand opinion.

I got time, it's in July, I went to the venue yesterday so now doing the planning.

Last night's effort with the X-T1 and 10-24. Can't make up my mind on whether to upgrade to an X-T2 or not... any honest (!) opinions on whether the IQ is noticeably different?

Cramond
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Beautiful capture I still tend to use my XT1 or XT10 in preference to my XT2 if I'm honest I just prefer the images and colours from them over the XT2 especially jpgs SOOC.

For those that have it/used it, what's the bokeh like on the 18-55 @ 55mm ?

Guys Im looking into a portrait lens.

Im really confused if I should get the new 50 mm f2 or the 56 1.2 R

Anybody want to share opinions?
Take a look also at the XF 50-140mm I know it's a fair bit larger than the other option you mention but I have found it to be perfect as it has ois too.
My 56apd 60mm and 90mm haven't seen the light of day since it came along

Any of you helpful folk tell me which card readers you use to get maximum speed from faster cards? I've got Lexar 1000x and 1800x cards, and don't want to limit them to UHS-1 speeds. Ta. :)

One from my visit to Rye Harbour yesterday.

X-T2 with grip, 100-400 with 1.4TC

I sometimes struggle with the Fuji set up with wildlife, but I think it's just me, as it's obvious it's up to the job....

Snapseed.jpg

I'm on the lookout for a nice XF18mm f2 lens if anyone has one that they don't need. There is a post in the wanted section
Cheers

Just shot 999 shots, 3 seconds interval. Plenty of room on the 64G card left and also 2 bars/50% battery.

I don't think I need the grip after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
Just shot 99p shots, 3 seconds interval. Plenty of room on the 64G card left and also 2 bars/50% battery.

I don't think I need the grip after all.

I have the grip and two batteries total,

So The grip is amazing for portrait shoots. I just feel like the ergonomics become a plus , and the batteries depends how long you spend shooting. I like to have the piece of mind of being able to shoot all day without worrying about charging.

I am buying a third battery sometime soon

Ahhh, someone using a CPL on a 10-24mm! How d'you find it? Any weird effects?
It works pretty good , but can't go down any further than 12mm or it vignettes badly.Using a adapted Lee Sevenfive holder

Last edited:
I have the grip and two batteries total,

So The grip is amazing for portrait shoots. I just feel like the ergonomics become a plus , and the batteries depends how long you spend shooting. I like to have the piece of mind of being able to shoot all day without worrying about charging.

I am buying a third battery sometime soon

I am not a gripped kinda shooter. Don't find portrait shots a problem without it, I rotate my arms instead to the top. Had it with my 30D and 5D2 but decided not to for the 5D3 and never have since. Only want one for the X-T1 because of this 1 hour of shooting.

It's a wedding and I need to use a 3rd body so will want to make sure I have enough battery to last that hour.

Back