The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at the South Bank London UK of a guy with his trumpet doing a bit of street playing. And very good he was too.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/125th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Muso (37)-03350
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

My 7Artisans 7.5mm fisheye arrived today, and as it was dark by the time I got home, I thought Id try some astrophotography for the first time. Oh, and I got a bargain X-e2 off of eBay which arrived yesterday :D

Fuji X-E2, 7.5mm, f/2.8 ISO 3200

AO3Mv.jpg

AOz9K.jpg

AOtsk.jpg

A small bunch from my trip to China:

1. Dawn over HK from the Peak
Peak II by Ian, on Flickr

2. Hong Kong Island blue hour, from Kowloon
HKVI by Ian, on Flickr

3. Pudong Dawn, Shanghai
SHV by Ian, on Flickr

4. Grand Hyatt Hotel Atrium (taken while on my knees, too scared to look over the edge...)
SHIII by Ian, on Flickr

5. Forbidden City Sunset
BJIII by Ian, on Flickr

6. Beijing Centre for Performing Arts in Blue Hour
BJIV by Ian, on Flickr

HKVI by Ian, on Flickr

3. Pudong Dawn, Shanghai
SHV by Ian, on Flickr

4. Grand Hyatt Hotel Atrium (taken while on my knees, too scared to look over the edge...)
SHIII by Ian, on Flickr

5. Forbidden City Sunset
BJIII by Ian, on Flickr

BJIV by Ian, on Flickr

Great set, #3 is my pick of the bunch.

My 7Artisans 7.5mm fisheye arrived today, and as it was dark by the time I got home,

I've been looking at 7 Artisans lenses, are they any good? Does anyone have any experience with them - are they worth the purchase?

OK, here follows a bit of moderately-on-point rambling...

I found myself having come full circle in a way...circa 2011 I was shooting a Canon 5D Mk1 with a Mk1 16-35...I found the 16-35 to be horrid between 16 and 20...so I got me the 5D Mk3 with a Zeiss 21/2,8. This lens was an interesting choice but I wanted that little longer to close the gap towards my 50mm.

Now here comes the full circle bit...I sold my 5D3 in favour of the X-T3 and the first lens I bought was the amazing 10-24. Now I have many lenses to buy first but I am considering getting, as a LAST priority, two primes and they are the 14/2,8 and 23/1,4. Yes they overlap with the 10-24 and for this reason they will be last in line...in the meantime I thoroughly enjoy your opinions and seeing images from wide primes.

Thanks and cheers,

Anton

I started typing this yesterday but got sidetracked! I've own (or owned) the following Samyang 12mm, Fuji Xf14mm, Fuji XF16mm F1.4, Fuji XF23mm F1.4 and Fuji XF23mm F2. If I had to keep two out of these, I'd have the XF16mmF1.4 and XF23mmF1.4. The 14mm is very good and makes an ideal companion wide angle to the standard 18-55mm zoom, they share the same hood, filter size etc, but however good it is, it isn't as good as the XF16mm. The IQ from the 16mm F1.4 is just stellar, the colour rendition spot on, and as @Cagey75 says will focus insanely close, and is WR to boot. I'd very happily sacrifice the extra 2mm of width for the benefits of the 16mm F1.4. The F1.4 also opens up more creative composition opportunities.

I've been looking at 7 Artisans lenses, are they any good? Does anyone have any experience with them - are they worth the purchase?

This is my first. I've only used it briefly, but it's very well built, is actually pretty heavy. Again, the images I've taken so far are hard to properly comment on sharpness etc, but I took some of one of the dogs inside at iso3200 and it looked pretty sharp to me. The corners aren't amazing, but it's a fisheye so kind of expected. I might pick up their 12mm aswell but the only thing that puts me off is you can't use filters easily. The samyang is over double the price though, so it's a hard one to swallow.

HKVI by Ian, on Flickr

3. Pudong Dawn, Shanghai
SHV by Ian, on Flickr

SHIII by Ian, on Flickr

5. Forbidden City Sunset
BJIII by Ian, on Flickr

BJIV by Ian, on Flickr

Some stunning stuff there Ian, really nice processing too.

I started typing this yesterday but got sidetracked! I've own (or owned) the following Samyang 12mm, Fuji Xf14mm, Fuji XF16mm F1.4, Fuji XF23mm F1.4 and Fuji XF23mm F2. If I had to keep two out of these, I'd have the XF16mmF1.4 and XF23mmF1.4. The 14mm is very good and makes an ideal companion wide angle to the standard 18-55mm zoom, they share the same hood, filter size etc, but however good it is, it isn't as good as the XF16mm. The IQ from the 16mm F1.4 is just stellar, the colour rendition spot on, and as @Cagey75 says will focus insanely close, and is WR to boot. I'd very happily sacrifice the extra 2mm of width for the benefits of the 16mm F1.4. The F1.4 also opens up more creative composition opportunities.

