The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

So under Tools, Autorotate Displays is on. Then under the menu which you can access during playback, there is image rotate, but this pertains to and acts on only the image you are viewing.
Despite Autorotate Displays being on, it does not rotate - a malfunction?
Thanks though David for the EVF tip though, I haven't been doing that, and will try it.

if the menu is the same as other X cameras it should be in the wrench menu. Screen setup has Auto rotate that rotates the information prior to taking the image on the second page there is Autototate on PB which will rotate or not the images when reviewed
Thanks...both of those are set to on, yet no rotation...Malfunction?
Edit...Going to take it over to Cambrian Photography tomorrow to get them to show me how its done.

Last edited:
A dash to my favourite local, 'short-notice' location the other morning. I woke to a mist and fog warning on the Met Office app on my 'phone. I was dressed and out of the house in ten minutes as sunrise was about to happen. Just made it. :) Really nice to just sit around and watch the sun burn through the mist.

Lifting Winter Fog, Attingham Park
by Jason, on Flickr

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph, well composed, lovely light & atmoshere.

George.

Was expecting to see some picks from @addicknchips but looks like he has bought yet another Sony A7 model so anyone after a cheap x100f will be able to pick one up for £600 in the next day or so.

Got a new toy for my BD (Godox flash bracket with softbox), and figured I`d give it a go :)

T2 80mm f16 iso400
Just by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice still life/close up Fujigraph, liking this one very much.

George.

Ok...the Autorotate question...autorotate needs to be off, then the image will display in the orientation captured, filling the screen.
It did take Cambrian Photography a while to nail down this slightly counter-intuitive menu option.
And I went in with an X T-30, and came out with a minter second hand X T-3 and a lighter wallet.
Thanks to all for their advice.

Ok...the Autorotate question...autorotate needs to be off, then the image will display in the orientation captured, filling the screen.
It did take Cambrian Photography a while to nail down this slightly counter-intuitive menu option.
And I went in with an X T-30, and came out with a minter second hand X T-3 and a lighter wallet.
Thanks to all for their advice.

ha ha Sarah struck again??

This was a bit of a grab shot - was hurrying to elsewhere and had the 35mm on so had to do a hand-held pano. But it turned out quite nice, I think. And it will certainly print big!

Empire
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Ian beat me to it, but yes lovely colours indeed.

What a lovely building. Super colours.
Ian beat me to it, but yes lovely colours indeed.
As Ian says, great colours in this, and it's a cracking building too.

Thanks all! It is a nice building - called Folly Bridge House - and you can actually stay there if you visit Oxford.

There is an even more impressive building in front of it, which was built in the mid 1800s for the mathematician Joshua Cardwell (Google Streetview link) but its size makes it difficult to fit into a sensible composition!

https://goo.gl/maps/sMCgQrFQAUedD7Rm7

Ive got the Fittest one (Chinese eBay special), it’s ok, but to be honest I only put it on when I want to use a tripod, as it’s quite bulky and makes access to the front thumb wheel difficult

I'll have a look around. Camera grip feels a little slipper. I guess I could just keep the wrist strap attached for safety.

Back