The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Think you will love it. I nearly got the 18-55mm but stopped myself but not another camera though :D
This virus is bad on my pocket..lol

Hope so. Only ever used the 18-55mm when it first came out with the X-Pro1 and hated it :eek: Mind you, I have always been more of a prime user than zooms, so I was probably a bit disingenuous towards it in fairness.

Just need to work to pick up now so I can save for the 50-140mm!

Hope so. Only ever used the 18-55mm when it first came out with the X-Pro1 and hated it :eek: Mind you, I have always been more of a prime user than zooms, so I was probably a bit disingenuous towards it in fairness.

Just need to work to pick up now so I can save for the 50-140mm!

Use to have the 50-140mm and what a great lens too, but now I only want Primes for me plus most of my cameras are at my Mums so had to try the X-T30 then I got enough here with me now :D

On another note. If anyone has any suggestions, for the challenge, just shout it up on the flickr page. I`ve added a couple to the list already (y)

On illness, I think the general public are forgetting that we can get sick from a million other things, cold, flu, other viruses didn't die because corona moved in. So fingers crossed that's all it is for you, my partner for example was in quarantine long before all of this. She suffers with a long term illness, now we have to be extra careful obviously, I also just recovered from a bad cold, I knew that's all it was because no cough or temp, just a mild headache and sneezing attacks [had to explain to anyone around me, from distance, that it was just that]
It's the start of my Hay Fever season (tree pollen), so sneezing and rubbing of eyes. Not good...

It's the start of my Hay Fever season (tree pollen), so sneezing and rubbing of eyes. Not good...

I have that too, and it really sucks. Mowed the lawn here for the first time this year the other day and my eyes puffed up and got red raw for hours after

I have that too, and it really sucks. Mowed the lawn here for the first time this year the other day and my eyes puffed up and got red raw for hours after
Grass is fine for me, it's trees (which I have no control over). So it;s only early in the year. Of course currently each time you sneeze you get sideways looks.
Still, staying in and only going to the shops when absolutely necessary ('cos delivery is, well, non existent).

I just got a message last night that we're to stay home from work until further notice. It's a tricky one for me as I'm only part time and have to fill in time sheets for my hours each week, where the rest are pretty much on a set wage. The manager is trying to source me some work I can do from home. Otherwise I'm back on the dole for now.

On illness, I think the general public are forgetting that we can get sick from a million other things, cold, flu, other viruses didn't die because corona moved in. So fingers crossed that's all it is for you, my partner for example was in quarantine long before all of this. She suffers with a long term illness, now we have to be extra careful obviously, I also just recovered from a bad cold, I knew that's all it was because no cough or temp, just a mild headache and sneezing attacks [had to explain to anyone around me, from distance, that it was just that]

I hope that things work out for you, this is an absolutely terrible time, and is affecting many people in completely different ways. :( We are just spending 90% of our time planning to stay open, or if not there will be 140 people, plus hundreds more collaterally put out of work. The Job Retention Scheme will only provide a stop gap, as there will be no business to reopen as work will go elsewhere, that is already crystal clear.

We haven't had any cases and we are being extremely strict on the guidance being applied. The bottom line is, we all know that life s the most important thing, but like it or not, it all needs paying for, and if businesses do not survive the money tree will quickly stop allowing life to continue for many. Lets hope we all see this through in good health, both physical and mental..

I've had the snivvels for a couple of weeks but no high temp, been checking twice a day. And even those have cleared up now...

Grass is fine for me, it's trees (which I have no control over). So it;s only early in the year. Of course currently each time you sneeze you get sideways looks.
Still, staying in and only going to the shops when absolutely necessary ('cos delivery is, well, non existent).

It's a mixture for me, grass, trees, flowers, plants of all kinds - it just seems to ignite when I cut grass, stirs the pollen in the air up - I found myself having to explain to anyone I met why my eyes were red and puffed up

I hope that things work out for you, this is an absolutely terrible time, and is affecting many people in completely different ways. :( We are just spending 90% of our time planning to stay open, or if not there will be 140 people, plus hundreds more collaterally put out of work. The Job Retention Scheme will only provide a stop gap, as there will be no business to reopen as work will go elsewhere, that is already crystal clear.

We haven't had any cases and we are being extremely strict on the guidance being applied. The bottom line is, we all know that life s the most important thing, but like it or not, it all needs paying for, and if businesses do not survive the money tree will quickly stop allowing life to continue for many. Lets hope we all see this through in good health, both physical and mental..

