The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I know I've been rather active lately, so apologies for yet another local landscape image.

This one was 30 files. 6 x portrait orientation images to form the pano, but they were all shot as 5 bracketed exposures. Lightroom did a great job of bringing all 30 files together.

Shot on a cold & frosty morning last week.

Sunrise over Mere by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Two very nice candid street style Fujigraphs, with some nice expressions & colour.

”I was going to high tail it to this myself, but having had two lots of major surgery last year I still have to be careful about catching something sinister particularly where lungs/breathing might be involved. I was particularly concerned about the possibility of the virus that’s in China at the moment and thinkin’ that it might just have ventured into the UK, so I decided not to attend”

George.
I must admit it did cross my mind George. But in your case, I think it was a wise decision not to attend. If not for coronavirus, the pure fact it’s so packed you can get any kind of cold or bug

Any idea when the XT-4 is going to be announced?
X100F is coming 4th of Feb, :D

I've joined team Fuji - now just to get some native lenses!! Love my X-H1 so far but not able to try out AF with my Nikon glass. The shutter is just gorgeous, and the camera just feels super responsive compared the D750.

DSCF0203 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

Last edited:
I have kept my Lee filters because I can then use them on multiple lenses. A lot of the Fuji lenses are all different size filter diameters, so buying rings is easy...
I've kept mine too, and still enjoy using them. Actually I have never had the front adapter for a polariser and considering this (but they are not a pretty penny!)

I've joined team Fuji - now just to get some native lenses!! Love my X-H1 so far but not able to try out AF with my Nikon glass. The shutter is just gorgeous, and the camera just feels super responsive compared the D750.

Welcome aboard! I moved to Fuji from a D750 and it was a lovely camera but I've never looked back. Using my Fuji stuff is not only lighter on my shoulder but puts a smile on my face :)

Welcome aboard! I moved to Fuji from a D750 and it was a lovely camera but I've never looked back. Using my Fuji stuff is not only lighter on my shoulder but puts a smile on my face :)

And that is what I find Fuji's are all about. I actually enjoy using the camera, and I'm taking more images now than I have for years.

DSCF0203 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

“Welcome”, that’s a positive “Result” in my book, “ENJOY“.

George.

I won't be getting sucked into an XT-4, it will probably be around £1800 which is dangerous territory for Fujifilm because Sony must be close to releasing an A74 around the £2k mark.

I wonder where it will leave the xh line.
Probably discontinued or Fuji might just put in the XT-4 internals in the bigger X-H body.
This will keep costs down and work positively from a manufacturing / scaling perspective.

Well, I'd prefer high performance in an XH-1 type body. Its more durable and comfortable to use for long periods of time.
I think Fuji will keep the X-H body..... let's see what the incoming X100V and XT-4 bring to the table. Will Fuji finally crack the Eye-AF / Tracking abilities like the Sony A6600 / A9 systems. :D

Wondered if any folk might know how I can sync my time to the second with other cameras? It seems Fuji clock is only hours and minutes.

I think Fuji will keep the X-H body..... let's see what the incoming X100V and XT-4 bring to the table. Will Fuji finally crack the Eye-AF / Tracking abilities like the Sony A6600 / A9 systems. :D

What I struggle with is fujis release timing. They realised the xh1 and very shortly afterwards the xt3 trumped it with sensor and af performance. This along with buggy firmware really drove a dagger into the H1 sales.

I think xt and xh lines should remain separated as both have benefits and many prefer one style over the other. Personally I think xh line should be treated as the flagship model with the more 'pro' specs.

What I struggle with is fujis release timing. They realised the xh1 and very shortly afterwards the xt3 trumped it with sensor and af performance. This along with buggy firmware really drove a dagger into the H1 sales.

I think xt and xh lines should remain separated as both have benefits and many prefer one style over the other. Personally I think xh line should be treated as the flagship model with the more 'pro' specs.

:agree:

The current X-H1 with Battery Grip + 2 Battery deal does seem pretty good value at £889.
I am sure Fuji will bring out a X-H2 later on this year with similar specifications to the XT-4 but perhaps something new to add to the mix......
In such a competitive and saturated market, only increasing the mega-pixel count and CPU number isn't going to last much longer, we need game changing features :D

I am also interested to see which way Fuji go with their X100V, will they give it the current XT-3 running gear, or match the XT-4 gubbins with the older 126s Battery. Mmmmmm

Last edited:
Out of interest, one of the big features for me with the T3 was bluetooth, as it works with the Fuji app much better. Does the H1 have the same connectivity features?

Out of interest, one of the big features for me with the T3 was bluetooth, as it works with the Fuji app much better. Does the H1 have the same connectivity features?
It looks like it.... more information here... https://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_h1/features/page_05.html

The FUJIFILM X-H1 can be paired up with a computer, tablet or smartphone via Bluetooth®** to maintain constant connectivity for automatic transfer of photographs as you shoot.

One thing I must say, the X-H1 is ergonomically great and I love the top LCD screen. :)

The current X-H1 with Battery Grip + 2 Battery deal does seem pretty good value at £889.
I am sure Fuji will bring out a X-H2 later on this year with similar specifications to the XT-4 but perhaps something new to add to the mix......
In such a competitive and saturated market, only increasing the mega-pixel count and CPU number isn't going to last much longer, we need game changing features :D

I am also interested to see which way Fuji go with their X100V, will they give it the current XT-3 running gear, or match the XT-4 gubbins with the older 126s Battery. Mmmmmm
Tempted to go back to the XH-1 from the XT-3 for the ergonomics and add the X100V if it's not stupidly expensive.

Back