The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So the screen is landscape and viewing those images is fine, but portrait shots are small with the sides black (if that makes sense). On my Nikon I would turn the camera to portrait and it would fill the screen. How to do this on the xt3?

So the screen is landscape and viewing those images is fine, but portrait shots are small with the sides black (if that makes sense). On my Nikon I would turn the camera to portrait and it would fill the screen. How to do this on the xt3?

I think this may help, mine does what you are asking, but I can't remember how I did it

IMAGE ROTATE
Rotate pictures.

1. Display the desired picture.
  2. Select IMAGE ROTATE in the playback menu.
  3. Press the selector down to rotate the picture 90° clockwise, up to rotate it 90° counterclockwise.
  4. Press MENU/OK. The picture will automatically be displayed in the selected orientation whenever it is played back on the camera.
Protected pictures cannot be rotated. Remove protection before rotating pictures.
The camera may not be able to rotate pictures created with other devices. Pictures rotated on the camera will not be rotated when viewed on a computer or on other cameras.
Pictures taken with DSCREEN SET-UP > AUTOROTATE PB are automatically displayed in the correct orientation during playback.

That doesn't actually say how to ignore the jpegs, but puts me on the right track on ho to delete them - bring them into my catalog retrospectively, then delete them.

I use a card reader to load image files onto my laptop, as soon as the folder opens I discard all Jpegs. I only shoot RAW + Jpeg for the zoom/check ability, never actually use the files.

I have folders set to separate file type so it takes just a second to highlight them all and delete
Do you do that in camera - if so how? Or is this something you do at on the laptop prior to import?

More shots taken with the antique Tamron SP 35-80mm zoom on my X-E3.
Bro Distributor by Kyle, on Flickr

Cardiff Bay by Kyle, on Flickr
Lovely picture of a very nice ship, accommodation on board very nice, even got a three piece suite in the wheelhouse on a raised plinth with a coffee table..

That doesn't actually say how to ignore the jpegs, but puts me on the right track on ho to delete them - bring them into my catalog retrospectively, then delete them.

Do you do that in camera - if so how? Or is this something you do at on the laptop prior to import?

Once the folder opens on the laptop or PC you can go to 'view' along the top, then 'group by' and 'type' and it auto separates RAW files from Jpegs - just highlight the Jpegs and hit delete. At least for me once I've done this once it'll remember my preference. When I load up an SD card to my laptop the folder opens with them already separated now.

Great news, Roxi actually played at their wedding and asked me if she could send the photos to them as I`d posted them on my FB page, so the happy couple will now have them.

Nice one Dave

Flickr is being an ass again, had trouble both uploading last night, and then trying to add images to groups or even link them, but a few from the week from me with the X-H1 and 16-55

Blackwater Mill by K G, on Flickr

Goggles by K G, on Flickr

Stranger Things by K G, on Flickr

“Excellent set of Fujigraphs, liking all of these very much, with my particular fav’ being #3.

George.

Beachy Head Lighthouse and Sailing Boat

65lwmlD.jpg

Very nice Fujigraph, with some lovely colours & detail.

George.

@Dave70D how are you finding the X-E3 compares to the XT-3?

Yet more photos from Italy, this time the sunset view from the next hill over from our house:

1. Fiegni and the Sibillini mountains with sunlight on Ruffella
Fiegni-1 by Ian, on Flickr

2. A vertical version
Fiegni-2 by Ian, on Flickr

3. Some lenticular clouds that appeared from nowhere
Fiegni-3 by Ian, on Flickr

Nice set. The light in #1 is pretty magical, and my pick of the three (y)

@Dave70D how are you finding the X-E3 compares to the XT-3?

It`s a nice little camera, at the moment I have it set to Raw/Jpeg and Acros. It was a toss up between getting another X100F or this little bundle of fun, I will bring it out everytime I take either the T3 or H1 plus I was chuffed using it at yesterdays jazz do.

So I recently treated myself to a Godox V860II, an XT1 trigger (fab combo if your interested) and a Lencarta 70cm octabox to mess about with some portraits of the kids (the flash is always handy to have on its own).
I don't have a dedicated background yet so this was an available piece of blank wall in the house.

Will add in a reflector at a later stage to bouncew a little light back into the shadows but for just now its all about experimenting with the position of the softbox for fill/wrap around lighting.

Excuse the moody look of my 3 year old daughter although I think her demeanour works quite well. (it took bribary and a packet of haribo to get this) :ROFLMAO:

DSCF0724 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Nice, clean and sharp. However the light is a flat on to her right cheek and chest, so lacks texture and modeling to that side.
Traditional lighting would suggest that you put the main light (the only one in this case) the other side, and shoot the Shadow side of the face.
This would move the nice 3D shapes to the larger side, but might shade the left eye unless the light was carefully placed.

If you look at the right side of the image, as it now is. it contains all the interests, shape, modeling and texture.

Last edited:
Nice, clean and sharp. However the light is a flat on to her right cheek and chest, so lacks texture and molding to that side.
Traditional lighting would suggest that you put the main light (the only one in this case) the other side, and shoot the Shadow side of the face.
This would move the nice 3D shapes to the larger side, but might shade the left eye unless the light was carefully placed.

If you look at the right side of the image, as it now is. it contains all the interests, shape, molding and texture.

Cheers Terry for the top tip (y) Never thought of it that way. Next time I will move the light and experiment some more with your theory.

@trevorbray ......Just happened to Grab an XH-1 and 16mm 1.4.........hmmmm

The Dog pic is my favourite...

Last edited:
Yet more photos from Italy, this time the sunset view from the next hill over from our house:

2. A vertical version

“Excellent” set of landscape Fujigraphs, nuff said.

George.

Last edited:

2. A vertical version

Colours in that first one are magical, excellent shot Ian...

Eastbourne Pier with Fuji xe1 and Meike 25mm F1.8

IwS5oO6.jpg

“Excellent” Fujigraph, well composed, with some good moody tones and a nice sky.

George.

Earlier I`d shot the jazz gig at The Royal Sovereign, this is Dan, chuffed I took it one handed and low down with the X-H1 + XF16-55mm f2.8.

Dan the Bass Man by Dave, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph, works really well for me, and nicely presented in mono.

George.

Back