The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Love that sky in vibrance corner. Love it when that happens, mainly in spring/autumn when you get a big dark sky but bright shallow direct sunlight cutting underneath it.

Yeah those dark clouds hung around a while, and they did let rip for a few minutes! But then it cleared and the sun came up, a surreal kind of atmosphere. I didn't boost anything here bar the colours on the wall too, which I knew I'd do when taking the shot. The sky was that dark at least over that direction

Guys can someone let me know how I can use this xt2 with studio lights? I'm in college and when the lights are connected I'm not seeing the picture through the evf and I've not brought my manual. I'm wondering how I let the camera know it's about to flash in the image. I hope this makes sense. I have all afternoon so I'll try and download a copy via the fuji website.

I'm starting to wish I'd got a X-T1 rather than the T10 - other than layout of controls and build, would I see any benefits if I changed bodies?
This may just be me 'wanting' the T1 or a bad bout of gas but I'm genuinely considering it as I also would like the battery grip with it.

I don't think you will gain anything image wise as they share the same sensor.
A slightly larger viewfinder and buffer but that's about it although you will lose that nifty flash and the Qiuick Switch which I find useful when I hand the camera to the other half
But you will gain extra size and weight I have both and still have a strong bond with the XT10 my second X body purchase after the a pro 1 which alas doesn't get a lot of use TBH but the deal include 2 XF lens and a ERC at a silly price.
I know where your coming from wanting a XT-1 been there myself to many times hence I have shelves and even a room full of photographic gear.
Sadly I don't think my answer is really going to help with your decision Sorry

Guys can someone let me know how I can use this xt2 with studio lights? I'm in college and when the lights are connected I'm not seeing the picture through the evf and I've not brought my manual. I'm wondering how I let the camera know it's about to flash in the image. I hope this makes sense. I have all afternoon so I'll try and download a copy via the fuji website.

Far far from my sphere of experience but have a look in the evf settings for preview or some such and turn it off, I'm out myself so excuse the crap help :)

Far far from my sphere of experience but have a look in the evf settings for preview or some such and turn it off, I'm out myself so excuse the crap help :)

As John says, switch off preview exposure from the menu and the EVF will allow viewing regardless of camera settings.

It's a function I have assigned to a short cut key as it's something I use a lot.

Last edited:
I don't think you will gain anything image wise as they share the same sensor.
A slightly larger viewfinder and buffer but that's about it although you will lose that nifty flash and the Qiuick Switch which I find useful when I hand the camera to the other half
But you will gain extra size and weight I have both and still have a strong bond with the XT10 my second X body purchase after the a pro 1 which alas doesn't get a lot of use TBH but the deal include 2 XF lens and a ERC at a silly price.
I know where your coming from wanting a XT-1 been there myself to many times hence I have shelves and even a room full of photographic gear.
Sadly I don't think my answer is really going to help with your decision Sorry
Thanks for your input - I've now got both the X-T1 & T10 and like them both to be honest.
I knew that IQ wide they'd be pretty much identical with the sensors shared but I do like the ISO control on the T1 being more easily accessible and of course the battery grip (a bit of a thing with e and my cameras lol).
I also like to have one body for primes and the other for zooms, carrying both bodies in a bag is still a lot less weight than my DSLR with L lenses was.
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Fuji experience and have not looked back once since my switch.

The Royal Pavilion, is a re-edit from the X-T20, the other two are from earlier with the X-T2.

Royal Pavilion by David Ore, on Flickr

Busy Bee by David Ore, on Flickr

A Dash of Yellow by David Ore, on Flickr

Very nice Fujotos Sir, the Royal Pav' looks good with this edit, and the insect shot is particularly nice with some fine detail. All your presentations seem to be looking much better now that you're going via Flickr. They all seem to have much more accurate colour and are definately sharper.(y)

George.

I think I'm having an issue with my 18-55 but I'm not 100% sure. I'm essentially using my X-T2 in aperture priority, single shot, auto iso... when I focus, the viewfinders dimming and fuzzes up slightly, and when I release the the focus lock, the aperture is quite loudly stuttering (chattering) back to fully open, same happens if i keep focusing and releasing, just stutters back to wide open after. I'm guessing that's not normal, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing this last weekend, and none of my other lenses do it. currently have firmware 3:21 installed :sorry::banghead:

Last edited:
I think I'm having an issue with my 18-55 but I'm not 100% sure. I'm essentially using my X-T2 in aperture priority, single shot, auto iso... when I focus, the viewfinders dimming and fuzzes up slightly, and when I release the the focus lock, the aperture is quite loudly stuttering (chattering) back to fully open, same happens if i keep focusing and releasing, just stutters back to wide open after. I'm guessing that's not normal, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing this last weekend, and none of my other lenses do it. currently have firmware 3:21 installed :sorry::banghead:

Just a thought Sir, have you tried checking & maybe cleaning the contacts on the 18-55mm lens ?(y)

George.

