The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I’ve picked up the 35mm f1.2 artisans lens. Very small, but made of metal is is mf only. Haven’t really had a chance to test it properly. £140 from amazon.
That’s a very good price. Might pick that one up to test as Amazon have good returns

Guys, I'm looking for a nice thumb rest for my XT3. Any recommendations?

Has anyone received a silver X-T3 yet , black is in stock at jessops but silver is pre order , I've ordered one but just wondering if they're available yet..

All going on in here.

Anyone using a light meter with their Fuji?
I was wondering that too. I use a flash meter normally, but not tried it yet with my Fuji. I must give it a go, though i guess it may just mean adjusting the ISO to suit. I must have a search for some info on this.

I was wondering that too. I use a flash meter normally, but not tried it yet with my Fuji. I must give it a go, though i guess it may just mean adjusting the ISO to suit. I must have a search for some info on this.

When I first started using Fuji with the X-Pro1 and X-T1 I had to get used to the readings not matching and I didn't have anyway to calibrate my light meter to the Fuji's. Got rid of the light meter before I had moved to the X-T2 and just got used to taking a couple of shots to adjust the lighting.

The newer Godox system though makes it even easier. Take a test shot with ttl, switch over to manual using that test as the base and adjust to suit.

Surely the XT2 one would work?
Not having an X-T3 I couldn’t say, but I would expect subtle changes in button and dial location. There are very few thumb rests which are interchangeable from one model to the next in a particular series. Do you need one? I have one on my X100F, but feel no need for one on the X-H1.

Not having an X-T3 I couldn’t say, but I would expect subtle changes in button and dial location. There are very few thumb rests which are interchangeable from one model to the next in a particular series. Do you need one? I have one on my X100F, but feel no need for one on the X-H1.
I guess I don't exactly need one rather than want one, Sometimes I find it a little cramped depending on how I'm holding the camera plus kinda want to pimp up my camera :p

Has anyone received a silver X-T3 yet , black is in stock at jessops but silver is pre order , I've ordered one but just wondering if they're available yet..

Ordered my X-T3 on Saturday before the £200 trade in deal ended. The silver's were the only ones in stock at WEX.

X-T2 old! I'm just now thinking that the X-T1 might be low in enough cost for me to invest. I've been waiting several years and the moment is coming. Maybe not quite yet, but soon...

Nothing wrong with an X-T1 Sir, “Excellent” camera and capable of producing extremely good results.(y)

George.

Ordered my X-T3 on Saturday before the £200 trade in deal ended. The silver's were the only ones in stock at WEX.

The £200 trade in is on until the 30th, they gave me £10.37 for a working 20D :D

With regards to the 2 years warranty for Fuji X cameras showing on some retailers' website such as WEX, I have contacted Fuji UK and below is their response:

'Thank you for contacting Fujifilm UK

The manufacturer's warranty on Fujifilm cameras and lenses is 12 months. Some retailers do offer and extended warranty but they would be covering the extra time themselves.

Please check with your retailer to see if they offered any more than the 12 months.

Kind regards

The Fujifilm X World Team'

With regards to the 2 years warranty for Fuji X cameras showing on some retailers' website such as WEX, I have contacted Fuji UK and below is their response:

'Thank you for contacting Fujifilm UK

The manufacturer's warranty on Fujifilm cameras and lenses is 12 months. Some retailers do offer and extended warranty but they would be covering the extra time themselves.

Please check with your retailer to see if they offered any more than the 12 months.

Kind regards

The Fujifilm X World Team'
There is EU directive 1999/44/EC which basically gives you a two year guarantee on anything sold in Europe. Though the usefulness of that for new purchases now that we are likely to be out of the EU is questionable.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old discarded/dilapidated fisherman's hut. In the background you can see several of the many other things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty type presentation for this snap to bring out some of the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/1500th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Tripod.
Things Left Behind (20) (Dungeness)-03269 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

The £200 trade in is on until the 30th, they gave me £10.37 for a working 20D :D

It is indeed. I'm away with work and then on holiday for a week after so it was the only chance I'll get. Just had the despatched notice. Hopefully will be delivered tomorrow.

Anyone know if you can open Xt3 raws in iridient?

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old discarded/dilapidated fisherman's hut. In the background you can see several of the many other things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty type presentation for this snap to bring out some of the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

George.

I like the processsing on this one George. It suits th scene.

George.
Very nice composition and processing. Well done.

Are XT3 owners having any problems with third party batteries? I get the warning about some functions wont work?

I like the processsing on this one George. It suits th scene.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

George.

I have had my XT-3 for a few days now, took it out at the weekend though the weather was grim. I love the way it handles, I don't know if it is all the manual controls but it certainly is making me think a bit more, or it could just be that I have been shooting canon for so long that they are just second nature to me, one thing that I am not getting to grips with yet is the zoom rings work in the opposite direction!

The standard strap was doing my head in, I kept ending up in a tangled mess every time I picked it up for a grab shot so decided a detachable strap was in order, so treated it to a Peak Designs leash, what a nicely made thing that is! And while I was at it, a red soft shutter seemed to make sense. :cool:

20180924_194354 (Medium).jpg

I need to give it a bit longer before I pass judgement on the images it is producing, having come from full frame and a full compliment of L glass I have at times wondered if I am expecting too much, but on the other hand I have seen some fantastic images on here so I am sure it is just a case of learning a whole new camera system again.

A couple from a wet day out in Knole.
DSCF0086 (Large).JPG

DSCF0114 (Large).JPG

I have had my XT-3 for a few days now, took it out at the weekend though the weather was grim. I love the way it handles, I don't know if it is all the manual controls but it certainly is making me think a bit more, or it could just be that I have been shooting canon for so long that they are just second nature to me, one thing that I am not getting to grips with yet is the zoom rings work in the opposite direction!

The standard strap was doing my head in, I kept ending up in a tangled mess every time I picked it up for a grab shot so decided a detachable strap was in order, so treated it to a Peak Designs leash, what a nicely made thing that is! And while I was at it, a red soft shutter seemed to make sense. :cool:

View attachment 135213

I need to give it a bit longer before I pass judgement on the images it is producing, having come from full frame and a full compliment of L glass I have at times wondered if I am expecting too much, but on the other hand I have seen some fantastic images on here so I am sure it is just a case of learning a whole new camera system again.

A couple from a wet day out in Knole.
View attachment 135214

View attachment 135215

Very nice, I enjoyed days out in Knole when I was a kid. Will have to take my lad there one day.

I've also recently moved from a Canon 5D and heavy bag of L series lenses, but to an X-T2. It was a bit of a rushed pitch, as I wanted to have a new camera for a trip away with the family. I was pleased with these shots:

Owen
by Lewis Craik, on Flickr
My little boy who loves posing for (and playing with) Daddy's camera!

Ilfracombe
by Lewis Craik, on Flickr
Having used actual Velvia back in the day, I had to use Velvia mode on the Fuji!

The main thing was that the camera was much easier to carry around than my old Canon gear, so I used it more and have got some great photos from the trip.

Last edited:
They work fine, camera just pops up with a warning they will not last as long as Fuji ‘s’ batteries at switch on.

Back