The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

X-H1 + XF56mm f1.2, this one was just screaming to be edited in b&w.

Roy by Dave, on Flickr

The X-H1 and 56 make a great pairing, I will be shooting some stuff at the MIL's birthday party after Xmas and have decided to use that combo as it is likely to be pretty poor lighting.

The X-H1 and 56 make a great pairing, I will be shooting some stuff at the MIL's birthday party after Xmas and have decided to use that combo as it is likely to be pretty poor lighting.

The 56 on the H1 is a cracking combo imo, love it now it`s on the camera.

Plus with me also getting the 23mm f1.4 next week I`m now getting the lenses I want and need for my jazz shots, but I will have to get rid of the 16mm soon I think as loving the other lens so much now.

How are you finding the 16-80 performance wise? Can't help on the LR issue you're experiencing above, when it's asking you to convert to DNG can you not bypass that stage and just head straight to develop mode?
The only time I've seen 'worms' with Fuji files is when I pumped the sharpening, have you processed them differently\/ the first one almost looks like i's a troll :D I'm sure that's not your intention but I have never had an image file from Fuji looking anything like that
We could do with a bit of info regarding the processing

Also do you have the latest FW on the lens, there have been some recent updates to resolve OIS induced mushiness!! https://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/fw_table.html#interchangeable_lens
I have seen reports that it happens sometimes in a busy out of focus areas, grass trees leaves etc. In those circumstances Lightroom detail slider is the cause apparently. Many videos on youtube about it. None or very little detail slider use! Have seen it a few times in my images but now use Capture One and that is amazing for sharpening. You could always export to Photo shop and do your sharpening with that.
It is certainly a processing problem to do with sharpening or detail enhancement.at raw processing stage.
I found the sharpening slider/module in LR to be the biggest culprit. It’s set too high as a default for importing Fuji files imho.

I’ve messed around with LR, (including the detail enhancer), Iridient and Capture One to see which gives, to me, the best results and C1 blows the others away. Maybe give the free Fuji Express version a try and see what you think. Saying that, many people are more than happy with LR and have no issues. Tbh, I had more trouble with my D750 files (banding when editing) than I’ve had with Fuji. It’s just finding a workflow that works for you and the camera.
I’ve found that out of focus greenery is the worst culprit for worms. There isn’t enough detail in the background of the second one for worms. I find tweaking the sharpening settings in Lightroom fixes them. I can’t remember exactly the settings, as I just set it as an import preset.

Thanks for this, and oops I didn't give any details on my processing - I do have all the latest updated, and use the standard import sharpening (haven't figured out how to change this yet), and although I do play with this, both these pictures are around the same with sharpening and detail in the sharpening. If I take it off on these ones, it seems too soft even though I have upped the clarity. I still have the problem that sometimes it converts to DNG (which it has in this case) and other times it just adds as a RAF - unfortunately I am not very technically minded and cannot see how to bypass converting to DNG and can't see anything on YouTube etc. Really sorry for all the questions and lack of knowledge on how to rectify it. I am reluctant to change over from Lightroom Classic only because it would be a whole new process to try and learn and the thought of then losing Photoshop too (ha, even though I don't really use it anyway).

Both photos taken at 80mm, f4 and ISO 3200 (the green one was 1/1000 and the close up was 1/120)

Last edited:
X-H1 + XF56mm f1.2, this one was just screaming to be edited in b&w.

Roy by Dave, on Flickr

Now this one I love Dave, and agree with the B&W. The previous photo you posted wasn’t to my taste, to me nothing was definitive in the picture.

It was me and my camera yesterday walking along the beach to Bournemouth, and making an effort to be a little more diverse with my photos, and I enjoyed the challenge. Here is just a few from the day
X-T3 with 16-80
I didn't have my tripod with me, so the last shot was propped up on a planter with my bananas underneath to give the right angle (2 second timer to avoid any camera shake)!
Social Media-1555.jpgSocial Media-1538.jpgSocial Media-1661.jpg

It was me and my camera yesterday walking along the beach to Bournemouth, and making an effort to be a little more diverse with my photos, and I enjoyed the challenge. Here is just a few from the day
X-T3 with 16-80
I didn't have my tripod with me, so the last shot was propped up on a planter with my bananas underneath to give the right angle (2 second timer to avoid any camera shake)!
View attachment 261680View attachment 261681View attachment 261682

All great images Donna, but loving the first shot.

