The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Explored a new (to me) bit of Snowdonia yesterday. Took nearly 150 photos of which around 90, (so far), have had to be binned due to being out of focus. The wind was the worst I have ever encountered I think - I couldn't hold the camera still, tripod was an absolute no go and I couldn't see through the viewfinder at times as my eyes were streaming in the cold wind. My feet were soaked as I 'misjudged' a bit of land I trod on and sunk shin-deep into boggy water. I'm not complaining mind, it was the best fun I've had for a while. Love the Snowdonia weather. :)

Here's one from a slightly more sheltered spot.

'Desolate....'

Desolate
by Jason, on Flickr

Last edited:
Explored a new (to me) bit of Snowdonia yesterday. Took nearly 150 photos of which around 90, (so far), have had to be binned due to being out of focus. The wind was the worst I have ever encountered I think - I couldn't hold the camera still, tripod was an absolute no go and I couldn't see through the viewfinder at times as my eyes were streaming in the cold wind. My feet were soaked as I 'misjudged' a bit of land I trod on and sunk shin-deep into boggy water. I'm not complaining mind, it was the best fun I've had for a while. love the Snowdonia weather. :)

Here's one from a slightly more sheltered spot.

'Desolate....'

Desolate
by Jason, on Flickr
Hmm, really sounds like great 'fun' o_O, this is a great picture though

Joined the Fuji gang this morning! Picked up an X-T2 body in the John Lewis sale, having been away from photography for about 3 years when I sold my Nikon gear.

Being a Fuji virgin, and having zero lenses at present, anything in the 24-140mm range to get me started? Any good third party alternatives worth considering? I’ve still got a couple of Nikon lenses lying around, are the adapters any good?

Thanks! I’ll now get to reading all 1300 pages of this thread.

10-24 f4 is stellar..... There's a good selection these days, a lot more than there was even 3 years ago. You may well find a few up for grabs on here too.

It's definitely worth getting it off camera, do you have a trigger? I think that shot could use a little more flash power to give the flowers a little more pop. But maybe the more subdued look is what you were after.

I do have a trigger but have to find it again.

Thoughts on the xt 30 for a beginner/enthusiasm person?

The X-T30 is the baby brother of the X-T3, just like the T20 was for the T2. On reviews the T30 is a cracking little camera, but not WR like the T3 or T2.

Brilliant.its for my mates missus who previously used a canon 500d I think it was.

They was looking at the canon mirrorless offerings but told them no as Fuji Is far better with loads of good glasses to choose from
For sure. Plenty of advice and help available here.

Brilliant.its for my mates missus who previously used a canon 500d I think it was.

They was looking at the canon mirrorless offerings but told them no as Fuji Is far better with loads of good glasses to choose from

It's a solid system, but can be pricier when you want to start hitting the nicer glass, [as Canon have a whole shed load of really good budget friendly EF lenses] but yup, for APSC Fuji over Canon all day every day

Last edited:
The X-T30 is the baby brother of the X-T3, just like the T20 was for the T2. On reviews the T30 is a cracking little camera, but not WR like the T3 or T2.
Although how much less able to resist the elements it is, is hard to say! I agree it's a great choice, but if in doubt, you can pick a used X-T20 for less, or an X-T10 for almost nothing, and both are also fine cameras.

Thoughts on the xt 30 for a beginner/enthusiasm person?
Xt20 is virtually as good, some reviews say better, I have an xt20, had an xt10 until it went bang, and the 20 is very good, so I wouldn't discount one if you can get it at a good price, new or 2nd hand.

Any recommendations on a mini flash for the X-T20 for indoor use? Nissin? Godox?
This is a shot of my XP2 with the Godox 350 onboard, it is a great piece of kit and much smaller and lighter than the V860ii or V1 I normally use on the T3 or H1.

Untitled by rick phillips, on Flickr

This is a shot of my XP2 with the Godox 350 onboard, it is a great piece of kit and much smaller and lighter than the V860ii or V1 I normally use on the T3 or H1.

Untitled by rick phillips, on Flickr

The TTL350F is well dinky but is very good, I also have the TTL685F.

Joined the Fuji gang this morning! Picked up an X-T2 body in the John Lewis sale, having been away from photography for about 3 years when I sold my Nikon gear.

Being a Fuji virgin, and having zero lenses at present, anything in the 24-140mm range to get me started? Any good third party alternatives worth considering? I’ve still got a couple of Nikon lenses lying around, are the adapters any good?

Thanks! I’ll now get to reading all 1300 pages of this thread.

Welcome aboard. I did the Nikon to Fuji jump as well. Didn’t have the three year gap though. :) Not much in the way of third party lenses atm. I wonder if Sigma etc will ever be let onboard?

Just picked up a used (VGC) XF18-55mm F2.8-4 from Park Cameras, to compliment the T2 I got this morning. Now the wait until it arrives begins! :D
Great combo, welcome aboard :) beware, the system is addictive. I sold all of mu Canon collection to downsize... I failed ;)

Welcome aboard. I did the Nikon to Fuji jump as well. Didn’t have the three year gap though. :) Not much in the way of third party lenses atm. I wonder if Sigma etc will ever be let onboard?

Thank you! I had been looking for a while, then the X-T2 appeared at John Lewis in their clearance sale - it was hard to pass up for £275! :D Having spent the afternoon Googlin' I've learned it's pretty much Fuji glass, or Fuji glass. Which is fine, was just used to having access to Tamron and Sigma, so was just wondering if Fuji was the same - matters not for now.

Great combo, welcome aboard :) beware, the system is addictive. I sold all of mu Canon collection to downsize... I failed ;)

Thank you - I do like how much smaller it is compared to my old D750... and I must resist the temptation to over do it - I did have a lot of redundant kit with the Nikon, so hopefully I've learned a lesson... I doubt it! ;)

Here's one I took a couple of days ago, sunrise didn't quite happen as i'd hoped but I did manage a few nice images.

X-Pro1 ; 10-24mm lens ; ISO200 ; f11 ; 25"

Lee Little Stopper ; Hitech .6 SE ND Grad

DSCF5399.jpg

Thank you! I had been looking for a while, then the X-T2 appeared at John Lewis in their clearance sale - it was hard to pass up for £275! :D Having spent the afternoon Googlin' I've learned it's pretty much Fuji glass, or Fuji glass. Which is fine, was just used to having access to Tamron and Sigma, so was just wondering if Fuji was the same - matters not for now.

Thank you - I do like how much smaller it is compared to my old D750... and I must resist the temptation to over do it - I did have a lot of redundant kit with the Nikon, so hopefully I've learned a lesson... I doubt it! ;)
Simple adapters with legacy lens(es) can work well with focus peaking. I have a few FD Canon lens (they have manual aperture rings) which I mount on xt20 to supplement Fuji glass.

Back