The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Wel....I've fired an email to WEX to see how much I can get with X-T1 + grip + Sony 85/1.8...The £200 trade in bonus should mitigate any value loss vs selling it privately.

Our 13yr old collie had to get an urgent hysterectomy yesterday, she's never been to the vets......ever, a shock to her alright. She's on the road to recovery now thank God.

Feeling poorly

Feeling poorly by APM Photography, on Flickr

XF10-24mm f/4 - wide open

Our 13yr old collie had to get an urgent hysterectomy yesterday, she's never been to the vets......ever, a shock to her alright. She's on the road to recovery now thank God.

Feeling poorly

Wishing her a speedy recovery Pete.

Feeling poorly

Best wishes to her from Mistletoe!

People said that about the XH-1 but I get 900-1000 shots on one battery, I turn off in between shots if I know I’ve got 60 secs+ to the next one as it fires up again so quickly.

I'm the same. I have an XT20 and easily get 800 shots out of it. I have pre AF turned on, screen brightness at medium but turn off between shooting. Battery has always seemed perfectly reasonable to me.

Reckon ant if the stores will take my XT10 as trade in for the XT3?

The XT2 had dual UHS-II card slots, it would have been suicide to only have the one for the 3

I dare you to go on the Nikon & Canon mirrorless threads and post a pic of the slots :D

No, I mean I made a thread criticising Canon not making both cards in the 5D4 to be fast (as the SD is just play SD), people argued having both slots being fast isn’t beneficial...so I guess Fuji think different and if it isn’t beneficial then they wouldn’t have put it in.

Any ideas how I go about doing this? I've never done a trade in before.

Do I just requested a trade-in for the XT3? Do they provide me with confirmation or invoice so I could claim the promotion with Fuji?

Yes, you can do it online or with any authorised Fuji retailer, your local bricks and mortar store might give a better trade in than WEX, who no doubt by now are inundated with cameras being traded in for the X-T3.

Any mail order trade in will be subject to variation when they inspect teh camera, at least with your local store you'll get a definite value there and then!!

This website has never been as busy with talk/discussion about the new Nikon/Canon mirrorless camers and now the X-T3, plenty of stuff to ponder over. I'm guessing there's going to be a X-Pro3 release in the near future?

Yes, you can do it online or with any authorised Fuji retailer, your local bricks and mortar store might give a better trade in than WEX, who no doubt by now are inundated with cameras being traded in for the X-T3.

Any mail order trade in will be subject to variation when they inspect teh camera, at least with your local store you'll get a definite value there and then!!
Good advice, I know Jessops will match WEX and inspect the camera in store on the spot and quickly, apparently if you go to a WEX store it's like being interrogated by the police as they assume your camera is duff :D

Last edited:
Think I might update. I love the X-T2 and there are no huge reasons for going for an X-T3 (touch screen, mic jack with no grip, 4K 60 are all nice to have rather than need for me) but at the trade in prices, it seems sensible to maximise the value of my current gear and pay the 400 -500 on top for the latest model.

Even if I was tempted (I’m not), then I would wait to see independent reviews of this new sensor.

I must say the price of the fuji's are very tempting compared to the canon and Nikon new offerings.
And at the very least they have had all the teething problems and want lists well iterated out of them.

Back