The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

This Snap Made "EXPLORE"
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at London UK of a guy sitting peacefully with his pipe.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/60th @ F5.6, ISO-200 Handheld.
Peace Pipe-03321 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Very nice image George, goes well in mono.

Fujifilm need to release a new camera, we all seem far too comfortable with our gear, whats happened to the GAS ?

Fujifilm need to release a new camera, we all seem far too comfortable with our gear, whats happened to the GAS ?

GAS is alive and well in my world. I’ve only had the XT-2 a week and I’m already thinking I should have gone all-in with the XT-3. :p I know full well that the XT-2 is more than enough but all the Nikon stuff has been sold..... :naughty:

GAS is alive and well in my world. I’ve only had the XT-2 a week and I’m already thinking I should have gone all-in with the XT-3. :p I know full well that the XT-2 is more than enough but all the Nikon stuff has been sold..... :naughty:
Haha a man and his cash easily parted by fast cars, hi-fi, cameras and fast women :p

Well there are plenty of lenses to feed our GAS and since 13 is an unlucky number I need to buy another one

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha a man and his cash easily parted by fast cars, hi-fi, cameras and fast women :p

Funnily enough, I went record shopping today and walked out with an armful. The shop had two copies of a record I wanted, they both were cheap and in good nick so rather than choose, I bought both. There really is no hope for me...:p

@JasonPC ..... I’ve had the T2, T3 & the H1.

I loved the T2 did everything I needed it too, jumped on the T3 bandwagon, was okay but not light years better, bought the H1 because of the better handling and the ibis.

If you really have “GAS” I would say get the H1, that way you are covered for stabilised and non-stabilised Lenses.

Well there are plenty of lenses to feed our GAS and since 13 is an unlucky number I need to buy another one

Yep get it done quickly 13 is definitely a unlucky number as is 4 in Japan :LOL:
I have loaded all my f2 lenses into one bag for now 5x XF f2 plus XF 16mm f 2.8 along with my2 Ziess Touit lenses I have managed to pickup.
My fast glass is carefully packed in a black Aluminium case.

Last edited:

I loved the T2 did everything I needed it too, jumped on the T3 bandwagon, was okay but not light years better, bought the H1 because of the better handling and the ibis.

If you really have “GAS” I would say get the H1, that way you are covered for stabilised and non-stabilised Lenses.

I would second that the handling is a plus along with IBIS for me hence I have two X-H1 bodies now along with 9 other X bodies for back up :lock: G.A.S. Is still alive till they lock :lock: me up :LOL:

Jeeze you lot are terrible ;)
I have one, yes only one T2, and that`s enough for me (y)

I think I`m cover with lenses too. 14,23,56,80, and 55-200.

You can never have to much of a good thing imo especially when it’s Fuji :fuji: oh and add my XT10 to that list lol :LOL::LOL:

I have one camera, and it's all I need. A couple of simple primes and some kind of macro set up and it covers all - I've had 2-3 cameras and bunches of lenses in the past and it would just frustrate me if I couldn't use them all when i wanted to go take photos. Keep it simple, you'll shoot more and obviously get better results than you will stuck in polishing all your gear :D

On the Viltrox 85 - looks decent, going on reviews it's best stopped down a bit as it's not the sharpest wide open. AF seems hit and miss but bokeh looks really nice - it also suffers some purple fringing. Much like the Canon 85 1.8 then that I adapted for a bit.

Last edited:
You can never have to much of a good thing imo especially when it’s Fuji :fuji: oh and add my XT10 to that list lol :LOL::LOL:

Haha we need a pic of the lot ;)

I have one camera, and it's all I need. A couple of simple primes and some kind of macro set up and it covers all - I've had 2-3 cameras and bunches of lenses in the past and it would just frustrate me if I couldn't use them all when i wanted to go take photos. Keep it simple, you'll shoot more and obviously get better results than you will stuck in polishing all your gear :D

On the Viltrox 85 - looks decent, going on reviews it's best stopped down a bit as it's not the sharpest wide open. AF seems hit and miss but bokeh looks really nice - it also suffers some purple fringing. Much like the Canon 85 1.8 then that I adapted for a bit.

