The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'll have a look around. Camera grip feels a little slipper. I guess I could just keep the wrist strap attached for safety.

I normally use a wrist strap, just a simple paracord one. Mine has taken several hard knocks and still works fine (smashed base on pavement tripping over curb in Birmingham, half buried in mud at Corris, Wales, taking a very heavy hit when I fell recently in Snowdonia, all imapct was taken on lens hood in last one, which dented and crushed it!). They are tough little things.

SJwN4uvh.jpg

Mines a keepers so I'm not too bothered about long term cosmetic condition, though obviously I would prefer if it still looked nice, you on the other hand need to keep it pristine as it will be up for sale later next week !!!!

DSCF3806.jpg
I bought the 18-135 recently for a project that needed it's focal range and I needed to try it out, so I nipped up to Fleetwood yesterday morning to have a look at the abandoned fishing boats on the marsh. The light was crap and the mud was slippy, but it was a good opportunity to try the lens out. It seems sharp enough when stopped down and the stabilisation is excellent.

This was a bit of a grab shot - was hurrying to elsewhere and had the 35mm on so had to do a hand-held pano. But it turned out quite nice, I think. And it will certainly print big!

Empire
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Thats nice David I was told that Cardwell house was once used as a brothel not sure if thats true or not though.

I normally use a wrist strap, just a simple paracord one. Mine has taken several hard knocks and still works fine (smashed base on pavement tripping over curb in Birmingham, half buried in mud at Corris, Wales, taking a very heavy hit when I fell recently in Snowdonia, all imapct was taken on lens hood in last one, which dented and crushed it!). They are tough little things.

SJwN4uvh.jpg

Mines a keepers so I'm not too bothered about long term cosmetic condition, though obviously I would prefer if it still looked nice, you on the other hand need to keep it pristine as it will be up for sale later next week !!!!
You might as well get the sandpaper out and give it the vintage treatment. Kevin Mullins cameras look they’ve been to war.

Great shots, the 16 1.4 is a great lens.. you must have been close! :)

Someone came to view my H1 and 16 1.4 today, they were using Sony APSC [got to try out an A6400 ... wow that thing is teensy, like a compact almost!] but wanted to check out some Fuji. I offered them to come view the gear without any obligation to buy. They were impressed to say the least, not sure if he'll be back to buy but he was loving it. Firstly he was impressed by the build quality of the H1, expected it to not be so 'big' but was enjoying the grip. And then fell in love with the lens. And I mean this guy tested ... he was here near 2hrs, doing video mostly, but took a lot of shots in the garden too using his own memory card - went through all the cam profiles etc ... but for the most part was impressed by the 16 1.4, even though he owns a Sigma 16mm 1.4 for his Sony he was blown away a bit by how sharp the Fuji 16 is wide open and also that close focusing.

Someone came to view my H1 and 16 1.4 today, they were using Sony APSC [got to try out an A6400 ... wow that thing is teensy, like a compact almost!] but wanted to check out some Fuji. I offered them to come view the gear without any obligation to buy. They were impressed to say the least, not sure if he'll be back to buy but he was loving it. Firstly he was impressed by the build quality of the H1, expected it to not be so 'big' but was enjoying the grip. And then fell in love with the lens. And I mean this guy tested ... he was here near 2hrs, doing video mostly, but took a lot of shots in the garden too using his own memory card - went through all the cam profiles etc ... but for the most part was impressed by the 16 1.4, even though he owns a Sigma 16mm 1.4 for his Sony he was blown away a bit by how sharp the Fuji 16 is wide open and also that close focusing.
That is a great combo for sure, I also use it on the XP2 quite a bit.

Thats nice David I was told that Cardwell house was once used as a brothel not sure if thats true or not though.
Thanks Graham, and very interesting, I'd not heard that before. It might just be someone's fanciful explanation for the figures in niches on the walls, but if you find the source, do let me know!

View attachment 266904
I bought the 18-135 recently for a project that needed it's focal range and I needed to try it out, so I nipped up to Fleetwood yesterday morning to have a look at the abandoned fishing boats on the marsh. The light was crap and the mud was slippy, but it was a good opportunity to try the lens out. It seems sharp enough when stopped down and the stabilisation is excellent.
Love the composition and b&w on this.

Thanks Graham, and very interesting, I'd not heard that before. It might just be someone's fanciful explanation for the figures in niches on the walls, but if you find the source, do let me know!
I keep meaning to have a look and see if I can find any info, if I do I let you know but probably like you say of some old tale that got exgratted over the years.

Went for a trip to Kimmeridge today and a fleeting visit to Swanage.

Light was flat, it was cold, and misty in places, but that wasn't going to dent my enthusiasm....

Must be time for a big stopper & mono!!

Kimmeridge7 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Kimmeridge5 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Rest of the album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevejelly/albums/72157712832772961
Great shots Steve.
Is that the stream under the bridge and next to the steps down to the beach? That is my favourite shot of the 2, well taken

Great shots Steve.
Is that the stream under the bridge and next to the steps down to the beach? That is my favourite shot of the 2, well taken

Thank you Donna, and yes it is under the bridge. Managed to get there without getting my feet wet, but not so lucky making my way back :confused:

Having never been there before I now wonder why.....

This one is a bit further down towards the beach:

Kimmeridge3 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Lovely shot that,was it an nd filter you used on it.:)

A couple from today’s Chinese New Year parade in Chinatown. XT-3 and the16 1.4View attachment 266930View attachment 266931

Two very nice candid street style Fujigraphs, with some nice expressions & colour.

”I was going to high tail it to this myself, but having had two lots of major surgery last year I still have to be careful about catching something sinister particularly where lungs/breathing might be involved. I was particularly concerned about the possibility of the virus that’s in China at the moment and thinkin’ that it might just have ventured into the UK, so I decided not to attend”

George.

I used to have all the filters when i had my canon system but sold it all.

I also need to sell my filter system that I used on my Canon kit. When it’s gone I will use some of the proceeds to get a screw in ND filter for my kit lens. Not sure on 6 or 10 stops though.

I used to like my 10 stop.:)

I also need to sell my filter system that I used on my Canon kit. When it’s gone I will use some of the proceeds to get a screw in ND filter for my kit lens. Not sure on 6 or 10 stops though.

I have kept my Lee filters because I can then use them on multiple lenses. A lot of the Fuji lenses are all different size filter diameters, so buying rings is easy...

Are we sure @NickTB isn't going to spread a virus, I think he should be isolated, just to be sure.

Back