The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Looking on MPB, they're around £2,400?

Sounds about right, quite a few around as people have upgraded to the Q2, but an X-T3 and XF16mm would set you back £2K if bought new. They are definitely on my radar, as I feel some of the best images I've taken are with the X100F, rather than all this interchangeable lens stuff!!!

Sounds about right, quite a few around as people have upgraded to the Q2, but an X-T3 and XF16mm would set you back £2K if bought new. They are definitely on my radar, as I feel some of the best images I've taken are with the X100F, rather than all this interchangeable lens stuff!!!
I wish I had the money for one. I’ve quietly lusted after one for ages now, just can’t justify the expense

Bought the X100F yesterday, returned it today. Gutted. It's so small in my hands that I couldn't use it for more than 10 minutes without getting cramp in my fingers! The search continues....

I was worried the XT series was going to be the same with me especially after coming from the 5D series on Canon but finding it a perfect fit.

I was worried the XT series was going to be the same with me especially after coming from the 5D series on Canon but finding it a perfect fit.

I’ve had various X series and the XH1 was a perfect fit for me. The F was a step too far unfortunately

That was pretty much my go to street set up too

Bit pricier to match on Sony, DOF equivalence aside, it'll be the 24mm 1.4 GM on a A7III - I imagine that's a very nice combination too, but the closer focusing isn't quite as good. Or maybe the Sigma 24 1.4 for better value, but still doesn't get in quite as close as the Fuji. That's one of the main things I love about it.

Last edited:
I have the sigma 24/35/85 primes. I love them, but not exactly inconspicuous for street!

They look a little large alright. I had the 34 1.4 for Nikon a few years back, really nice lens that

The ART series Sigmas are superb in my view, but huge! Lovely in low light though

The new shiny (silver) X-T3 has arrived, and even the first hour with it shows how excellent it is. But I can't persuade PC Autosave to co-operate. The camera is correctly registered with the router, the current version of Autosave is installed on the pc. But Autosave is greyed out on the playback menu. Yet the X-T1 PC Autosave's without trouble. What have I done wrong?

Last edited:
I keep meaning to do a speed comparison between the camera and the "super fast" card reader I got with my last Lexar card...
I wasn't able to do a direct speed test as I had envisioned, as I couldn't work out how to access my X-T2 as a mass storage device, my Mac only recognised it as a camera. So instead I captured a screen recording of the time it took to import 200 raw files (10.09GB) in to Lightroom, using first the Lexar UHS-II card reader that came with my last Lexar card and a USB3 lead direct from my X-T2.

The card reader was a whole minute quicker - 4m02s vs 5m02s for the X-T2. I think that when I am on the road I will still stick to downloading from the camera, as it is one less bit of kit to bring along.

The new shiny (silver) X-T3 has arrived, and even the first hour with it shows how excellent it is. But I can't persuade PC Autosave to co-operate. The camera is correctly registered with the router, the current version of Autosave is installed on the pc. But Autosave is greyed out on the playback menu. Yet the X-T1 PC Autosave's without trouble. What have I done wrong?

I don't even know what this 'Autosave' is tbh, is it an XT3 exclusive? either way why do you want to use it? I have never once connected a camera to PC, always took the card out and use a reader.

I don't even know what this 'Autosave' is tbh, is it an XT3 exclusive? either way why do you want to use it? I have never once connected a camera to PC, always took the card out and use a reader.
PC Autosave enables files to be transferred from the camera over wifi to a PC on the same network. No faffng with cards or cables. The X-T1 also has it. Slow, but handy for uploading small batches of files.

Last edited:
PC Autosave enables files to be transferred from the camera over wifi to a PC on the same network. No faffng with cards or cables. The X-T1 also has it. Slow, but handy for uploading small batches of files.
Oh ok, is this jpeg only? I imagine RAW files would take a bit longer

There's a 15% off code now SAVE15

Nice. I only ever buy from them when they have at least that, of course 20% is sweeter but they don't come around as often. Their prices tend to be higher than some of the others so I do think their constant sales are a bit of trickery, but there is usually a bargain t be had if you time it right. The best bargains do go quick

Kinda thinkin' @Dave70D will know where this snap was taken.:)
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of three people enjoying a Relaxing Drink.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/500th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Relaxing Drink-03334
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Very nicely taken George, I can`t put a name to the pub but I do think I`ve had a drink there while sitting out side.

Very nicely taken George, I can`t put a name to the pub but I do think I`ve had a drink there while sitting out side.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate you reply.

“Its a bar bang opposite a market kinda street at one of the Lane’s”

George.

You wait until they start Uni!!!

Don`t even start on that one. My daughter is looking at animation colleges in the States :eek:

Has anyone else pre-ordered the 16-80 ?

Really fancy this lens as its a focal length I have used a lot on other systems - but it will probably mean selling my 10-24 to fund it and I really don't want to do that !

Unless the 16-80 comes down in price at all ?

Back