The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Even though I`ve got a banging saw head from last nights gig in town and too much booze, I`d still go and get it today if it arrives plus I do feel like a big kid waiting for his new toy.

I used to love shooting gigs, no way I could hack it now though. You have a nice little set of lenses now I see, how's that 50 F2?

I used to love shooting gigs, no way I could hack it now though. You have a nice little set of lenses now I see, how's that 50 F2?

The 50mm f2 comes with the camera when I pick it up, but really looking forward to using it once it goes on the X-T3. Don`t think my head and body like late gigs though haha.

^^^ @trevjm Nope, LR doesn't have the fuji film profiles yet as there is no X-T3 support currently (and I've not tried the in-camera processing). Opened in Silkypix and converted to 16bit Tiff (cannot for the life of me figure out how to covert to DNG in Silkypix), then imported into LR to process.

Last edited:
Any recommendations on 3rd party batteries? Always just bought Ex-Pro before.
Ex-Pro, except if you’re using a T3 or a H1 it will flash up a warning message about shorter battery life to the Fuji S batteries.

Finally, I'll finally get to use my XT3 tomorrow after getting it on launch day. Gonna go into parks and grab a peak design clutch and then head to borough market hopefully going to get some nice photos.

Boss wasn't too happy I turned down working this weekend too though.

I'm struggling to connect my camera to the phone app though , the pairing just keeps trying to find the camera. Has anyone else had trouble?

Finally, I'll finally get to use my XT3 tomorrow after getting it on launch day. Gonna go into parks and grab a peak design clutch and then head to borough market hopefully going to get some nice photos.

Boss wasn't too happy I turned down working this weekend too though.

I'm struggling to connect my camera to the phone app though , the pairing just keeps trying to find the camera. Has anyone else had trouble?

Me too. Gave and downloaded Cascable. Works pretty well.

I went in to my local Jessops to enquire and they said they had plenty of stock. While I wouldn’t say it wasn’t selling, it is a contrast to the X-T2 which I had to pre order to get and were very hard to get hold of for a couple of months after release.

Maybe that’s just because now manufacture has moved to China, they can get more units out in the wild quicker?

Any recommendations on 3rd party batteries? Always just bought Ex-Pro before.

Ex-Pro, except if you’re using a T3 or a H1 it will flash up a warning message about shorter battery life to the Fuji S batteries.

And as per posts above, if you use an X-T3 anything other than fuji’s own 126 ‘s’ batteries will limit frame rate to 8fps. Which is irritating but not a deal breaker imo.

I went in to my local Jessops to enquire and they said they had plenty of stock. While I wouldn’t say it wasn’t selling, it is a contrast to the X-T2 which I had to pre order to get and were very hard to get hold of for a couple of months after release.

Maybe that’s just because now manufacture has moved to China, they can get more units out in the wild quicker?

Could well be, or a lot of people are grabbing the XT2 at a bargain? or the masses are waiting on the FF ML offerings that they really don't need but can't help themselves? I wouldn't see it as a negative toward the camera, it's just maybe not flying off the shelves as we were led to believe. People on here are still waiting on theirs, yet there's plenty of stock elsewhere

Hey let's not get all touchy feely Fuji defensive, he's just saying what he saw. Though, he may well be an idiot too, I don't know of him, this just popped up on my feed
I’m no fan boy and I don’t need anyone telling me what to post and what not to post lol

I’m no fan boy and I don’t need anyone telling me what to post and what not to post lol

You'll get told and like it :D Your post just seemed a bit cringe tbh. I mean, it's not the guy's fault he happened to see spare stock. I think a lot of people have their blinkers on

He's confusing shops having stock of something they think is going to be in demand, to shops having over-stocked. If none were available would he be commenting?

No idea tbh, all I see it meaning is there is stock, plenty of it, somewhere. There's probably a tonne of shops the same. So why can some not get their pre-order ones? If there was a high demand then stock should have been limited er store perhaps. I'd like to know what the actual sales figures are at the same time. I mean, never mind this guy, that's just an example, he might be the only one with the balls to say it?

This guy seems to think nobody is buying the T3:

To presume a high priced niche product isn't selling well due to stores having stock is a ridiculous way to measure how popular it is or if it's selling well or not. I've been in manufacturing and product design and this isn't really how it works at all.

They moved production to China and I presume equals faster product production and they've learnt from previous iterations to have more launch stock than they previously had. From my experience of launch day nearly all stores sold out when I enquired with slots being quite limited, also depending on location as well. I presume a camera store in a place like Birmingham will have a lot less buyers than London or new york. Restock for this particular camera has also been particularly fast as well.

No idea tbh, all I see it meaning is there is stock, plenty of it, somewhere. There's probably a tonne of shops the same. So why can some not get their pre-order ones? If there was a high demand then stock should have been limited er store perhaps. I'd like to know what the actual sales figures are at the same time. I mean, never mind this guy, that's just an example, he might be the only one with the balls to say it?
Who knows? When I was into Olympus I frequently visited SRS. One of the guys told me that when a new model was announced they would estimate how many pre-orders they would have, order double and hope Olympus would send them at least half. It usually worked. If they were wrong they either ended up over-stocked or short.

To presume a high priced niche product isn't selling well due to stores having stock is a ridiculous way to measure how popular it is or if it's selling well or not. I've been in manufacturing and product design and this isn't really how it works at all.

They moved production to China and I presume equals faster product production and they've learnt from previous iterations to have more launch stock than they previously had. From my experience of launch day nearly all stores sold out when I enquired with slots being quite limited, also depending on location as well. I presume a camera store in a place like Birmingham will have a lot less buyers than London or new york. Restock for this particular camera has also been particularly fast as well.