First thing to check is that the lens/body contacts are clean. Don't suppose you have another body you can try the lens on? Otherwise it does sound as if the aperture blades are sticking.

First thing to check is that the lens/body contacts are clean. Don't suppose you have another body you can try the lens on? Otherwise it does sound as if the aperture blades are sticking.

Don't think they are sticking at all, have tested them in manual on several different setting and they seem snappy enough at all apertures. No other body to test on I'm afraid

Last edited:
Same issue as this guy here : LINK

Could anyone who has a 18-55 f/2.8-4 follow the same instructions see what they find?

Last edited:
No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
Very nice Fujotos Sir, the Royal Pav' looks good with this edit, and the insect shot is particularly nice with some fine detail. All your presentations seem to be looking much better now that you're going via Flickr. They all seem to have much more accurate colour and are definately sharper.(y)

George.

Thank you George for the nice words, this time I thought I am not going OTT on an edit :)

Just a simple snapoto taken of an Electric Street Light that kinda resembles an old style Gaslight.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1400th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Electric Gaslight (1)-03153 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I knew this reminded me a little of something, a shot I took a fair few [8!] years ago: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cagey75/3886968099/in/dateposted-public/

Different type lamp and perspective, but the colours :) I was shooting Fuji back then too

Thanks for your input - I've now got both the X-T1 & T10 and like them both to be honest.
I knew that IQ wide they'd be pretty much identical with the sensors shared but I do like the ISO control on the T1 being more easily accessible and of course the battery grip (a bit of a thing with e and my cameras lol).
I also like to have one body for primes and the other for zooms, carrying both bodies in a bag is still a lot less weight than my DSLR with L lenses was.
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Fuji experience and have not looked back once since my switch.

Lol I realised a I caught up on the thread you had traded up to one XT1 from a XE2 I really hope your enjoying life with the pair of them !

Oh BTW sold my X-T1 recently But still had another though with grip And gas got the better of me and just added another XT1 body in Graphite finish (n):lock:me up :fuji:

Lol, that sounds very much like me. I love the graphite finish X-T1's, wished I'd gone for one myself but the extra £'s dictated what I could afford at the time...you never know though, one might accidentally fall into my basket in the not too distant future :exit:

So, T mount converter has arrived, and now I can attach the Fuji's to my new Swavorski ATX85 scope. Had a quick play looking at the moon last night and it looks great, but I need a remote release as one little touch at that magnification causes a lot of shake...

So, T mount converter has arrived, and now I can attach the Fuji's to my new Swavorski ATX85 scope. Had a quick play looking at the moon last night and it looks great, but I need a remote release as one little touch at that magnification causes a lot of shake...
In the short term use the timer

OK. I'll put it out there. After two tries with X-T1 and not gelling with it, I'm considering X-T2. I've got the X100f and a Nikon D500 with lenses (might let them go)

Am I mad ??

Very possibility :)
What are you not getting on with? I ask as in many ways the XT2 and 1 are physically similar, except the joystick

OK. I'll put it out there. After two tries with X-T1 and not gelling with it, I'm considering X-T2. I've got the X100f and a Nikon D500 with lenses (might let them go)

Am I mad ??

What do you think the XT-2 is going to add? Like johnN says, they are pretty much physically the same build, the improvements are the joystick to control AF, better overall AF and a bump in resoloution, which most photographers will tell you only really matters if you plan to print huge, or crop a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the XT-2, but I'm very happy with the XT-1. I definitely do not see £600 or so improvement in the XT-2 over it. I'd be happier with a nice new lens

Last edited:
Don't like blue

lYo0bqc.jpg

Last edited:
Very possibility :)
What are you not getting on with? I ask as in many ways the XT2 and 1 are physically similar, except the joystick

What do you think the XT-2 is going to add? Like johnN says, they are pretty much physically the same build, the improvements are the joystick to control AF, better overall AF and a bump in resoloution, which most photographers will tell you only really matters if you plan to print huge, or crop a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the XT-2, but I'm very happy with the XT-1. I definitely do not see £600 or so improvement in the XT-2 over it. I'd be happier with a nice new lens

I guess it's because I rarely use my DSLR. The X-T2 will have a lot of familiarity to my X100f. Joystick and the Acros film simulation (which I love)
The F is such a wonderful camera though.. I wonder if the X-T2 would simply occupy the space in the bag left by letting the Nikon go.

Perhaps it's just a 'grass is greener ' thing.

I guess it's because I rarely use my DSLR. The X-T2 will have a lot of familiarity to my X100f. Joystick and the Acros film simulation (which I love)
The F is such a wonderful camera though.. I wonder if the X-T2 would simply occupy the space in the bag left by letting the Nikon go.

Perhaps it's just a 'grass is greener ' thing.

It's a tough call, there certainly is a lot to the XT2, Acros isn't something you're going to get from anything cheaper than the 20 which does most of the stuff the 2 does but is much cheaper, but if I'm honest with myself not as good to handle (but I always felt forced to use the grip to get the most from it but that just makes it a DSLR again, so in the end got rid of it)

Back