The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm using an old Yongnuo 560 [original, not even LCD] still that I used for Nikon, Panasonic & Fuji. It's fully manual only, but I never put much faith in TTL for macro [one of very few times I use flash] nor portraits - I would always prefer to have control over the lighting, sometimes you want moody contrast, sometimes you might want high-key. TTL just wants to give you the most boring, even lighting for a scene. The flash I have is manual only either way which is why it works across the board, only really using one pin connection. It doesn't have any specific TTL connectors.

Godox specific to Fuji [afaik you really only need the Godox 'F' transmitter, and it'll work with any Godox flash] will offer you TTL and high speed flash sync - they're no more expensive than the newer Yongnuo TTL units

I think I'll still get the Godox, and keep the Yongnuo as a back up

On another note, the T3 I got from the refurb shop has 185 actuations! I thought it looked new, but 185! I realise it only counts mechanical shutter use, but that's not bad!

Interested to see how you get on with it this time round, as you didn't like it last time.

How are you checking the shutter count? Never knew it was possible with fujis. I assume if its been used heavily with the electronic shutter there's no way to check it?

Interested to see how you get on with it this time round, as you didn't like it last time.

How are you checking the shutter count? Never knew it was possible with fujis. I assume if its been used heavily with the electronic shutter there's no way to check it?

I've bought a grip. We'll see I suppose. I'm running out of options! As far as I know, there's no way to check. But looking at the hardware, its spotless. It doesn't even look like the hot shoe cover has been removed. everything feels tight and new.

Last edited:
Cracking image Paulie, and love the BG.

Thanks, mate :)
Got a half price discount from the peeps I got the other one from, just for uploading a pic and giving a review. Pretty pleased with the quality TBH (y)

On the verge of ordering either a X-T1 or X-T2, can't decide...? Do they both use the same sensors..?

Peter

Get an xt2. 24mp sensor over 16mp. Much better af. Huge improvement in terms of the build. The dials are perfect. In fact much nicer to use than the xt3 and xh1.

Many X-E3 shooters here..? Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences shooting this X-E3 body please...(?) Any advice greatly appreciated.

I'm kinda looking at a X-T2 body, but the X-E3 has caught my eye at the minute. I've a X-E1 body arriving tomorrow to start me off again on my Fuji X journeys....

Cheers;
Peter

The dials are perfect. In fact much nicer to use than the xt3 and xh1.

How so? I've not actually used an X-T2, I know it was an improvement over the 1 by introducing nicer dials with toggle locks [instead of having to hold the lock while adjusting] and a sightly larger grip? But other than that they look much the same. I would have imagined the T3 was ergonomically better again no?

No contest vs the H1 either way, even without IBIS I'd choose it over the others for that nice deep grip and much better [IMO] shutter button + placement of it [more dslr-like] I also kinda prefer a slighly beefier/heavier body

But ... If I did decide, and you never know with me! to switch to a T body, it would certainly be the T2. More so because it would free up some funds for lenses

Had my first order for prints from my street stuff. Had them printed 40X30 on PVC. The quality is immense!
Taken with the XT2 and XH1

Where did you order the prints? I'm planning to print up some of my images to colour up the house a bit.

Where did you order the prints? I'm planning to print up some of my images to colour up the house a bit.

Instaprint believe it or not. They have an offer on for the PVC posters. I was sceptical at first, but they are really good quality, lay flat straight from the tube, no creases and delivered within 4 days from order

Instaprint believe it or not. They have an offer on for the PVC posters. I was sceptical at first, but they are really good quality, lay flat straight from the tube, no creases and delivered within 4 days from order

Cheers, will have a look. I've had decent prints from Aldi-print in the past and did a whole wedding album on Photobox that was really impressive. Once the quality is there I don't mind who does the printing :)

Aw, thought it might be the case "Currently we do not deliver outside of the UK"

Last edited:
How so? I've not actually used an X-T2, I know it was an improvement over the 1 by introducing nicer dials with toggle locks [instead of having to hold the lock while adjusting] and a sightly larger grip? But other than that they look much the same. I would have imagined the T3 was ergonomically better again no?

No contest vs the H1 either way, even without IBIS I'd choose it over the others for that nice deep grip and much better [IMO] shutter button + placement of it [more dslr-like] I also kinda prefer a slighly beefier/heavier body

But ... If I did decide, and you never know with me! to switch to a T body, it would certainly be the T2. More so because it would free up some funds for lenses

The top dials are bigger on the t2. For some crazy reason fuji made them smaller again for the H1 and T3. The xt1 dials are a little fiddly

The top dials are bigger on the t2. For some crazy reason fuji made them smaller again for the H1 and T3. The xt1 dials are a little fiddly

I think it's the ISO dial on the T1 that you have to hold while changing ISO, that was irritating. I find the dials on the H1 just fine, I thought they were the same as the T2 but like I say, never used one.

Just checked my X-T2 - 2,534, which is only 3 out from the file name.

Just ran the last image I took with the "wildlife" T2 and it came up at 16k, in 2.5 years with the drive on most of the time. All those shots and I still don't have a good one :rolleyes: :D

Had my first order for prints from my street stuff. Had them printed 40X30 on PVC. The quality is immense!

Congrat’s on that mate, they look very nice.

”Sure the rope/snake pic’ was taken in the “Tate Modern” which I visited for the first time with my wife a few weeks back. Absolute fascinating place and a great place for candid street work. Need to get back there on my own for a few hours which shouldn’t be too difficult as she’s back home in the states now”

George.

Thanks, to whoever brought up using Canon flash guns on Fuji , I was toying with the idea of buying one for the darker months ahead, so out of curiosity I tried the one of my 6D and it worked, and it works in ttl mode so thanks again.

Congrat’s on that mate, they look very nice.

”Sure the rope/snake pic’ was taken in the “Tate Modern” which I visited for the first time with my wife a few weeks back. Absolute fascinating place and a great place for candid street work. Need to get back there on my own for a few hours which shouldn’t be too difficult as she’s back home in the states now”

George.
That’s the one George. The Tate Modern is the gift that keeps on giving!

Excellent Nick, I must check out Instapriint. I normally use Loxley Colour Labs near Glasgow, excellent!!

Cheers;
Peter

Last edited:
Anyone know the best place to buy a lens hood with adaptor ring for the X100F,& also a polarisor lens,don,t want to pay fuji prices. :)

Thanks, to whoever brought up using Canon flash guns on Fuji , I was toying with the idea of buying one for the darker months ahead, so out of curiosity I tried the one of my 6D and it worked, and it works in ttl mode so thanks again.
What settings did you use to get it to work in TTL, common wisdom is it doesnt? Which Fuji are you using and which Canon flash? Be great if it did work in TTL on the Fuji

Back