The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just confirmed on Fuji X Summit, 26th Feb for the details
clear.png
X-T4 :banana:

So the new X100 is only weather resistant if you spend another £99 on a weather-resistant kit ?

So the new X100 is only weather resistant if you spend another £99 on a weather-resistant kit ?

NO

For the first time, the X100V offers a tilting LCD screen that sits flush against the back of the camera, keeping the back flat. Fujifilm has also revamped the the camera’s grip and given the X100V new weather sealing, which it says has been achieved without having to make the camera bigger.

X100V, as good as it seems, is way over priced. I don't know how anyone can think £1299 is a good deal on a fixed lens compact. And I do say this as someone who paid not much less on the X100s a few years back. Just considering what you can get for that money now, it seems well over

NO

For the first time, the X100V offers a tilting LCD screen that sits flush against the back of the camera, keeping the back flat. Fujifilm has also revamped the the camera’s grip and given the X100V new weather sealing, which it says has been achieved without having to make the camera bigger.

Errr YES

Fuji has also added weather resistance, but with a caveat: the feature is only available when you purchase and attach the (optional) AR-X100 adapter ring and the PRF-49 protection filter.

X100V, as good as it seems, is way over priced. I don't know how anyone can think £1299 is a good deal on a fixed lens compact. And I do say this as someone who paid not much less on the X100s a few years back. Just considering what you can get for that money now, it seems well over

I wont be getting one, as well chuffed with what I have.

Errr YES

Fuji has also added weather resistance, but with a caveat: the feature is only available when you purchase and attach the (optional) AR-X100 adapter ring and the PRF-49 protection filter.

Correct. Some retailers offering the adapter at half price with a pre order.

For those who want a small, fixed lens camera (quite a few people going by the x100 series popularity) it will appeal.
The lens improvement should appease many also.

I think it is but isn't, an xt3 launched at I'm guessing around 1,500 body only. People who really want to only use 35mm will see it as a decent price, much cheaper than an xt3 or xpro 3 and 23mm f2 at launch was.

I'm assuming the usual 3rd party lens adapter thing should still fit and negate the need for buying the official one.

For those who want a small, fixed lens camera (quite a few people going by the x100 series popularity) it will appeal.
The lens improvement should appease many also.

I get that, like I say I bought the X100s [not long after release in fact] but I got bored of it fast. Things have improved, and the V does look nice, for £800 maybe. I also get it, the lens has been updated - about time! otherwise, no big Wowee from me.

I think it is but isn't, an xt3 launched at I'm guessing around 1,500 body only. People who really want to only use 35mm will see it as a decent price, much cheaper than an xt3 or xpro 3 and 23mm f2 at launch was.

The X100 never drop in price as quick as the XT or any other Fuji series for that matter. Or at least it seems that way, they stay pretty high in price for a while. I'd take an XT3 + 23F2 for he money any day over the V - though the new lens does look sweet.

Still processing last years pictures! As most of you probably know by now, I'm not remotely a bird tog, but when they wander into my landscapes and start posing for the camera, who am I to argue?:D

Low light meant shooting at f/2.8 so shallow DoF, but fortunately the X-T2 seems to have nailed focus despite the gloomy conditions. I suppose swans are pretty contrasty, now I think about it :)

Poise
by David Hallett, on Flickr

I really don't care for a little adaptor + UV filter to make it weather sealed. My old 16-35L had the same thing, this isn't new.

Put a UV filter on and forget it.

I don't get why anyone looking to a camera like this is concerned about WR anyway. It's a compact for trael, light weight out-and-about goodness sure, but for heading out in the p***es of rain? I don't see many looking to a camera like this for that

I don't get why anyone looking to a camera like this is concerned about WR anyway. It's a compact for trael, light weight out-and-about goodness sure, but for heading out in the p***es of rain? I don't see many looking to a camera like this for that

Street photography. Wet streets look cool.
personally I'm not kern on getting wet though.

Street photography. Wet streets look cool.
personally I'm not kern on getting wet though.