When I sold off my nikon gear, I kinda went as "like for like" as I could get. Just fancied a little more reach though, but keeping the weight down. No polishing for me, it gets used, but not abused ;)

Haha we need a pic of the lot ;)

When I sold off my nikon gear, I kinda went as "like for like" as I could get. Just fancied a little more reach though, but keeping the weight down. No polishing for me, it gets used, but not abused ;)

At one point when shooting Nikon I had the 24-70 2.8, a Sigma Art 35 1.4, Nikon 50 1.8G, 85 1.8G, a Sigma 150mm OS macro [had the Nikon 105 just before this] and the Nikon 300mm F4 - I had the 70-200 2.8 VR with a 1.7x TC also but sold those to buy the 300 F4 [and 35mm I think] - used to cart most of that around on my bike just going out for some casual photos :D Man did I learn when my back gave in [not from carrying all of that, but a work accident] - Now it's compact and simplistic and i take more photos, enjoy it more too. Others seem to be able to manage their mounds of gear better than I could, I hated leaving anything behind. And it was affecting my photography, I'd get frustrated missing shots while changing lenses. Just how I prefer it now, rather have a couple decent lenses than a bag full of so-so ones that would just wreck my head ... and back! :D

When i had all of that some people thought I was a 'pro' and i was getting asked to do weddings, which I did because I felt I should probably make use of it all and get something back - but I detested doing photography as a 'job' on side, takes the fun out of it for me. I see it as more a therapy :wacky:

Last edited:
At one point when shooting Nikon I had the 24-70 2.8, a Sigma Art 35 1.4, Nikon 50 1.8G, 85 1.8G, a Sigma 150mm OS macro [had the Nikon 105 just before this] and the Nikon 300mm F4 - I had the 70-200 2.8 VR with a 1.7x TC also but sold those to buy the 300 F4 [and 35mm I think] - used to cart most of that around on my bike just going out for some casual photos :D Man did I learn when my back gave in [not from carrying all of that, but a work accident] - Now it's compact and simplistic and i take more photos, enjoy it more too. Others seem to be able to manage their mounds of gear better than I could, I hated leaving anything behind. And it was affecting my photography, I'd get frustrated missing shots while changing lenses. Just how I prefer it now, rather have a couple decent lenses than a bag full of so-so ones that would just wreck my head ... and back! :D

When i had all of that some people thought I was a 'pro' and i was getting asked to do weddings, which I did because I felt I should probably make use of it all and get something back - but I detested doing photography as a 'job' on side, takes the fun out of it for me. I see it as more a therapy :wacky:

Pretty much the same setup as I had, and agree it did weigh a ton lol
I only take out what I need to though. If I`m going into town the 14 will definately come. Most of the time the 23 is on the camera (always loved 35mm foacl length). Probably my least used lens is the 56, but wanted it :) I never take everything, unless I`m going away for the weekend.

Pretty much the same setup as I had, and agree it did weigh a ton lol
I only take out what I need to though. If I`m going into town the 14 will definately come. Most of the time the 23 is on the camera (always loved 35mm foacl length). Probably my least used lens is the 56, but wanted it :) I never take everything, unless I`m going away for the weekend.

It's nice to have choices too of course. As long as you know what you plan to shoot. Most times I don't , just head out with the aim of getting at least one keeper, whatever it turns out to be.

I just imagine when I leave a lens behind it'll be the very one I need. I remember weighing my bag at times before travel and it was hitting 10kg, that's just completely unnecessary for what I do. It's not that I want or prefer really light weight gear, I like larger grippier cameras and I don't mind chunky lenses - I just keep the overall to a few KG.

Heads up for anyone considering an X-T2 right now, they have a bunch of them in excellent condition on Camera jungle at £500 - they have 20% off everything atm too code: SEPT20] making it just £400.

I loved the T2 did everything I needed it too, jumped on the T3 bandwagon, was okay but not light years better,

A little while back I set myself a 'last gen' rule. The Xt2 does all I need and at 600 quid bn it was a bit of a steal I think. Downsizing my camera gear, both weight wise and pound note wise was my goal. I'm happy with my lot....

...I think. :)

A little while back I set myself a 'last gen' rule. The Xt2 does all I need and at 600 quid bn it was a bit of a steal I think. Downsizing my camera gear, both weight wise and pound note wise was my goal. I'm happy with my lot....

...I think. :)

It's only on forums like this that newest gear rules really. Outside of them, an X-T2 is still a pretty exotic camera to the non photography peeps.

Last edited:

That’s a very nice outfit, but you really do need to have a back up X-H1 or two.:):)(y)

George.

It's only on forums like this that newest gear rules really.

I’m a guessin’ that’s just about hit the nail right on the head. Am I glad I found & participate to the forum, else I’d still be using using a camera powered by steam and having to change the wick frequently if you get my drift. :):):)

George.

