The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

It's nice to have choices too of course. As long as you know what you plan to shoot. Most times I don't , just head out with the aim of getting at least one keeper, whatever it turns out to be.

I just imagine when I leave a lens behind it'll be the very one I need. I remember weighing my bag at times before travel and it was hitting 10kg, that's just completely unnecessary for what I do. It's not that I want or prefer really light weight gear, I like larger grippier cameras and I don't mind chunky lenses - I just keep the overall to a few KG.

I try to plan, and work around with what I`ve got to hand ;) Like this season, I`ll most likely be taking the macro out, if I`m going country side. Otherwise, it`ll be 23,56 and 14 All of which are a damn sight lighter than the Nikon kit I used to lug around.

That’s a very nice outfit, but you really do need to have a back up X-H1 or two.:):)(y)

George.

Thanks, George :)
I did handle an H1 but just didn`t really like it that much, whereas the T2 fits so well, especially with the metal hand grip (y)

Well... Yesterday was pancake day. The 27mm came from E-Infinity

I'm pretty impressed with the service, considering the price was lower than I could buy used over here. Ordered Thursday, paid with PayPal, and received a confirmation along with a snap of the boxed lens and packing slip on Friday. Then late Saturday I got a Parcelfarce tracking link along with a snap of the packed item. The tracking link went live first thing Monday, and it arrived yesterday. If I had one tiny complaint it would be that in the snap of my packed item I could clearly see the name and address on the package behind, so I know there's someone in Hook Norton eagerly waiting by the letterbox too. Luckily I'm not an evil, identity stealing scammer so it's all cool, but I'm guessing they're not aware of GDPR rules.

Typically I'm working today, so beyond fitting it to the camera and making sure it works, I can't put it to the test. I'm away with the kids this weekend though, so I look forward to seeing what it can do.

I'm pretty impressed with the service, considering the price was lower than I could buy used over here. Ordered Thursday, paid with PayPal, and received a confirmation along with a snap of the boxed lens and packing slip on Friday. Then late Saturday I got a Parcelfarce tracking link along with a snap of the packed item. The tracking link went live first thing Monday, and it arrived yesterday. If I had one tiny complaint it would be that in the snap of my packed item I could clearly see the name and address on the package behind, so I know there's someone in Hook Norton eagerly waiting by the letterbox too. Luckily I'm not an evil, identity stealing scammer so it's all cool, but I'm guessing they're not aware of GDPR rules.

Typically I'm working today, so beyond fitting it to the camera and making sure it works, I can't put it to the test. I'm away with the kids this weekend though, so I look forward to seeing what it can do.

Sounds like they're better than some of the UK sites are for me here in Ireland. I ordered collection of a lens from MPB, was supposed to be picked up yesterday and no show from DPD [this could be more their fault, or bad communication between the two] - and I'm awaiting delivery of a lens from Camera Jungle that I ordered Monday. I'm used to this though, and understand being over here adds time on, but as usual with CJ they don't give you tracking info. All I know is that it was dispatched Monday ... and it cost me triple the amount that someone in the UK pays for delivery. Should be here later today though I imagine.

Sounds like they're better than some of the UK sites are for me here in Ireland. I ordered collection of a lens from MPB, was supposed to be picked up yesterday and no show from DPD [this could be more their fault, or bad communication between the two] - and I'm awaiting delivery of a lens from Camera Jungle that I ordered Monday. I'm used to this though, and understand being over here adds time on, but as usual with CJ they don't give you tracking info. All I know is that it was dispatched Monday ... and it cost me triple the amount that someone in the UK pays for delivery. Should be here later today though I imagine.
For what they are, I have no complaints. A little extra time is fine as long as I'm kept informed.

For what they are, I have no complaints. A little extra time is fine as long as I'm kept informed.

I don't mind slower delivery once I know going in. My only concern with these sites has always been customs, been bitten a few times in the past, just makes me wary. But seeing many on here have no issues inspires a little more confidence.

I don't mind slower delivery once I know going in. My only concern with these sites has always been customs, been bitten a few times in the past, just makes me wary. But seeing many on here have no issues inspires a little more confidence.
It came via Parcelfarce 48, with no indication at all that it was from overseas inside or out. The return address on the package is UK based... Stockport IIRC. After getting the tracking link and notification of when it would be active, the first notification was that it was in Manchester. Obviously I can't guarantee your experience would be the same, but it looks pretty watertight to me.

Mine just arrived this morning, via royal mail rather than parcel force. (originated in Salford) I had a very similar experience to you, though there were no other parcels visible in my package picture. I am also working today but I got mine sent to work so I can play with it at lunch time.

It is ridiculously small. The lens cap is a not much bigger than a £2 coin.
XF 27mm f2.8 by Kyle, on Flickr

I’ve had the X-T1 for a few days and the good news is that the IQ is lovely. I’ve been using it with a manual focus 7Artisans 50/1.1 and the focus aids work well. The menus are okay and, after a bit of customising, I like the Q menu.

Unfortunately, I’m not going to get on with the handling and physical controls. I can understand how they can work well for some people but it’s all a bit clunky for me.

Sadly it’ll be going back tomorrow.

@paulcamcas .... Get a Grip...