Here's a shot I took this morning, a wild and windy, ,but dull, Southwest coastline ,,,

X-Pro1; XC 16-50 Lens; f7.1; ISO 200; 1/25

Walk around the City today, London Bridge itself still closed, but a nice day for a pic or two ...

First one processed in C1 fuji express, and finished off in PS.
T2 14mm @ f8
Walkie Talkie London by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Liking this Fujigraph very much, really good interpretation of this iconic structure, and nicely presented in mono.

George.

Walk around the City today, London Bridge itself still closed, but a nice day for a pic or two ...

First one processed in C1 fuji express, and finished off in PS.
T2 14mm @ f8
Walkie Talkie London by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Cracking image and PP Paulie, love the angle too.

Thanks for this, and oops I didn't give any details on my processing - I do have all the latest updated, and use the standard import sharpening (haven't figured out how to change this yet), and although I do play with this, both these pictures are around the same with sharpening and detail in the sharpening. If I take it off on these ones, it seems too soft even though I have upped the clarity. I still have the problem that sometimes it converts to DNG (which it has in this case) and other times it just adds as a RAF - unfortunately I am not very technically minded and cannot see how to bypass converting to DNG and can't see anything on YouTube etc. Really sorry for all the questions and lack of knowledge on how to rectify it. I am reluctant to change over from Lightroom Classic only because it would be a whole new process to try and learn and the thought of then losing Photoshop too (ha, even though I don't really use it anyway).

Both photos taken at 80mm, f4 and ISO 3200 (the green one was 1/1000 and the close up was 1/120)

This video may help. I watched it a while back. The chap compares three different ways of sharpening Fuji files.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24QIfOfi3l8

I used the 50 pound off voucher to get the 35mm f/1.4 on Friday and then this morning got an email from Fuji with a 100 pound voucher in it... Thankfully the 35 1.4 isn't included. I would have been so annoyed :LOL:

@Carl Hall ..... also got my email with the £100 voucher. Makes the 55-200mm £379 after voucher and cash back...

Liking this Fujigraph very much, really good interpretation of this iconic structure, and nicely presented in mono.

George.
Cracking image and PP Paulie, love the angle too.
Nice one. (y)

Thanks for the comments guys :)
I`m kinda getting the hang of C1 for my raws now, but still struggle a bit with the catalogue bits ... PP was acros + red filter (y)

One more of the Walkie Talkie
The light was kind to me (for a change).

T2 14mm @ f8
Alchitectural Wave by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys :)
I`m kinda getting the hang of C1 for my raws now, but still struggle a bit with the catalogue bits ... PP was acros + red filter (y)

One more of the Walkie Talkie
The light was kind to me (for a change).

T2 14mm @ f8
Alchitectural Wave by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Very nice image indeed.

@Craikeybaby & @Photopaque ...

The email says print the email out and take to any retailer to reduce value of specific lens in Promotion. Then you can reclaim the cash back from Fuji, currently £90 for the 55-200mm. Therefore final price paid once everything taken into account is £379.

Last edited:
@Carl Hall ..... also got my email with the £100 voucher. Makes the 55-200mm £379 after voucher and cash back...

Bloody typical! Bought the 50-200mm on Friday for £575 and with the £90 cashback I thought I had a good deal. Then I received the email this morning.

Last edited:
Surf was up in Exmouth this morning, a lovely bright and blustery day

X-Pro1; XC 16-50mm lens; f5.6, ISO 200; 1/500

Last edited:
Surf was up in Exmouth this morning, a lovely bright and blustery day

X-Pro1; XC 16-50mm lens; f5.6, ISO 200; 1/500

Great shot :) rather him than me.

Back