The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

From my quick look at the video it looked like the screen was flicking on and off in much the same way it would if covering the eye sensor on and off. The eye cup could cause that.
If that's not what the video portrays I put that down to a quick view on my phone with no sound [emoji16]

See where you're coming from.... But I've hit the "viewmode" switch a few times so that shouldn't happen, but I'll try anyway.

- Nope.....

Is there a push button hard reset?

Can anyone recommend a bag that doesnt look like a camera bag that will just hold an XT-3 with 10-24 and 18-55 ?

Tried a Tenba DN8 which was too small and a DNA 10 which is too big !!

thanks !

Can anyone recommend a bag that doesnt look like a camera bag that will just hold an XT-3 with 10-24 and 18-55 ?

thanks !

I use a ThinkTank Retrospective 5 when i want to carry light. This holds my XT3 23mm f2, 35mm f2 & 50mm f2

Went to go out after lunch, got to the lake, switched on, and this happened....

IMG_2843 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Changed batteries, changed lenses.... Any ideas?

(Note: It's a movie file, you'll have to click on it too see my problem)

Right, rear screen is fine with no lens present, but it goes back to how it was with any lens attached

Right, rear screen is fine with no lens present, but it goes back to how it was with any lens attached

Dirty contacts is what I would check for first. Both on the lens and the mount. If you have some alcohol wipes give the cpu contacts a quick clean and re-try

Anybody got the address for the UK Fuji Service Centre? Looks like it needs to go to them to get sorted.

Anybody got the address for the UK Fuji Service Centre? Looks like it needs to go to them to get sorted.

Can`t be 100% but might be here ...

Address: St Martins Business Centre, St Martins Way, Bedford MK42 0LF

Hours:
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30AM Thu
Phone: 01234 572000

thanks !

I've got the Tenba BYOB9 insert which should be the perfect size for that setup (similar to my usual carry). It fits perfectly in my normal NF backpack, which doesn't look at all camera-ey!

Haha, I'm originally from London (born and bred) but moved 'up North back in the early 70's, so probably now consider myself a northerner. Makes me laugh when I live near a medium size town, and when going in on the weekends, we say "popping into town", yet you use the same phrase for the mighty London :D

Nice B&W BTW

Haha, I'm originally from London (born and bred) but moved 'up North back in the early 70's, so probably now consider myself a northerner. Makes me laugh when I live near a medium size town, and when going in on the weekends, we say "popping into town", yet you use the same phrase for the mighty London :D

Nice B&W BTW

Bloody northeners ;) almost as bad as tourists haha
It must be a turn of phrase, that we use, and you still do :) I`m only 30 mins away on a stupidly slow train. So when I don`t fancy countryside, I`ll "pop into town" :D

There's a firmware update for the X-T30 released today, which loaded without any issues. One useful thing on it is to make the Q button less sensitive, so you don't switch it on by mistake...

FW update completed here, all good, not tested it yet though.

I've been commissioned by friends to take a photo of a place they like on Hampstead Heath. Apparently they like the "sun streaming through the leaves on the trees" but beyond this and the approximate locations, I am not 100% sure what I need to capture. They plan to print it 6 feet by 4 feet plus. Anyway, as I had some free time yesterday I went there to see what the spot looks like in early spring. Not exactly "sun streaming through leaves", and the pond looks more like a mud bath right now, but with 11 20 shots merged in a pano I think I can print it large. Just needs more sun, more leaves, less mud and for me to move about 30 feet to my left.

Heath pond by Ian, on Flickr

And here is the same pond from the other side taken in Autumn which I much prefer:

Sandy Heath Pond by Ian, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've been commissioned by friends to take a photo of a place they like on Hampstead Heath. Apparently they like the "sun streaming through the leaves on the trees" but beyond this and the approximate locations, I am not 100% sure what I need to capture. They plan to print it 6 feet by 4 feet plus. Anyway, as I had some free time yesterday I went there to see what the spot looks like in early spring. Not exactly "sun streaming through leaves", and the pond looks more like a mud bath right now, but with 11 shots merged in a pano I think I can print it large. Just needs more sun, more leaves, less mud and for me to move about 30 feet to my left.

Heath pond by Ian, on Flickr

And here is the same pond from the other side taken in Autumn which I much prefer:

Sandy Heath Pond by Ian, on Flickr

I agree with you on the Autumn one, Ian. Looks like you need one of those almost misty mornings after a damp night, to get the sun rays through. Those reeds (or whatever they are), are so green, almost to the point if distraction.
I`m sure you`ll find a solution though, a man of your calibre ;)

I agree with you on the Autumn one, Ian. Looks like you need one of those almost misty mornings after a damp night, to get the sun rays through. Those reeds (or whatever they are), are so green, almost to the point if distraction.
I`m sure you`ll find a solution though, a man of your calibre ;)
I am sure I'll work it out using my usual method - take shot after shot until by sheer chance a decent one emerges!

No idea what the green things are - they are very vibrant and have appeared from nowhere. I worry you are right about the misty morning effect. I am not exactly a morning person, but might have to set the alarm.

I am sure I'll work it out using my usual method - take shot after shot until by sheer chance a decent one emerges!

No idea what the green things are - they are very vibrant and have appeared from nowhere. I worry you are right about the misty morning effect. I am not exactly a morning person, but might have to set the alarm.

Same here re, mornings lol, but sometimes needs must ;) The only issue is the sun coming up even earlier now ...

@ianmarsh... Ian, I’d be happy with the 2nd image but would clone out the 1st tree on the right by the ponds edge. Then add the rays of sun light.... I’d be happy to have that on my wall.

I am going away to Costa Rica on Monday, and while I am there I am hoping to be able to take a few shots, this may not be as easy as normal due to the fact I have a 4 year old with me and the small distraction of also getting married... However, I have my XT-3 and plan on limiting myself to 2 lenses, I am definitely taking the 18-55, but am torn between the 50-140 and 100-400. What do you guys think? I'm hoping to get out into the countryside at some point and I prefer the 50-140 over the 100-400, but just wondered if anyone thinks the latter would be more useful.

I am going away to Costa Rica on Monday, and while I am there I am hoping to be able to take a few shots, this may not be as easy as normal due to the fact I have a 4 year old with me and the small distraction of also getting married... However, I have my XT-3 and plan on limiting myself to 2 lenses, I am definitely taking the 18-55, but am torn between the 50-140 and 100-400. What do you guys think? I'm hoping to get out into the countryside at some point and I prefer the 50-140 over the 100-400, but just wondered if anyone thinks the latter would be more useful.
We went to Costa Rica 18 years ago, just before our eldest was born, and the rain forests are stunning. If I was to go back there tomorrow I'd take the X-T3 with a 10-24 and an 18-55...

We went to Costa Rica 18 years ago, just before our eldest was born, and the rain forests are stunning. If I was to go back there tomorrow I'd take the X-T3 with a 10-24 and an 18-55...
Thanks :) I think I'll take the 50 -140 with the 18 -55 then.

Back