The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

How much was the steal??
Not really a "steal" at £911 but it's about £50-100 cheaper than the usual used prices in what I'd describe as barely used condition. That said, ffordes have one for £849 in E++ condition but it's not boxed. (not that a box is really worth £60)

It's an amazing lens, but in what world is it part of a "lighter wight kit"? It's almost 250g heavier than the canon 70-200/4 is for example. I love mine, but it just doesn't find its way into my travel bag very often sadly. But have fun, it is definitely nice and sharp.
When you are used to carrying nearly 3Kg of Nikon FF gear around, this thing is light. It and the X-E3 weighs less than my 80-200 on it's own. That's ignoring the RZ67 medium format kit that I sometimes lug around.

Last edited:
You are comparing an f2.8 with an f4 lens.......

Yeah that was on purpose, since the Canon isn't for crop. If the comparison makes sense depends on what you want to do with the lens of course. Anyway, I certainly didn't want to start a ff/crop discussion :) If have the Fuji myself and like it, I would just never mention it in the same sentence as "light weight". Then again it's all relative as Kei said, compared with his Nikon gear. He'll be very happy with it.

Not really a "steal" at £911 but it's about £50-100 cheaper than the usual used prices in what I'd describe as barely used condition. That said, ffordes have one for £849 in E++ condition but it's not boxed. (not that a box is really worth £60)

When you are used to carrying nearly 3Kg of Nikon FF gear around, this thing is light. It and the X-E3 weighs less than my 80-200 on it's own. That's ignoring the RZ67 medium format kit that I sometimes lug around.

Yes, I was a bit put off by the descriptions WEX put on, basically saying the lenses all have dust in them (and not the odd spec!)

Question - 55-200 or a 50-140 with TC? Would there be much of an IQ difference when shooting f5.6-f11?

55-200 makes most sense as its a lot cheaper, would get infrequent use and would either give me £££ in the bank or to splurge on a prime or 2. If there is going to be a noticeable difference between the 2 then the 50-140 may be worth it?

Yes, I was a bit put off by the descriptions WEX put on, basically saying the lenses all have dust in them (and not the odd spec!)
Wex descriptions seem to be a little off putting regarding the dust. Having bought a few used items from them, all of them have been better than their descriptions would have suggested which is preferable. From my own check, there is one single speck inside this lens which IMO, isn't so bad since they suggested heavier dust near the rear element. My 80-200 being ~25 years old and not weather sealed looks pretty bad on the inside but you'd never know it looking at the pictures it produces. I've got a few other lenses with other ailments that were picked up dirt cheap which perform brilliantly. (zeiss planar 85mm f1.4 with a chipped front element for £80 for example)

As to whether the 50-140 is worth it over the 55-200, I couldn't answer that on. I has the same dilemma and decided that I'd been down the slower longer range route in the past and didn't like it so I went with what matched my favourite lens.

They say that to cover themselves, it'll be in the description for most lenses on there

I've no idea. I reckon it had the other tucked away. It's not the first time I've seen a seagull do that in the rain.

I'm veering toward the 90mm and re buying a 35 maybe. OR the 16 and 50mm ... can't decide :D There's the Viltrox 85mm also which looks a good alternative to the 90mm for half the price of a used 90mm

Last edited:
I'm veering toward the 90mm and re buying a 35 maybe. OR the 16 and 50mm ... can't decide :D There's the Viltrox 85mm also which looks a good alternative to the 90mm for half the price of a used 90mm

I was going to get another camera, but that would be silly so I`m going to buy the XF50mm f2 again as I miss that lens.

I was going to get another camera, but that would be silly so I`m going to buy the XF50mm f2 again as I miss that lens.

I like the look of the 50F2, I think I might go 16 1.4 if I can find one for a decent price, and then maybe the 50F2, think that would be a sweet combination. I'll just adapt anything else I might need say for macro or casual wildlife. Thinking on the 90mm I don't think I'd get enough use out of it, I could double it as a macro lens using my Raynox but I can do that with any old lens longer than 70mm and get good results - it's definitely more an outdoor lens. You get good use from it, as it's perfect for what you do

I like the look of the 50F2, I think I might go 16 1.4 if I can find one for a decent price, and then maybe the 50F2, think that would be a sweet combination. I'll just adapt anything else I might need say for macro or casual wildlife. Thinking on the 90mm I don't think I'd get enough use out of it, I could double it as a macro lens using my Raynox but I can do that with any old lens longer than 70mm and get good results - it's definitely more an outdoor lens. You get good use from it, as it's perfect for what you do

I love the 90mm on the X-T3 where it will stay and the 16-55mm will stay on the X-H1 so I then have the 23mm/35mm and 50mm for the X-E3.

I like the new style. Very nice. What software are you using?
Thanks Rick

My Adobe subscription is up for renewal, i've got the full monty but it's going up considerably after a first year discount. I only really need PS, LR & Acrobat to edit PDF's but Acrobat is bloody expensive. I'm trialling Capture One but I think i'd miss PS too much. Can do without LR.

