The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Obvious troll is obvious, eh Dave?
Just stick 'ignored member' on ignore and chuckle each time you see 'ignored member' in the last message column, content in the knowledge that he's an 'ignored member' ;)

Just put him back on ignore, done my head in all afternoon reading his post hoping someone might bite, see TP soon if I do get a ban.

Just put him back on ignore, done my head in all afternoon reading his post hoping someone might bite, see TP soon if I do get a ban.

Back on, thank goodness, you won't get a ban, chill out. So glad you bit though. :rolleyes:

Yup, looks good. Sensor performance has come such a long way in the past few years.
I remember when the Oly E-M5 (regret selling that camera) first came out and I collected one of the first from SRS. I was amazed at the quality of 10000 ISO shots - in the right conditions, ie, not too contrasty. And to think, ASA400 film was daring not too long ago!

I remember when the Oly E-M5 (regret selling that camera) first came out and I collected one of the first from SRS. I was amazed at the quality of 10000 ISO shots - in the right conditions, ie, not too contrasty. And to think, ASA400 film was daring not too long ago!

Loved the EM5, beautiful little camera, especially the skintones, it is crazy to think we can get usable shots in pretty much pitch black these days isnt it!

The 25 and 45 are such stunning little lenses.

The Fuji system is great in all fairness.... I like it a lot :)

Out of the latest crop of Milcs Fuji (for me) is definitely the most exciting, more MP, faster Fps, better AF, its like the APSC version of what Sony did with the A7ii vs iii. Canon delivered lenses (at a cost) Nikon delivered a good 1st gen cam but both with some serious limitations.

Last edited:
Out of the latest crop of Milcs Fuji (for me) is definitely the most exciting, more MP, faster Fps, better AF, its like the APSC version of what Sony did with the A7ii vs iii. Canon delivered lenses (at a cost) Nikon delivered a good 1st gen cam but both with some serious limitations.

Of course it is.

Canikon have decent apsc camera’s but won’t back them up with the glass. There just isn’t enough fast prime options to satisfy most genres much other than those who want the extra reach for action or wildlife. It leaves them wanting/needing to upgrade to the full frame cameras. Canon and Nikon will never back apsc as it will eat into their already threatened full frame line up.

Fuji x have most bases covered with their glass. And for those who want more, the move to medium format is a giant leap rather than a stepping stone from apsc to full frame.

What war, Cagey and I get on just fine? You are implying that Im a loyalist to one brand when you have no clue about what Ive used. A single emoji, you never took the time to read the rest did you.

You are just arguing for the sake of it. It is leading no where.
That is the same as trolling.

You won't understand the single emoji.... Cagey is some what heated and I was hoping the single emoji might counter that initially without having to go into paras of details, didn't work so I went into detail. Neither of us are fanboys so why go ballistic. Please refer to my post history and you'll see I dont use single emojis often, if at all.

Oh they know me well enough in here, the one place I've never needed to argue with anyone, possibly the best thread in this section.

Also, I am seriously considering an XT2, just missed out on a cracking deal recently and got my mind pondering [it never stops!]

I don't care how Fuji do their ISO, I will go by the number it displays, even if it's not precise, I still think the XT2 is better in low light and overall IQ, than most of the competition, or I wouldn't be still looking to it.

Oh they know me well enough in here, the one place I've never needed to argue with anyone, possibly the best thread in this section.

Also, I am seriously considering an XT2, just missed out on a cracking deal recently and got my mind pondering [it never stops!]

I don't care how Fuji do their ISO, I will go by the number it displays, even if it's not precise, I still think the XT2 is better in low light and overall IQ, than most of the competition, or I wouldn't be still looking to it.

Go for it, for 1k a good cam and kit lens is a bargain

Go for it, for 1k a good cam and kit lens is a bargain

Missed out on one with the grip and a bunch of batts and a leather case for 600, but have also since found out that Meike do a solid battery grip for about 110, it is very tempting. I have to give up IBIS but That is really the only thing I would miss.

Missed out on one with the grip and a bunch of batts and a leather case for 600, but have also since found out that Meike do a solid battery grip for about 110, it is very tempting. I have to give up IBIS but That is really the only thing I would miss.

