The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The code converts it to the full thing.
Check your spam folders.

I suspect that this is a 10 T error ;)
Not in my spam, I'll try again and see if it lets me download again with the same email.

Anyone used the 56 on latest xt3 fw? Apparently it's made af performance worse.
I've just tried the 56, I can't see it is inferior in any way. Mine is the non APD version if that matters.

Did you register it?
They send you a registration code which you need to input.
I did. I think possibly I just don't know my way around it like Photoshop, so I'll look at the online tutorials some more before moaning again.

Last edited:
Did you get the email from Skylum Team <team@skylum.com> that said...
Your complimentary Luminar 3 copy is here! ?
Which had the download link in it.
I did but no code, however I went back onto the site a put my details in again and Uve now got a code so all good (y)

Ok so I’ve been looking at the X-T3 and X-T30 and have a couple of questions.

1. Can you set up user settings that you can recall? I see there’s 7 custom settings but these are just for jpeg options and not shooting settings. I like to have a user setting for landscape (Base ISO, f8, aperture priority etc etc) and wildlife (Auto ISO, 1/1000 shutter, wide open aperture, manual mode etc etc) and possibly another setting.

2. When reviewing an image is there a quick way (ie single button press) to view the image at 1:1 at the AF point?

3. Is there a quick way/toggle to enable/disable BBF?

1. Can you set up user settings that you can recall? I see there’s 7 custom settings but these are just for jpeg options and not shooting settings. I like to have a user setting for landscape (Base ISO, f8, aperture priority etc etc) and wildlife (Auto ISO, 1/1000 shutter, wide open aperture, manual mode etc etc) and possibly another setting.

2. When reviewing an image is there a quick way (ie single button press) to view the image at 1:1 at the AF point?

Omg, you are genuinely going to waste more money. BUY THE CAMERA YOU KNOW YOU WILL END UP WITH BUD. RIV.

1 is Yes
2 Dont know
3 Dont know as stopped using BBF.

Also X-T3 is WR and X-T30 is Not WR.

Last edited:

2. I got mine set up to zoom in when you press the rear command dial I'm presuming its zoom to 100%. But doing forget to get 100% you got to be shooting either raw & jpeg or jpeg.

3. Sort of don't think there is an actual way to set it to a button press but you can set one of the buttons to af-on then if you switch the focus dial to manual the button you have assigned will auto focus while the shutter button doesn't. So it's a matter of switching the focus dial to manual to bbf.

Last edited:
Omg, you are genuinely going to waste more money. BUY THE CAMERA YOU KNOW YOU WILL END UP WITH BUD. RIV.
Haha, I know I'm terrible. OK so here's why.

1. You say buy the camera you know you will end up with, well as you know that camera doesn't exist. Also, my wants needs change over time. In terms of the final image I prefer FF for a number fo things (mainly due to DOF and '3D' but I get tired of the weight and bulk (even the mirrorless FF) and as a result it sometimes puts me off taking it, and I think in part this is why I"ve lost my mojo, I like the 'idea' of it but the reality is a chore. Even my EM1-II with 12-40mm can be a nuisance at times, hence why I've looked at 1" compacts and smaller/light mirrorless alternatives (eg X-T30 with 15-45mm PZ and Olympus EM10-II with 14-42mm EZ).

2. I genuinely like playing with gear and trying other things out, learning how they all work etc etc. I don't have kids etc so can afford (within reason) to do this from time to time.

I'm under no illusion that it will help my photography, or will be the holy grail (y)
2. I got mine set up to zoom in when you press the rear command dial I'm presuming its zoom to 100%. But doing forget to get 100% you got to be shooting either raw & jpeg or jpeg.

3. Sort of don't think there is an actual way to set it to a button press but you can set one of the buttons to af-on then if you switch the focus dial to manual the button you have assigned will auto focus while the shutter button doesn't. So it's a matter of switching the focus dial to manual to bbf.
So you can't view 1:1 if shooting RAW only? With regards to BBF that's a quick way of switching to BBF, I don't use AF-ON for anything else so if this is permanently set to AF is fine.. However, if you can save user settings and can switch between them this would also be a way of quickly changing to BBF.