I'm importing RAW into Capture One Express, Classic Chrome, tweaking highlights and shadows then using Analog Efex Pro to add the film effect. I also did a small amount of sharpening in PS on this one as i'm yet to play with the sharpening in Capture One.

I love the 90mm on the X-T3 where it will stay and the 16-55mm will stay on the X-H1 so I then have the 23mm/35mm and 50mm for the X-E3.

Pretty well sorted so :) I wouldn't mind a second body, one with a tele or macro lens always on and the other for something like a 16

Pretty well sorted so :) I wouldn't mind a second body, one with a tele or macro lens always on and the other for something like a 16

I was going to get the XPRO2 last week, but now Jessops put the price back up I thought NO chance. I do like the idea of maybe getting the 16mm f1.4 but not yet or even the 14mm f2.8.

Thanks Rick

My Adobe subscription is up for renewal, i've got the full monty but it's going up considerably after a first year discount. I only really need PS, LR & Acrobat to edit PDF's but Acrobat is bloody expensive. I'm trialling Capture One but I think i'd miss PS too much. Can do without LR.

I'm importing RAW into Capture One Express, Classic Chrome, tweaking highlights and shadows then using Analog Efex Pro to add the film effect. I also did a small amount of sharpening in PS on this one as i'm yet to play with the sharpening in Capture One.
Thanks for the detail, I'll try something similar in ON1 Raw if I can :)

I was going to get the XPRO2 last week, but now Jessops put the price back up I thought NO chance. I do like the idea of maybe getting the 16mm f1.4 but not yet or even the 14mm f2.8.

Camera Jungle have 15% off atm, they have an xpro2 that works out at £694 with that discount in what they describe as 'mint' con

Keith am I right in thinking you have used Camera Jungle before? How did you find them?

I bought my X-H1 on there and a couple of lenses too. I've found them very good, initially I was wary as there was no sign of the camera after 5 days and they weren't responding to my emails - But, I then found out they were in the middle of a move at the time. The camera arrived as described, 'mint' I would say like new, not a mark on it. There was a couple of bits missing from the box, the flash unit for one - and they were very good about that once I got in touch. They not only sent out the flash and missing hot-shoe cover but added in an extra official Fuji battery and an extra strap! I had also added in that I thought the battery performance was poor, I think they took me up wrong maybe so added in an extra battery, but I would say top service right there. Later on I bought a 'well used' Canon 85mm for peanuts [they had a 20% sale on at the time] and honestly, it was in excellent condition too.

Side note on the battery performance: I don't know why it was running down so quick at the start, but since I have set up the camera how I like it both batteries I have give very good performance. When i first got the camera it was depleting rapid! Only giving me a couple hours, now 2 batteries would do me for a whole day and more.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If I do get yet another camera, the X-T2 new is only £699 form Jessops, but the 50mm is the next on my list.

I have a fringer pro adapter up for sale locally atm, if that can sell I will go for the 16 1.4 and 50F2, might just get the 16mm either way. There's a couple on CJ but neither seem to have a lens hood which is a bummer - they are in 'mint' con, but why no hood??

Two very nice candid street style Fujigraphs, liking the style of PP very much for this type of work.

“The shot with “The Harp” bar in it, is that the one in Chandos Place”?

George.
Thanks very much George, yes indeed Chandos Place.

I think I'm still on Pete's blacklist :ROFLMAO: I can't even remember why, but I do know he said he blocked me ages back, oh well

I bought my X-H1 on there and a couple of lenses too. I've found them very good, initially I was wary as there was no sign of the camera after 5 days and they weren't responding to my emails - But, I then found out they were in the middle of a move at the time. The camera arrived as described, 'mint' I would say like new, not a mark on it. There was a couple of bits missing from the box, the flash unit for one - and they were very good about that once I got in touch. They not only sent out the flash and missing hot-shoe cover but added in an extra official Fuji battery and an extra strap! I had also added in that I thought the battery performance was poor, I think they took me up wrong maybe so added in an extra battery, but I would say top service right there. Later on I bought a 'well used' Canon 85mm for peanuts [they had a 20% sale on at the time] and honestly, it was in excellent condition too.

Side note on the battery performance: I don't know why it was running down so quick at the start, but since I have set up the camera how I like it both batteries I have give very good performance. When i first got the camera it was depleting rapid! Only giving me a couple hours, now 2 batteries would do me for a whole day and more.

Cheers Keith, fancy the idea of one of the Sony RX100 models and with the 15% makes it a fair bit cheaper than a new even with the cash back.

Last edited:

I don't use it that often, but I wouldn't be without my 90mm f2, it's a peach.

I like mine too, but I'm going to sell it and get one of the Sony 85mm Lenses, although not sure which one of the 5 to choose from, lol.

The 90mm F2 is the only other lens I would look to buy. So far I have managed to resist...

Back