No more ridiculous than some other vloggers claiming it's selling like mad, without any knowledge of sales figures. I'm sure it's selling just fine, just not out of stock everywhere as some imagine.

Who knows? When I was into Olympus I frequently visited SRS. One of the guys told me that when a new model was announced they would estimate how many pre-orders they would have, order double and hope Olympus would send them at least half. It usually worked. If they were wrong they either ended up over-stocked or short.

Could well be the case. Pity he didn't say exactly where this store was so people who are still waiting knew where to get one [I think he's an Oz but lives in UK]

You'll get told and like it :D Your post just seemed a bit cringe tbh. I mean, it's not the guy's fault he happened to see spare stock. I think a lot of people have their blinkers on
Congrats, first one to go on the ignore list

Congrats, first one to go on the ignore list

Cool, so I won't have to deal with your baby tantrums anymore? :dummy:

"I'm no fanboy": Has Fuji avatar, gets all defensive because someone mentions bad sales, calls guy in video an idiot without even watching :LOL:

To everyone else it's just something I thought you mind find of interest, especially those awaiting their pre-order

Last edited:
OK, it's down to the battery. Put a 126S battery in the camera and all CH options available up to 30fps.

Put a 126 non 's' in it and only option is 8fps. And then, even if you have an 's' battery in camera, if you add battery grip with plain old Fuji own 126, or 3rd party batteries in the grip, it reverts back to 8fps maximum!!!

Bizarre. I wonder if that's intended...

Contacted Fuji about this who confirmed its deliberate.

So, if you have the grip on the camera you need 3 x ‘s’ batteries to access anything above 8fps.

I wouldn't know if the X-T3 is the same as the X-H1 in this respect as I don't have an X-T3, but with the X-H1 when switching the camera on with a third party battery in the camera or grip you get an initial sign appearing saying that it would run down quickly and please use a 126s battery etc. When checking the menu settings with the grip attached it does indeed limit CH to 8fps, but when engaging boost mode on the grip the higher CH of 11fps becomes available. This is exactly the same as when three Ex Pro batteries are used together or three 126s batteries or any combination of the two types.(y)

George.

Handled and tested the Fuji XT-3 earlier, although it’s an improvement over the XT-2, its not for me. Great lenses though [emoji4]
Plenty in stock apparently.

It could be, the staff did say on Wednesday when I traded it could be a few days as they were waiting for delivery.

At least there's the chance for you to get it tomorrow, if you bought online you'd have to wait till Monday

Handled and tested the Fuji XT-3 earlier, although it’s an improvement over the XT-2, its not for me. Great lenses though [emoji4] Plenty in stock apparently.

How come? I mean you knew it was almost identical to the XT2 I presume? What turned you off the idea

Last edited:
At least there's the chance for you to get it tomorrow, if you bought online you'd have to wait till Monday

How come? I mean you knew it was almost identical to the XT2 I presume? What turned you off the idea

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, but will have to phone them as at mum`s for lunch and helping her move some things in the flat.

I wouldn't know if the X-T3 is the same as the X-H1 in this respect as I don't have an X-T3, but with the X-H1 when switching the camera on with a third party battery in the camera or grip you get an initial sign appearing saying that it would run down quickly and please use a 126s battery etc. When checking the menu settings with the grip attached it does indeed limit CH to 8fps, but when engaging boost mode on the grip the higher CH of 11fps becomes available. This is exactly the same as when three Ex Pro batteries are used together or three 126s batteries or any combination of the two types.(y)

George.

Only in ES mode on X-T3...I thought not at all but on further play it seems it only disabled higher frame rates above 8fps in MS mode. So if using electronic shutter the higher frame rates are available with other batteries.

The good news though is that the system can be 'fooled' by the higher power third party batteries it seems. For example the Ex-pro white 1260mAh batteries allow the higher frame rates to be used with manual shutter. And the warning doesn't flash up either. Which is nice.

Last edited:
I had a good play with the Fuji XT-3, in isolation and compared to other APS-C systems it’s pretty unbeatable, better than the XT-2, however I’ve been spoilt from the likes of a Sony A9 / A7 III, so the drop in performance was more than I was willing to accept. :)

I had a good play with the Fuji XT-3, in isolation and compared to other APS-C systems it’s pretty unbeatable, better than the XT-2, however I’ve been spoilt from the likes of a Sony A9 / A7 III, so the drop in performance was more than I was willing to accept. :)

Performance as in speed or ISO or image quality? or all 3? Just curious, I know the A7III is a great camera, but I do wonder how much of these high end specs we really need? Are they becoming too much of a crutch that we have become dependent on?

Performance as in speed or ISO or image quality? or all 3? Just curious, I know the A7III is a great camera, but I do wonder how much of these high end specs we really need? Are they becoming too much of a crutch that we have become dependent on?
I would say all three, I am accustomed to the speed, ISO/DR and AF performance of the Sony full-frame bodies which makes it hard to ignore when moving to a different system, not just the Fuji XT-3.
That being said, I could easily get around the limitations and make the Fuji XT-3 work for me to get results, but as a tool the Sony gets the results easily........ with the Fuji you have to think and put more effort in to get the results.....

Fuji = better feeling system which is fun and enjoyable to shoot with, they also look cool.
Sony = better tool to get the end results but it probably lacks the fun element.

I really do like the Fuji system as a whole.

Last edited:
Back