The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yup, the view mode button on side of the evf cycles through eye sensor and LCD on off functions

X-E3 + XF35mm f2 today on my walkabout today.

Harley Davidson by Dave, on Flickr

Dave you seem to be enjoying the 35F2 again, I'm still considering re-buying one, see one up locally for a good price, but then .... I still want the 50 .... I'm being more patient in my decision than usual this time out as I've bought a few too many lenses past year that I passed on after little time

Dave you seem to be enjoying the 35F2 again, I'm still considering re-buying one, see one up locally for a good price, but then .... I still want the 50 .... I'm being more patient in my decision than usual this time out as I've bought a few too many lenses past year that I passed on after little time

Thanks Keith, it had been quite a while just sat in the bag so I thought I`d better start to use it again. I`m looking forward to using the 50mm soon as loved that for in close jazz shots.

Thanks Keith, it had been quite a while just sat in the bag so I thought I`d better start to use it again. I`m looking forward to using the 50mm soon as loved that for in close jazz shots.

Yeah, my pocket is saying 35, but my head says 50. Took a few outdoor shots earlier of my partner using the 16mm and she wasn't too fond of them, it's not a portrait lens at all - great for all else! [full length or group shots it's fine] But the 50mm would have been perfect for the more portrait style she was after

Last edited:
Yeah, my pocket is saying 35, but my head says 50. Took a few outdoor shots earlier of my partner using the 16mm and she wasn't too fond of them, it's not a portrait lens at all - great for all else! [full length or group shots it's fine] But the 50mm would have been perfect for the more portrait style she was after

Get both :D

Ha, maybe! But tbh, when I had the 35 I also had a Canon 50mm 1.8 that I adapted to the H1, and the difference in FL wasn't enough for me to want to use both regularly. The Fuji 35 pretty much kicked the sheeet out of the Canon in terms of colour, contrast, sharpness [at F2 and above] and that's actually hat got me thinking on the 50mm. I think I prefer that FL, and if the Fuji 50mm is even slightly better than the 35 then I already know it's going to be very good indeed.

Ha, maybe! But tbh, when I had the 35 I also had a Canon 50mm 1.8 that I adapted to the H1, and the difference in FL wasn't enough for me to want to use both regularly. The Fuji 35 pretty much kicked the sheeet out of the Canon in terms of colour, contrast, sharpness [at F2 and above] and that's actually hat got me thinking on the 50mm. I think I prefer that FL, and if the Fuji 50mm is even slightly better than the 35 then I already know it's going to be very good indeed.

I made a very big mistake selling my first XF50mm f2, and now I`ve got it back it will be a keeper as IMO I was stupid getting rid of it in the first place as I think the 50mm is one hell a great lens.

I bought the 50mm F2 when it first came out for taking pics. of new granddaughter. It does not disappoint. I think it is one of Fuji’s best.

Quite pleased with Jessops this morning. Took some stuff in to trade and the chap in the shop was decent enough to say that I’d under-graded my stuff and upped the trade in values. They’d already offered quite a bit more than others due to the 15% trade in bonus they had last weekend, the extra on the quote only made it better. Nice to see the customer being treated well.

So I’m now (nearly) Nikon-less, just two lenses to get shut of.

Additions to my Fuji family: 16-55 and 55-200.

I'm hoping Fuji do an Autumn cashback offer soon

Probably start Monday ‘cos I’ve bought those ^ :D

Last edited:
Quite pleased with Jessops this morning. Took some stuff in to trade and the chap in the shop was decent enough to say that I’d under-graded my stuff and upped the trade in values. They’d already offered quite a bit more than others due to the 15% trade in bonus they had last weekend, the extra on the quote only made it better. Nice to see the customer being treated well.

So I’m now (nearly) Nikon-less, just two lenses to get shut of.

Additions to my Fuji family: 16-55 and 70-200.

There’s a 70-200 ??

I am buying the X-T3 as soon as the 16-80 is available, but getting very impatient! Will run with my Canon until I am convinced the Fuji is the way I want to go (but in my heart, I already know it is). But I want to keep my Tamron 100-400 as I also love this lens and really not worth selling - recommendations on an adapter (Fringer Pro II)?

Also, I have bought happily from Panamoz before with no problems, but I see the X-T3 is quite a bit cheaper on e-infinity. Anyone had any problems with them?

Have been watching this thread and love the pics and comments/help provided.

Last edited:
Best place to buy the soft shutter button & thumb rest for my X100F?:)

Apparently tomorrow the chap in Jessops told us when we were looking at an X-T30 for my wife, he even said not to buy the camera today.

He said he had the new offer ready to come out of the cupboard tomorrow, but wouldn't let on what it was

Always the way .... just been looking at some of your images on Flickr by the way, some beautiful stuff. I'm not envious of your gear at all , at all ... :grumpy:

:p

Many thanks.

Need to move on the 23mm f2 and then I'd like to get the 16mm once again. Love that lens.

Very nice B&W tones in this one Paulie, great contrast. That 56 is another lens I'd love to try some time

Thanks, Keith (y)
TBO I don`t use it enough, and forced myself to today, as I`m a lazy arse, and mostly stick with the 23 ;) It does take a bit of getting used to though, but a lovely lens IMO.

Back