Cheers David and thanks for your response;)

In moving over to Fuji from Canon I am cautious not to repeat some lens "mistakes". You raise a very interesting comparison between the 14 and 16...What makes me cautious in considering the 14 is my unresearched opinion that it would practically be a replacement for my Zeiss Distagon 21/2,8...possibly just without the moustaching...and the fact that I haven't won the Lotto...

I am not completely sold on the 16 since the whole 24mm perspective is not one I use frequently and I have that "inside" my 10-24 albeit not that wide aperture. I am happy to hear your comments on the IQ and colour rendition of the 16.

Since i have a rather long shopping list I believe I will force myself to “cope” with the 10-24 for now and it also focuses insanely close...I believe my first wide prime would probably the 23/1,4 and POSSIBLY eventually the 14/2,8...

Last edited:
Cheers David and thanks for your response;)

In moving over to Fuji from Canon I am cautious not to repeat some lens "mistakes". You raise a very interesting comparison between the 14 and 16...What makes me cautious in considering the 14 is my unresearched opinion that it would practically be a replacement for my Zeiss Distagon 21/2,8...possibly just without the moustaching...and the fact that I haven't won the Lotto...

I am not completely sold on the 16 since the whole 24mm perspective is not one I use frequently and I have that "inside" my 10-24 albeit not that wide aperture. I am happy to hear your comments on the IQ and colour rendition of the 16.

Since i have a rather long shopping list I believe I will force myself to cope with the 10-24 for now and it also focuses insanely close...I believe my first wide prime would probably the 23/1,4 and POSSIBLY eventually the 14/2,8...

I thought I'd miss the '21mm' FOV of the 14mm but I don't, only once or twice has it been tight, but on these occasions I've been able to shoot a 2 shot pano instead. As I've got older I've shot less and less wide. When you get to the purchase point, certainly don't dismiss the 16mm F1.4.

I thought I'd miss the '21mm' FOV of the 14mm but I don't, only once or twice has it been tight, but on these occasions I've been able to shoot a 2 shot pano instead. As I've got older I've shot less and less wide. When you get to the purchase point, certainly don't dismiss the 16mm F1.4.
I hear you David. In my film days I used to hate the 35mm perspective with three passions and yet it started growing on me.

I think 6-8 months from now I need to have a look and see where I end up shooting my favourite images with the 10-24...I bet plenty of them will be on the long end...then also, I need to explore the 15/16mm to 20-21mm section ( by which, of course, I mean the 10-14 zone on the Fuji lens) of the 10-24 to see how it compares with the FF 16-20 settings...quite nasty and distorted on FF Canon if my 16-35 Mk1 memories are worth anything...

Last edited:

HKVI by Ian, on Flickr

3. Pudong Dawn, Shanghai
SHV by Ian, on Flickr

SHIII by Ian, on Flickr

5. Forbidden City Sunset
BJIII by Ian, on Flickr

BJIV by Ian, on Flickr

"Excellent" set of Fujigraphs, nuff said.

George.

HKVI by Ian, on Flickr

3. Pudong Dawn, Shanghai
SHV by Ian, on Flickr

SHIII by Ian, on Flickr

5. Forbidden City Sunset
BJIII by Ian, on Flickr

BJIV by Ian, on Flickr

There really should be a “LOVE IT” button for images like these!

Double cashback has historically been part of Fujifilms Black Friday offering, they probably have loads of Xpro2's and want to reduce stock levels as the X-Pro3 comes on stream.
Doesn't look like double cash back on lenses this year? Or perhaps they kick off tomorrow? :)

Going to order it next week when some money clears, if I end up liking it more than the 35mm f2 then the 35 will go but still keep the cracking little 16.
So will you be keeping the 23 1.4 and F2?

Got this shot last night overlooking Bournemouth. I wanted more of the roundabout, but the floor below jutted out, and I cannot get to that floor. But quite happy with the result though, and may head over that way again this afternoon for the Bournemouth lights (hubby at work and I have a few days off work - what better way to spend time than with the camera)
X-T3 16-80 @ 4 seconds
Social Media-1470.jpg

Got this shot last night overlooking Bournemouth. I wanted more of the roundabout, but the floor below jutted out, and I cannot get to that floor. But quite happy with the result though, and may head over that way again this afternoon for the Bournemouth lights (hubby at work and I have a few days off work - what better way to spend time than with the camera)
X-T3 16-80 @ 4 seconds
View attachment 261538
Very nice, I am getting tempted by this as a walkabout lens...

X-T3 16-80 @ 4 seconds
View attachment 261538

Very nice Fujigraph, well composed with some really nice colours and a good sky.

George.

Back