So you can't view 1:1 if shooting RAW only? With regards to BBF that's a quick way of switching to BBF, I don't use AF-ON for anything else so if this is permanently set to AF is fine.. However, if you can save user settings and can switch between them this would also be a way of quickly changing to BBF.

Im pretty sure no you can't hopefully someone will be only shortly to correct me its one of my biggest hates with the Fuji. If I know im shooting something I want to check focus at 100% end up shooting jpeg and raw. I think its 50% when shooting RAW.
Cant help with the user settings im afraid

Haha, I know I'm terrible. OK so here's why.

1. You say buy the camera you know you will end up with, well as you know that camera doesn't exist. Also, my wants needs change over time. In terms of the final image I prefer FF for a number fo things (mainly due to DOF and '3D' but I get tired of the weight and bulk (even the mirrorless FF) and as a result it sometimes puts me off taking it, and I think in part this is why I"ve lost my mojo, I like the 'idea' of it but the reality is a chore. Even my EM1-II with 12-40mm can be a nuisance at times, hence why I've looked at 1" compacts and smaller/light mirrorless alternatives (eg X-T30 with 15-45mm PZ and Olympus EM10-II with 14-42mm EZ).

2. I genuinely like playing with gear and trying other things out, learning how they all work etc etc. I don't have kids etc so can afford (within reason) to do this from time to time.

I'm under no illusion that it will help my photography, or will be the holy grail (y)

Toby, your problem isn't gear, it is your photography mojo, you are 'pretending' that your current gear is stopping you from going out and taking photos. No matter what you say you are picky, and this leads you to bigger (more expensive glass) and therefore weight. You really do need to evaluate what you want from your photography. Personally instead of buying a new camera I'd invest in a decent printer, perhaps a Canon pro-1000 and start printing some of your work, this IMO will cure you of camera pickyness and possibly GAS.

Toby, your problem isn't gear, it is your photography mojo, you are 'pretending' that your current gear is stopping you from going out and taking photos. No matter what you say you are picky, and this leads you to bigger (more expensive glass) and therefore weight. You really do need to evaluate what you want from your photography. Personally instead of buying a new camera I'd invest in a decent printer, perhaps a Canon pro-1000 and start printing some of your work, this IMO will cure you of camera pickyness and possibly GAS.
I think maybe you’ve misinterpreted some of what I’ve been saying tbh. I’m aware my photography mojo has gone and buying gear will not help with this, I’m not looking at buying gear to try and get my mojo back and/or make me go out and take photos. That will happen as and when. I just enjoy playing with new toys ;)

What you are right about is how picky I am, a trait I wish I could get rid of. It is exactly this that is causing ‘issues’ with my gear. As with everyone else I either have to accept the weight or accept a loss of IQ. I wish I could just accept the latter but then I look at images from my 70-200mm f2.8 and can’t bear to part with it. It’s not the sharpness but the overall look/rendering. Obviously there is no solution to this ;)

For the record I do have a pixma pro printer (y)

Can I suggest that you print more and pixel peep less
This is one thing I don’t understand, none of what I have said has anything to do with pixel peeping. I am not concerned with absolute sharpness etc, but what I like are the aesthetic qualities of an image which are seen at normal viewing sizes and not 1:1 (y)

So helped Mum today then swapped over cameras leaving the X-E3 & 18mm at Mums then went out with the X-T3 + XF50mm f2 that is now here with me. As I wanted to get my technique shot for my 52 which is Silhouette.

Lamp Silhouette by Dave, on Flickr

I think maybe you’ve misinterpreted some of what I’ve been saying tbh. I’m aware my photography mojo has gone and buying gear will not help with this, I’m not looking at buying gear to try and get my mojo back and/or make me go out and take photos. That will happen as and when. I just enjoy playing with new toys ;)

What you are right about is how picky I am, a trait I wish I could get rid of. It is exactly this that is causing ‘issues’ with my gear. As with everyone else I either have to accept the weight or accept a loss of IQ. I wish I could just accept the latter but then I look at images from my 70-200mm f2.8 and can’t bear to part with it. It’s not the sharpness but the overall look/rendering. Obviously there is no solution to this ;)

For the record I do have a pixma pro printer (y)

Easy fix, use primes.

