The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Fingers crossed for her (and you), Paul.

I’m seriously conflicted. I recently purchased a dura silver X-pro 3. It’s a lovely piece of engineering and a gorgeous camera, but for some reason I’m not gelling with it. I’ve only had it out on 3 occasions but I’m struggling to love it. Whereas my X-Pro 2 is like an old comfortable pair of shoes. I love shooting with it. It just feels right. Not sure what I’ll do with it. If we ever get back to normality I’ll try some street with it, but I feel I’ll be moving it on.

Cheers, first couple I've actually seen this year - 2 different ladybirds, one was in the hedge the other was out the open on a red leaf - friendly little things too

DSCF8003 by K G, on Flickr

Very nice close up/macro Fujigraph, well composed with good colour & fine detail.

George.

I’m seriously conflicted. I recently purchased a dura silver X-pro 3. It’s a lovely piece of engineering and a gorgeous camera, but for some reason I’m not gelling with it. I’ve only had it out on 3 occasions but I’m struggling to love it. Whereas my X-Pro 2 is like an old comfortable pair of shoes. I love shooting with it. It just feels right. Not sure what I’ll do with it. If we ever get back to normality I’ll try some street with it, but I feel I’ll be moving it on.

Is it because of the rear LCD being hidden? Mmmm :)

Nothing to be excited about for xt3 users, it's only a fix of minor bugs. I will probably wait an update in few weeks as I can't see anything wrong with mine.

good women are hard to find...

And BAD women are GOOD to find... ;)

Keith (@Cagey75), liking the macro shots a lot. Might have to seek out one of those Laowas after the duration. I see you use the Nikon mount 100mm with a converter, mainly for the aperture ring or is there another reason? And, how does the 100 compare with the 65 (?) (which I understand comes in native Fuji fit)?

And BAD women are GOOD to find... ;)

Keith (@Cagey75), liking the macro shots a lot. Might have to seek out one of those Laowas after the duration. I see you use the Nikon mount 100mm with a converter, mainly for the aperture ring or is there another reason? And, how does the 100 compare with the 65 (?) (which I understand comes in native Fuji fit)?

Yeah the Nikon version is the best to mount on fuji, the Canon version has some cpu feedback for their cameras so they get the aperture and lens model exif data, but no aperture ring, the Sony version wouldn't work at all as it has a built on adapter to fit the E mount already. The 65mm is native fuji mount, it is what I might have preferred but was more expensive, I got a good deal on the 100. I say might have as the more I use and get used to the 100 the more I really like it. Bit hefty but if you've ever used a 200mm prime or a 70-200 it's no worse than holding those

Yeah the Nikon version is the best to mount on fuji, the Canon version has some cpu feedback for their cameras so they get the aperture and lens model exif data, but no aperture ring, the Sony version wouldn't work at all as it has a built on adapter to fit the E mount already. The 65mm is native fuji mount, it is what I might have preferred but was more expensive, I got a good deal on the 100. I say might have as the more I use and get used to the 100 the more I really like it. Bit hefty but if you've ever used a 200mm prime or a 70-200 it's no worse than holding those

Thanks for the reply. Still a bit unsure as to what to go for. I did have the 60mm Macro for a while but its AF was slow and unreliable so I chopped it in against (IIRC) the 18-135. 65mm native v. 10mm and Nikon F mount adaptor... I have a fair number of F mount lenses, most with aperture rings so quite an attractive option, especially having seen the results. Of course, there's also the split the difference option but at a grand for new or £700+ for 2nd hand, the Fuji 80mm ain't cheap! I'll have to see what's available "after" (in terms of available cash and available lenses!)

Not sure of everybody knows, but if you have bought your camera from the "Stores Nearby" and have registered via the fujifilm-connect site, you get 24 months warranty instead of the usual 12 months. Great! :D

• Fujifilm X100V
  • ƒ/2.0
  • 33.0 mm
  • 1/125
  • Flash (off, did not fire)
49658395018_9b80a67f28_c.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Still a bit unsure as to what to go for. I did have the 60mm Macro for a while but its AF was slow and unreliable so I chopped it in against (IIRC) the 18-135. 65mm native v. 10mm and Nikon F mount adaptor... I have a fair number of F mount lenses, most with aperture rings so quite an attractive option, especially having seen the results. Of course, there's also the split the difference option but at a grand for new or £700+ for 2nd hand, the Fuji 80mm ain't cheap! I'll have to see what's available "after" (in terms of available cash and available lenses!)

For me MF is all I ever use when shooting anything above 1:2 magnification, AF is just not reliable enough beyond that point - certainly not beyond 1:1. I would love that 80mm, but even then I'd use manual focus for close ups. It would be nice to have AF for other types of shooting, but I've only been shooting static or very slow moving subjects so far with the Laowa [I have the 35 1.4 for most all else] and haven't had any trouble, bar the odd OOF shot. Optically the Laowa might even be better than the 80mm, even at 2.8 it's hard to find flaws. Barely any noticeable vignetting, no distortion that I can see and CA is non existent - very impressive in terms of IQ overall. You just need to be prepared for a bit of frustration when shooting at infinity, as the focus throw is minuscule in that region, a bar touch of the focus ring can throw it off - as it is highly optimized for macro - there you have a lot more play

Mines from Wex.
Might be worth checking...

https://fujifilm-connect.com/en/register_products.php

REGISTER YOUR PRODUCT
The FUJIFILM standard warranty for United Kingdom is valid for 12* months from the date of purchase. Please upload your receipt as proof of purchase when registering a product. We recommend that you also retain your original receipt as you will need to present this in the event of a claim. Read our warranty conditions here

*Purchases made from an approved Fujifilm retailer listed under 'Stores Nearby' have a 24 month warranty.
https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/shop/

Gobe Filters - anyone tried them?

Thinking I want to pick up a better quality CPL than I usually use and these seem to have quite a good reputation.

Back