I’m a guessin’ that’s just about hit the nail right on the head. Am I glad I found & participate to the forum, else I’d still be using using a camera powered by steam and having to change the wick frequently if you get my drift. :):):)

George.

It can work precisely the opposite though, we feel this need to upgrade constantly because it's a gear forum and we see our peers getting all these new shinies. I think some people just fall under the pressure, and it does nothing to improve their photography. There's people on here still using gear from 2 decades back producing great images and some who have bags of the latest and 'greatest' gear and do more talking than shooting. Not so much this thread mind, most in here actually make good use of their gear no matter how old or new. It's certainly one of the most active for images alone

If you're eager enough and gots the skills then that steam powered camera would do the job ;)

I have the wildlife gear in one bag: T2, grip, 100-400 & 1.4TC plus room for the 50-140 or 90 should I feel the need.
In the other bag I have: the other T2, 10-24, 35 f1.4, 60mm, a set of tubes & my filters.
I have my spare batteries & cards in case3 to swap between both bags.

Travel tripod & monopod are in the car, as is the R-strap.

If I'm doing anything out of the ordinary I can just jump gear from one bag to another.

That makes life fairly simple for me.....

I have the wildlife gear in one bag: T2, grip, 100-400 & 1.4TC plus room for the 50-140 or 90 should I feel the need.
In the other bag I have: the other T2, 10-24, 35 f1.4, 60mm, a set of tubes & my filters.
I have my spare batteries & cards in case3 to swap between both bags.

Travel tripod & monopod are in the car, as is the R-strap.

If I'm doing anything out of the ordinary I can just jump gear from one bag to another.

That makes life fairly simple for me.....

Don't even get me started on bags :D I have 4 bags here, 3 of which were pretty expensive, and I end up mostly using one that cost me £30 :D because it's actually the most comfortable, and suits my downsized gear best. I had 6 bags at one stage including a roller bag that cost £300 that I used twice before it turned into storage - then sold on. So I'm certainly not lecturing people for over buying, I've been guilty of it for years. I've only learned over the past couple to stick to what I will actually make good use of ;)

If you have a good system that flows nicely and you know what you need for any time you head that's great :)

I think part of my problem is that, bad management.

Last edited:
I quite like steam powered cameras and lenses:-

A Blackbird's Breakfast by Andrew R, on Flickr

X-E1 and 1969 Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Oreston 50mm/1.7 wide open

Certainly has it's own unique character that lens.

Have you by any chance ever used the old Nikon 200mm F4 AI/Ais? I have my eye on one, threatened to buy one many times but went for cheaper options that ended up not being so great. From what little reviews I can find on it seems like it's a very sharp lens wide open, which is what I'd be looking for

Don't even get me started on bags :D I have 4 bags here, 3 of which were pretty expensive, and I end up mostly using one that cost me £30 :D because it's actually the most comfortable, and suits my downsized gear best. I had 6 bags at one stage including a roller bag that cost £300 that I used twice before it turned into storage - then sold on. So I'm certainly not lecturing people for over buying, I've been guilty of it for years. I've only learned over the past couple to stick to what I will actually make good use of ;)

If you have a good system that flows nicely and you know what you need for any time you head that's great :)

I think part of my problem is that, bad management.

It was really a response to: I've had 2-3 cameras and bunches of lenses in the past and it would just frustrate me if I couldn't use them all when i wanted to go take photos"

Although I have 2 bodies, I rarely take them out together, unless it's one of those "out of the ordinary" times.... I like the fact that that I have a "grab bag" for most occasions.

It was really a response to: I've had 2-3 cameras and bunches of lenses in the past and it would just frustrate me if I couldn't use them all when i wanted to go take photos"

Although I have 2 bodies, I rarely take them out together, unless it's one of those "out of the ordinary" times.... I like the fact that that I have a "grab bag" for most occasions.

I did use some bags for storage at the time, I mean it wasn't always practical to bring a hoarde of lenses when I was just going for a cycle - but I'd still have that needling feeling 'wish I'd brought the 300 ...'

Looking at used prices dropping and 10-20% sales being commonplace I wouldn't actually mind getting a smaller cam as a 2nd - could stick a macro lens on there and be done

If you're eager enough and gots the skills then that steam powered camera would do the job ;)

I've probably got the skills (debatable I know), but its lugging all that coal & water about to make the steam that weighs me down far too much.:):):)

George.

Back