Easy fix, use primes.
Yeah, something else I’ve toyed with (y). Part of the fun is playing with ideas ;)

It’s been a loooooong time since I’ve used a single focal length for general walkabout/days out/travel, it’s a difficult transition moving away from the comfort of a zoom :runaway:

So helped Mum today then swapped over cameras leaving the X-E3 & 18mm at Mums then went out with the X-T3 + XF50mm f2 that is now here with me. As I wanted to get my technique shot for my 52 which is Silhouette.

Lamp Silhouette by Dave, on Flickr

Very nice silhouette type Fujigraph, works well for me and particularly liking the sun sparkle at the top.

George.

Nope, you were suggesting @snerkler went with primes to help with his lost mojo (even if it was in jest), hence my jape about GAS and the smiley.

No, I was suggesting he goes with primes if he can't handle the weight of a fast zoom, which is a decent suggestion.

No, I was suggesting he goes with primes if he can't handle the weight of a fast zoom, which is a decent suggestion.
Ah, my bad, I was reading it as referring to
It’s not the sharpness but the overall look/rendering. Obviously there is no solution to this
Just goes to show how the written word can so easily be misinterpreted.

Yeah, something else I’ve toyed with (y). Part of the fun is playing with ideas ;)

It’s been a loooooong time since I’ve used a single focal length for general walkabout/days out/travel, it’s a difficult transition moving away from the comfort of a zoom :runaway:

The only lens I have right now is the 16mm 1.4, something I have never done [stick to one wide prime] - but it's been enjoyable. I find this lens so versatile, it helps that it can focus right in close, as that suits my style. Any other time I've only held one lens it was either a 35mm [APSC] or 50mm [FF] - it can be refreshing to try something different. Unfortunately my 'mojo' still went AWOL [nothing to do with the gear] hasn't returned just yet .... still waiting. I don't think a new lens will cut it though. I did buy the 50F2 to compliment the 16 but ended up selling it on as I found I just much preferred using the 16 in almost every situation, which is weird for me.

The only lens I have right now is the 16mm 1.4, something I have never done [stick to one wide prime] - but it's been enjoyable. I find this lens so versatile, it helps that it can focus right in close, as that suits my style. Any other time I've only held one lens it was either a 35mm [APSC] or 50mm [FF] - it can be refreshing to try something different. Unfortunately my 'mojo' still went AWOL [nothing to do with the gear] hasn't returned just yet .... still waiting. I don't think a new lens will cut it though. I did buy the 50F2 to compliment the 16 but ended up selling it on as I found I just much preferred using the 16 in almost every situation, which is weird for me.

That 16 f1.4 is so versatile though.... It's close up attributes are wonderful, and it's as sharp at f8 as it is at f1.4. I really, really regret letting mine go.

That 16 f1.4 is so versatile though.... It's close up attributes are wonderful, and it's as sharp at f8 as it is at f1.4. I really, really regret letting mine go.

Yeah, it's the main reason I'm not sad that my gear [have had it up for sale on here and locally] hasn't sold. It is a joy to use the 16mm, once you're in the right humour of course. I think I just get this lull in enthusiasm at least once a year, it'll pass. And if I do stick with Fuji the 16 won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Does anybody use the SpiderLite Holster with their camera? Looking for a bit of advice regarding the maximum width of belt the plate fits onto.

Still a lot to learn - not got my head round how Auto ISO works yet - seems different to Nikon unless I have the wrong dial positions. Need to get back to my manual.

Anyway, here's one taken of some candles on Thursday.

DSCF0392
by Gilbo B, on Flickr

Last edited:
Im pretty sure no you can't hopefully someone will be only shortly to correct me its one of my biggest hates with the Fuji. If I know im shooting something I want to check focus at 100% end up shooting jpeg and raw. I think its 50% when shooting RAW.
Cant help with the user settings im afraid
Graham has it correct. You can only check focus completely reliably if you shoot RAW+FINE. But I never import the JPGs into LR any more, just sort by file type on Import and only select the RAW files for import. So they only take space on the card, and 64GB cards are pretty cheap these days. Alternatively you can use two cards all the time and set the camera to put RAWs on one and JPGs on the other. Personally I can't be bothered.

Back