The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

For myself, a Fuji X-T3and grip, and a 100-400f4 XF with 1.4tc for the missus an X-T3 and grip with 50-140f2.8 XF with 1.4 tc, these were new but we also couldn't resist an 18-55 f2.8 XF each which were used and only £325 each but we did get a fair amount of discount buying it all in a lump sum, we got other stuff like Eileen's 2 x 32GB cards, Harrison cameras are fantastic, no pushy salesmen, the guy that served us bent over backwards to help and get us the discount, would highly recommend these guys to anyone.

20190628_151745 by danger_mouse1964, on Flickr

@Dangermouse1964 ... Pete you and Mrs Mouse will love all that new Gear. I have the X-T3 and both the 50-140 & 100-400mm You won’t regret treating yourselves

@Dangermouse1964 ... Pete you and Mrs Mouse will love all that new Gear. I have the X-T3 and both the 50-140 & 100-400mm You won’t regret treating yourselves
I have those, plus the 50 1.2 and 10-24 which is my current favourite :) Enjoy your new gear...

Question Guys....

I don’t know a lot about Voigtlander except that they produce stunning optics, I’ve seen a Voigtlander 50mm 1.5 in silver on a Leica m mount that is beyond mint. The seller is looking for £600. I suppose my question is, is this a snap your hand off deal? Can someone that has used this series of lens enlighten me as to the quality etc. A few real world pics too.

Question Guys....

I don’t know a lot about Voigtlander except that they produce stunning optics, I’ve seen a Voigtlander 50mm 1.5 in silver on a Leica m mount that is beyond mint. The seller is looking for £600. I suppose my question is, is this a snap your hand off deal? Can someone that has used this series of lens enlighten me as to the quality etc. A few real world pics too.
They are £699 new from Red Dot, or £599 for the black one. I prefer the later f1.2 though...

OK guys I am stuck, how do I assign front command dial to shutter speed and the rear to aperture on the X-T3

I could do with your help guys if you can as we are using them for the first time at Cleethorpes armed forces day tomorrow and would like to say we both love the X-T3 ;)

OK guys I am stuck, how do I assign front command dial to shutter speed and the rear to aperture on the X-T3

I don't own an XT3 but on the H1 [I'm sure it's the same] I have SS set to the front dial. Head to the wrench menu and down to button dial setting - then on to command dial setting - you can change what the dials do here. I like having the SS on the front dial and mostly have the top dial set to 'T' for this.

Last edited:
Tried that and no luck, it does work on X-T2 that way though

Hmm, should work, let me try find a video I seen recently on this

Here you go, XT3 set up, click on to about 1;40 into the vid and he shows how he does it. Only difference is he sets SS to the rear and aperture to the front. Personally I prefer SS to the front and the rear I use for exp comp [as the XH1 doesn't have the separate dial for this]

Last edited:
Tried that and no luck, it does work on X-T2 that way though

Okay, I always use the aperture ring rather than the dials but thought I'd have a quick look at this. Setting the dials to S.S. or F works fine for front or back dial for me (set as you need). One extra step I found I need in order to get the dial working for aperture, is to set 'Aperture Ring Setting (A)' to Command rather than Auto.

So with lens aperture ring set to 'A' and shutter speed dial set to 'T' I can then use the command dials to control shutter speed and aperture.

Last edited:
Just a query, will aperture dial work on XF lenses that have the aperture ring, or does the camera allow it in camera and on lens or stop in camera function?

Just a query, will aperture dial work on XF lenses that have the aperture ring, or does the camera allow it in camera and on lens or stop in camera function?

I've not tried it tbh, I always just use the aperture ring on the lens, or even on the adapter I use, but I'm pretty sure you can over-ride it.

jj just got in there, I was thinking that's how it's done but wasn't certain

Had a wander around Kew Gardens, yesterday. Damn it was hot `n` sticky, so avoided the Palm House as that`s bad enough already. The glass sculptures were ok, but a bit too far away for me to get anything decent. But the new Beehive, is really cool :)

The Beehive at Kew by Paulie-W, on Flickr

And one of the Temperate House ...

Temperate House at Kew by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Last edited:
Went to the armed forces day at Cleethorpes today, armed with the brand new X-T3 still on factory settings, didn't even have time to put the strap onto it, anyway complete novice to the X-T3 and the 100-400 with 1.4tc all straight out of the box.

DSCF0247 by danger_mouse1964, on Flickr
I really should go one year as I’m only 20 minutes away. Nice shot.

Took my new, second hand 10-24 for a spin, need some tips I think, things didn't turn out quite as I would have hoped today.
The poppy fields were way past their best really, but I tried to salvage something from it. the colour in the poppies was sparse, I had no Grad filter, high winds, so all in all, a bit of a challenge....
About the best I could muster...

poppy fields -1-2 by Darrin Roberts, on Flickr

poppy fields -1-6 by Darrin Roberts, on Flickr

poppy fields -1-4 by Darrin Roberts, on Flickr

poppy fields -1-5 by Darrin Roberts, on Flickr

poppy fields -1 by Darrin Roberts, on Flickr

So got the bus to town then a short walk to the music hall today, the lad is Vinny the bass guitarist but loved this shot and the lady was just a singer singing at the Ship hotel as I walked past. X-T3 + XF90mm f2.

Vinny by Dave, on Flickr

The Singer by Dave, on Flickr

Well i took the plunge and sold all my Canon gear at the weekend and bought the 100-400 and 1.4x. I tried it on the shops X-T3 demo on Friday and was blown away by the results. I then went back yesterday with my X-T2 and again, hand held, 1/125, with converter attached just sublime how sharp the images were.

Small tear in my eye as had the 6d for a long time but decided the only way to totally embrace Fuji was to let the canon gear go.

Out of interest are there many here using the XT2 for motorsport

Well i took the plunge and sold all my Canon gear at the weekend and bought the 100-400 and 1.4x. I tried it on the shops X-T3 demo on Friday and was blown away by the results. I then went back yesterday with my X-T2 and again, hand held, 1/125, with converter attached just sublime how sharp the images were.

Small tear in my eye as had the 6d for a long time but decided the only way to totally embrace Fuji was to let the canon gear go.

Good on yer... I did the same a couple of years ago.

Haven't done much motorsport for a couple of years, used to do a lot when I was biking. Here's one from a track day @ Goodwood last year, my buddy in his Mini GP2.

Neil_sml.jpg

I only shoot for fun, but I enjoy a bit of motorsport. The X-T2 worked well, although I have an X-T3 now.

Castle Combe Howards Day 2017-4011 by JJ_Glos, on Flickr

That’s a “RESULT” in my book, congrat’s “ENJOY”

George.

And of course, if you want to know about Fuji & motorsport, just ask George (@G.K.Jnr. )......

If in doubt then check out Jeff Carters work with the XT-2 (and XH-1)

https://www.macleanphotographic.com/

Back