Seriously though, I have my XT-1 Gripped and it’s extremely lightweight and comfortable. I have mainly small primes on it, everything else goes on the XH-1..

I’ve had the X-T1 for a few days and the good news is that the IQ is lovely. I’ve been using it with a manual focus 7Artisans 50/1.1 and the focus aids work well. The menus are okay and, after a bit of customising, I like the Q menu.

Unfortunately, I’m not going to get on with the handling and physical controls. I can understand how they can work well for some people but it’s all a bit clunky for me.

Sadly it’ll be going back tomorrow.

You don't have to use the physical dials, you can set the camera up to change all settings using the wheels and other buttons just like a dslr. As for the ergonomics, you either like it or you don't, but I know when I had the XT1 I found it much more comfortable with the battery grip attached, so kept that on at all times

You don't have to use the physical dials, you can set the camera up to change all settings using the wheels and other buttons just like a dslr.

I can see how to do that with aperture and shutter but it’s iso that's bothering me.

I can see how to do that with aperture and shutter but it’s iso that's bothering me.

I's been a while since the XT1 for me, but on more recent models you can set it up to change ISO on the front dial instead of aperture, you have the aperture setting on the lens itself. Do you not think it's much handier to look down at a clear dial and see what ISO your at? and just simply turn it to change?

I's been a while since the XT1 for me, but on more recent models you can set it up to change ISO on the front dial instead of aperture, you have the aperture setting on the lens itself. Do you not think it's much handier to look down at a clear dial and see what ISO your at? and just simply turn it to change?

It would resolve my main issue but I haven’t worked out how to set ISO with the front dial, I’m not sure you can on this model. I can see what ISO is set in the viewfinder and I’d rather adjust it without taking the camera from eye. It would be better if the ISO dial didn’t have the lock button.

It would resolve my main issue but I haven’t worked out how to set ISO with the front dial, I’m not sure you can on this model. I can see what ISO is set in the viewfinder and I’d rather adjust it without taking the camera from eye. It would be better if the ISO dial didn’t have the lock button.

It's a matter adjusting to the different ergos, I only recently switched back from a Panasonic to a Fuji and like you, I found it completely alien for the first week or two. And I'd used Fuji for about 2 years in the past! Muscle memory does kick in with time though and I can adjust the ISO dial with my eye to the evf no problem now, without thinking. It is easier on later models like the XT2 and XH1 though as you can click the lock on and off, I just leave it unlocked all the time, have never put it out of place by accident

Last edited:
@paulcamcas .... Get a Grip...

Seriously though, I have my XT-1 Gripped and it’s extremely lightweight and comfortable. I have mainly small primes on it, everything else goes on the XH-1..

Not minding the feel in my hand. But I do prefer a gripped camera as I shoot vertical quite a bit. The lens I’m using is far too big and heavy but the camera itself is okay.

On the plus side, you’d be hard pushed to find better IQ out there for under £250. Reminds me how my old S5 Pro punched miles above its weight.

Last edited:
New X-T3 firmware released.

The firmware update Ver.3.01 from Ver.3.00 incorporates the following issue:

• The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, the message of “TURN OFF THE CAMERA AND TURN ON AGAIN” can appear in the drive mode of “S” when you repeatedly and rapidly take photos in a short time.

Not minding the feel in my hand. But I do prefer a gripped camera as I shoot vertical quite a bit. The lens I’m using is far too big and heavy but the camera itself is okay.

On the plus side, you’d be hard pushed to find better IQ out there for under £250. Reminds me how my old S5 Pro punched miles above its weight.
I'm not sure if it can be the same on an X-T1 but I have set ISO to the Fn button and can change ISO using the front dial and confirm the change by pressing the Fn button again. That said, my X-E3 doesn't have ISO on a dial so might well be different.

Some shots taken with the 27mm pancake today.
ASQ by Kyle, on Flickr

Card Only by Kyle, on Flickr

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a young lad that appears to be Wondering just what he can get up to next.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Wondering-03328
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

What a cracking capture love it !
it takes me back in time when most children used to wear cardigans in my school days (y)

What a cracking capture love it !
it takes me back in time when most children used to wear cardigans in my school days (y)

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

New X-T3 firmware released.

The firmware update Ver.3.01 from Ver.3.00 incorporates the following issue:

• The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, the message of “TURN OFF THE CAMERA AND TURN ON AGAIN” can appear in the drive mode of “S” when you repeatedly and rapidly take photos in a short time.

I had this twice in Wales last week, I was going to call Harrison Camera's but now thanks to you, mystery solved.

Makes you wonder if a new model may be due. XH2 maybe?

An X-H2 would be very nice, company wise we’re due to change our units at the beginning of next year so that would fit in with our plans very nicely.

George.

Turns out that the front dial of my X-T1 was faulty so it’s gone back. I’m going to look closely at the X-H1 now.

The X-H1 units are quite a significant step up from the X-T1, if you do go down that route I’m sure you’ll not be disappointed. I personally have nothing but praise for X-H1 units, we’ve worked our cameras extremely hard for roughly the past two years and have not had a fault with any of them.

“Actually that’s not entirely true, we did have one give up on us completely as it got run over by an F1 equipment truck” :)

George.

Last edited:
Back