Depends on the lenses you want, zooms have good is.... Or get xh1?

Depends on the lenses you want, zooms have good is.... Or get xh1?

That's the other possible, I'd have to save a little for the H1, but it might be ideal for me. I mostly use primes, and like to adapt old lenses too, that's where IBIS really shines for me

That's the other possible, I'd have to save a little for the H1, but it might be ideal for me. I mostly use primes, and like to adapt old lenses too, that's where IBIS really shines for me

Same, love primes, xt3 is going to drive the xh1 price down so may be ideal.

Same, love primes, xt3 is going to drive the xh1 price down so may be ideal.
I’m not so sure. Slightly different markets. Or at least, they both have their own feature set which overlaps but not completely. If you see what I mean ...

A couple for Open House London this weekend. XT2+Samyang12mm

1. Courtyard of the Treasury
Treasury Courtyard by Ian, on Flickr

2. The library of the Supreme Court
Supreme Court by Ian, on Flickr

3. The ceiling of the Banqueting Hall
BanquetingHall II by Ian, on Flickr

4. And the ceiling over the grand staircase in the FCO
Grand Staircase Ceiling by Ian, on Flickr

some different versions on a thread in Architecture and Urban if you want more

I’m not so sure. Slightly different markets. Or at least, they both have their own feature set which overlaps but not completely. If you see what I mean ...

Depends really, most are now saying that the XT3 is pretty much the new 'flagship' and I've already seen some trade in XH1 for the T3. If the H1 sales drop, so will the prices, hopefully.

Anyone have any experience with the Samsung (and other) manual lenses for Fuji? I’m after a decent cheap manual mainly just so I’m forced to use it and improve my skills. Also they seem to be a cheaper way to get a wider aperture lens.

Anyone have any experience with the Samsung (and other) manual lenses for Fuji? I’m after a decent cheap manual mainly just so I’m forced to use it and improve my skills. Also they seem to be a cheaper way to get a wider aperture lens.

Do you mean Samyang? I didn't have one for Fuji, but had the 12mm F2 for MFT. Cracking lens, very good quality for the money, so long as you're fine with MF

Do you mean Samyang? I didn't have one for Fuji, but had the 12mm F2 for MFT. Cracking lens, very good quality for the money, so long as you're fine with MF
Also never had a Fuji one, but had the 14mm on my canon. Wicked sharp and great for astro - very well controlled aberrations.

Also never had a Fuji one, but had the 14mm on my canon. Wicked sharp and great for astro - very well controlled aberrations.

They are seriously good lenses, a lot of people shy away because of the MF only, but the WA ones are so easy to lock focus with, and it's true manual focus not by wire. They are a bargain for the price.

Last edited:

I have fun with their 8mm every now and then, very small and well put together, though it's not an everyday lens!

Girl On A Motorcycle
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

I’ve picked up the 35mm f1.2 artisans lens. Very small, but made of metal is is mf only. Haven’t really had a chance to test it properly. £140 from amazon.

I did know it was Samyang! Quite ironic that my iPhone autocorrected to Samsung....

Cheers guys, they look like good bang for buck lenses. Good to hear one positive reviews!

A couple for Open House London this weekend. XT2+Samyang12mm

1. Courtyard of the Treasury
Treasury Courtyard by Ian, on Flickr

2. The library of the Supreme Court
Supreme Court by Ian, on Flickr

3. The ceiling of the Banqueting Hall
BanquetingHall II by Ian, on Flickr

4. And the ceiling over the grand staircase in the FCO
Grand Staircase Ceiling by Ian, on Flickr

some different versions on a thread in Architecture and Urban if you want more

“Excellent” set of Fujigraphs Sir, with some stunningly vibrant colours.(y)

George.

I did know it was Samyang! Quite ironic that my iPhone autocorrected to Samsung....

Cheers guys, they look like good bang for buck lenses. Good to hear one positive reviews!
My experience is that they are excellent optically but build quality can vary. I’ve experienced very stiff focus, and infinity markings not always accurate.

Back