Shot many a time in the rain with non WR gear. I think it really only matters in serious downpours, and then I'll be in somewhere warm and not taking photos that's for sure. Maybe I'm just getting ould

Unless you’re a fan of the rangefinder type camera I’m not sure why you’d choose the X100V over the X-T30 with 23mm f2?

Talking of the 23mm f2, if they can make it so small for the X100’s why is the interchangeable version so much bigger?

It's cheeky. Although I reckon @Riz_Guru is probably on the phone to his local dealer trying to get it bundled in for free.

Haha doubtful, I only managed good deals on Sony stuff in the past as they have massive margins on them. For example when the Sony A7R II were £2499, I managed to get them for £1999 each but this had to be sanctioned by Sony themselves.

Course he is, his local will be rubbing their hands together waiting to buy that Sony gear back they sold to him.

Yep, however if I sold my gear used, I’d only be looking at a £200-300 difference excluding costs & time involved selling privately.

Am I going to get the X100V, not sure yet.
Going to try one out and then decide, however Fuji using the same AF motor isn’t a great start, it might be ok but for £1299 it needed to be a bit better than the X100F.

The image quality is definitely a step up looking at DPReview’s test gallery. SHARP. :D

Yep, however if I sold my gear used, I’d only be looking at a £200-300 difference excluding costs & time involved selling privately.

Am I going to get the X100V, not sure yet.
Going to try one out and then decide, however Fuji using the same AF motor isn’t a great start, it might be ok but for £1299 it needed to be a bit better than the X100F.

The image quality is definitely a step up looking at DPReview’s test gallery. SHARP. :D

What's the difference between what you paid for it all and what you have been offered?

X-Pro1 or X-E2? I'm keen to try a rangefinder-style camera with dials, which leads me to Fujifilm, and as I always buy used, I'm looking at these two cameras. Seems that about £200-250 gets either of these. (Whereas the X100S/T seem to retain their value for longer.)

The primary difference seems to be the hybrid viewfinder. Are there any issues for someone who has to wear +2 reading specs? I think I read that the X-Pro1 requires a screw-in diopter, but that's no deal-breaker for me.

Anyone had both and got any advice?

What's the difference between what you paid for it all and what you have been offered?

A lot, however that’s the downside when trying to sell anything in the tech / photographic segment.
Off the top of my head I’d say I’ve lost somewhere between £2-4k in total if I got rid of my remaining gear, which is a lot less than what it would have been if I had paid RRP prices like most :(
I’ve still got my Sony gear with the lenses (focal lengths) which I’m using the most.
Going down the X100V route would free up another £1.5-2k into the bank perhaps mmm.

A lot, however that’s the downside when trying to sell anything in the tech / photographic segment.
Off the top of my head I’d say I’ve lost somewhere between £2-4k in total if I got rid of my remaining gear, which is a lot less than what it would have been if I had paid RRP prices like most :(
I’ve still got my Sony gear with the lenses (focal lengths) which I’m using the most.
Going down the X100V route would free up another £1.5-2k into the bank perhaps mmm.

I lost about 40%-50% i think from my Canon gear when i sold it. Some items more than others.

The thing is, i know you said selling would means you will lose £2-4k. But holding onto it means it will continue to drop, especially the body. Unless the pound takes a sudden dive. I've got rid of all but 1 Canon lens and chuck the money in ISA.

Split the difference, £3k loss on a camera and lenses thats taken, Im guessing, less than 10K shots. o_O

Do you think you will use the Fuji more than the Sony?

Last edited:
I lost about 40%-50% i think from my Canon gear when i sold it. Some items more than others.

The thing is, i know you said selling would means you will lose £2-4k. But holding onto it means it will continue to drop, especially the body. Unless the pound takes a sudden dive. I've got rid of all but 1 Canon lens and chuck the money in ISA.

The A9 has taken its biggest hit, its not going to devalue fast because theres nothing else like it on the market except the A9ii, and its exceptional VFM. Which means it will hold its value, unlike another new APSC camera at launch RRP,

Last edited:
Back