The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Check it’s got the latest from firmware for first.

Good choice! I had the XT1 for a couple year, I just figured it out as I went along, not one for reading manuals. But youtube is great for helping to figure things out, also asking in here. Have a flick through the earlier pages maybe, I got some great tips in this very thread. Make sure you update to the latest firmware: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt2/history.html

Thanks, I did wonder that, when I looked through the menus I couldn't see a firmware information. Just looked at the contents of the firmware - adding 120fps video is a nice one, I wasn't expecting to be able to do that!

At over 1000 pages long, I think this thread is now longer than the manual!

Thanks, I did wonder that, when I looked through the menus I couldn't see a firmware information. Just looked at the contents of the firmware - adding 120fps video is a nice one, I wasn't expecting to be able to do that!

At over 1000 pages long, I think this thread is now longer than the manual!

They added some nice features in the FW, Fuji have always been good for this.

It is a pretty big thread, that's right. Don't be afraid to ask your own questions, the guys in here are very helpful, I think it's about the friendliest thread in this section.

Got a good offer from Park for my X-T2, Vertical grip and one of the cheaper XC lenses I don’t use - a grand with the £200 extra. That means the X-T3 is about £350.

Why then do I not feel like I wanna get rid of the X-T2? Something about it being the last X camera from Japan makes me feel like I should keep it for another iteration..... no real reason, just irrational thinking!

I traded in a load of Canon gear this afternoon and came out with an X-T2 and 18-55! So I can now participate in the thread as an owner!

Are there any good resources for learning to get the best out of it? Or am I going to have to read the whole manual?

Pick a question, and google it. There`s a ton of youtube stuff, which I found very helpful (y)

I traded in a load of Canon gear this afternoon and came out with an X-T2 and 18-55! So I can now participate in the thread as an owner!

Are there any good resources for learning to get the best out of it? Or am I going to have to read the whole manual?
If shooting RAW learn how to process them ‘properly’, you will likely have to change the way you process them compared to your Canon if you want to get the best out of them.

Not been on here for a while after not being in a good place for a while and then ended up selling all my gear. I then bought some canon gear which I have enjoyed but missed the handling and the colours of the Fuji. I’ve phoned LCE up for a price and off to Manchester next Saturday to pick up a used XT2 and 10-24 to start off with then will add the 55-200 and 35 f2. Can’t wait to start shooting with a Fuji again.

If shooting RAW learn how to process them ‘properly’, you will likely have to change the way you process them compared to your Canon if you want to get the best out of them.
My plan is to shoot raw and process in Lightroom, so learning to process them properly is a priority. A friend sent me some .raf files, which I experimented with and was happy with the results, but in the process I realised that Lightroom has added a few new processing features which I’d ignored, so probably worth learning that too.

Might try a X-T2 if the prices drop low enough when the T3 comes out

There will be some real bargains to be had pretty soon I’m sure.

Sure dealers will still want silly money even if they are overloaded with them, but hopefully the private market will be a bit more realistic

I've gone the WEX route £670 for body & grip then the £200 bonus sounds good to me and hopefully I will have it before I go to Spain with a couple of models late October..

I've gone the WEX route £670 for body & grip then the £200 bonus sounds good to me and hopefully I will have it before I go to Spain with a couple of models late October..
Yes, ive gone the wex route too. Usually use MPB but we shall see how Wex's assessment of my camera goes.

Chores and a tad weary from my daughters birthday bash last night, but had an idea, and rather liked the outcome.

any time any place by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, really good idea, nicely composed & lit, and the added rotation in the globe works very well.(y)

George.

Has anyone read any detailed reviews of the X-T3 yet? Googling produces lots of results but they are mostly previews/first impressions or repackaged press release stuff.

I initially thought that I wouldn't be interested in upgrading from X-T2 but there are indications that the new sensor might be something special and it could be enough for me to finally commit fully to fuji instead of regarding it as a travel option but still relying on my Nikon. The thought of finally reducing the weight of what I now have to carry round is tempting!

Has anyone read any detailed reviews of the X-T3 yet? Googling produces lots of results but they are mostly previews/first impressions or repackaged press release stuff.

I initially thought that I wouldn't be interested in upgrading from X-T2 but there are indications that the new sensor might be something special and it could be enough for me to finally commit fully to fuji instead of regarding it as a travel option but still relying on my Nikon. The thought of finally reducing the weight of what I now have to carry round is tempting!

No. But I’d be very interested IF it had a dedicated AF-ON button.

Don`t know if you`ve seen this or not, but hope it helps
http://danbaileyphoto.com/blog/4th-generation-x-series-my-full-review-of-the-fujifilm-x-t3/

Thanks . Hadn't seen that one .

Doesn't swing it for me though.

Me either, after reading that. I don`t shoot sports or wildlife, and only just moved over to the T2. Happy to stick with it for a long time to come.

Unfortunately not Paul, I did drive this amazing R8 at a 'SuperCar' experience for an hour on and off, never experienced acceleration like it with the most amazing brakes!!!

That`s cool (y) Good job the brakes were that good too I reckon ;)

Back