I work in social care, it's a day centre and all service users have been in lockdown [whether with family or their social care residence] for 2 weeks now. I've been lucky in that my employers are trying to keep us active, with paper work, training, setting us up as an out-reach call centre basically to keep supporting our clients etc ... but as I'm only temp to begin with, I would be the first to go if this continues. I must be alright at my job though as the manager is desperately trying to find me work that I can do from home but I think that will run out fast. I know there's much worse off, people losing their jobs point blank, every other person I talk to tells me they just lost their job - I feel for them, but we have to look after those closest to us. I was struggling pretty bad before I got this part time position, it's helped me clear bills and even managed to treat the kids to days out here and there, but if I lose it, won't be long until I'm back where I started.

In a round-about way this situation has revived my love for photography though, it's helping keep me sane when I am cooked up in the house, and for now just even getting out for an hour while the weather is improving to get some photo time in is good therapy. If things worsen, well, be thankful if you have a garden :)

I've had the snivvels for a couple of weeks but no high temp, been checking twice a day. And even those have cleared up now...

In the earlier days of all of this the advice was that if you are sneezing then it's not Covid, or at least it's not a direct symptom. Of course, this evolved, as people who did have it also may have had other colds or flu alongside, and then of course when they sneeze they can spread it. I think the high temp is the main symptom to be concerned about atm

Funny you mention cutting the grass as it's the only thing that gets to me regards hay fever. Never had it at all until I was 16, fishing by the side of a lake, they cut the grass and I was well & truly done for. Never had it that bad since, but I guarantee, mowing the lawn will get me sneezing....

Funny you mention cutting the grass as it's the only thing that gets to me regards hay fever. Never had it at all until I was 16, fishing by the side of a lake, they cut the grass and I was well & truly done for. Never had it that bad since, but I guarantee, mowing the lawn will get me sneezing....

I think it stirs up the pollen from other surrounding plants, you're mowing down all kinds of weeds and plants along with the grass, dandelions, daisies etc - I did have a soloution for a bit, get the kids to do it! but it didn't work out, I'd be watching over them and get irritated they weren't doing it properly :D so I'd grab the mower and say 'this is how you do it' and before I knew it was finished lol

Sorry to like the post, Tim - another sufferer here! Picked up a cold on the way home from holiday in September and the post cold cough is still lurking. Tends to be a productive cough and just one cough at a time so not worried.

Stay safe and Dave, hide the credit card before you need another scratchy win!!!

Sorry to like the post, Tim - another sufferer here! Picked up a cold on the way home from holiday in September and the post cold cough is still lurking. Tends to be a productive cough and just one cough at a time so not worried.

Stay safe and Dave, hide the credit card before you need another scratchy win!!!

The last camera I will get will be the X-T4, so the dinky T30 will be fun.

Let it be known Here and Now, if and IF I get through this virus I WILL GIVE FREE OF CHARGE one of my X cameras (y) The lucky person will get my Xpro2 FREE.

I totally missed that post lol I did wonder where it all started ;)

During my present lock-down stuff at the minute, thought I'd grab the X-Pro1 with XF56 and attach the Fuji MCEX-11 extension tube and head out to rear garden and practice on flowers.

Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung by APM Photography, on Flickr

iso 2000 - @ f/5.6 - 1/500 sec

mac

It feels like summer out there today, really nice and sunny, pity about the timing - I grabbed a couple shots of a lady bird and a butterfly earlier in the front garden, hopefully I nabbed a couple keepers. Will try the back yard after lunch

It feels like summer out there today, really nice and sunny, pity about the timing - I grabbed a couple shots of a lady bird and a butterfly earlier in the front garden, hopefully I nabbed a couple keepers. Will try the back yard after lunch

Same here too, like a summers day but with a little breeze. I have to go down some stairs to get to the little garden here which is nice as know one else goes down to it.

Same here too, like a summers day but with a little breeze. I have to go down some stairs to get to the little garden here which is nice as know one else goes down to it.

For whatever reason I tend to find more subjects out front than I do out back, we don't have any flowers really, just some wild ones that grow along the hedge and we have a couple small trees. Out back theres a lot more plants, bigger trees and a lot of ivy and a larger hedge, but sometimes it's impossible to find anything but the odd spider or fly. Just had a check out there, found one little leaf eating bug, no flash so it was tricky but I think I got at least one keeper.

Well that`s me scuppered. Wife has a temp, and would have been my last day of work, before going onto the 80% shizz. Arghhhhhh !

Let's hope its only a blip on the horizon Mate, wishing your wife & your goodself all the very best.

George.

Let's hope its only a blip on the horizon Mate, wishing your wife & your goodself all the very best.

George.

Thanks, Groege (y)
Stay safe, mate.

Last edited:
EDIT , Found it, not scrolling down !!! can see it now

Hello, just got a X-T30, how do i get the fast fps on it?its on CH, ive changed to ES gone into drive settings, but no option for 20, 30fps? etc.

Firmware 1.10

Thanks

Last edited:
Very nice close up type Fujigraph, and works well in mono.

George.

Thank you, George :)
PP was Acros and a little bit od tweaking ;)

Back