The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

We had a delivery today too...

DSC00294.jpg

SHOULD have used a Fuji to snap them but the Sony's sitting beside me!

Mrs Nod got an e-mail from a local bakery who have had to close for the duration but who had a load of perishable ingredients to use up so they were making a last couple of batches and selling them to good customers at a decent price. Going to take me HOURS to finish that lot off!

We had a delivery today too...

View attachment 273137

SHOULD have used a Fuji to snap them but the Sony's sitting beside me!

Mrs Nod got an e-mail from a local bakery who have had to close for the duration but who had a load of perishable ingredients to use up so they were making a last couple of batches and selling them to good customers at a decent price. Going to take me HOURS to finish that lot off!

My delivery was from Tesco :cool:

It's a slippery slope! The 10-24 and the 100-400 will go nicely with the 18-55, although the 18-135 is pretty damn good and fills that 55-100 gap nicely... :p

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fuji.

Thank you. An UWA is probably where I'll end up next. I used to use a Tokina 12-28 which I loved, so...
But I am going to try get some good mileage out of the kit lens first though!

It's not really fair to lump the Fuji 18-55 in with other "kit" lenses - it's probably the best around. The only reason mine's semi redundant is that I have the 18-135 which isn't quite as good when pixel peeping (or quite as fast wide open) but is immeasurably better at 56mm or longer! The 10-24 is very good too - lives on my X-Pro 1 at the moment, although the recent arrival of an X-H 1 might mean some shifting around.

Edited to correct an FL typo, as pointed out by David below!

Last edited:
It's not really fair to lump the Fuji 18-55 in with other "kit" lenses - it's probably the best around. The only reason mine's semi redundant is that I have the 16-135 which isn't quite as good when pixel peeping (or quite as fast wide open) but is immeasurably better at 56mm or longer! The 10-24 is very good too - lives on my X-Pro 1 at the moment, although the recent arrival of an X-H 1 might mean some shifting around.

The 18-135 is still pretty bad wider than 18mm though.......

I beg to differ sir, petrol, pistons and pretending to pop out for some milk and coming back 2 hours later has kept me sane all these years.

Amen to that brother. We "could" go to the shop up the road, but why when I can take in 10 miles of country lanes to get to Warminster or Gillingham? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
One positive from this isolation thing is that we've found walks/footpaths that we didn't know existed, only a mile or so from where we live. The OS app is good for finding them.
Just a snap of a shady pond with the X100F from yesterdays walk

DSCF0390a.jpg..

Amen to that brother. We "could" go to the shop up the road, but why when I can take in 10 miles of country lanes to get to Warminster or Gillingham? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I must be getting old :eek: As I`m happy pottering aroung in my Fiat 500 :) Plus £20 a year tax helps ...

Nah, get a real 500 rather than a 900 or 1200... The real 500 would be free tax too (as is our Leaf, although the other cars aren't. :( )

You are, P/X it for an Arbath LOL

Haha I was thinking about an Arbath when I bought it, but just not keen on the oil cooler lump at the front, and crapola fuel consumption (grren man, green) ;) My Boss had a very naughty one though, 290 BHP :eek:

Nah, get a real 500 rather than a 900 or 1200... The real 500 would be free tax too (as is our Leaf, although the other cars aren't. :( )

I`d love a real one, but in super nick, which aren`t easy to find at a sensible price ;)

Haha I was thinking about an Arbath when I bought it, but just not keen on the oil cooler lump at the front, and crapola fuel consumption (grren man, green) ;) My Boss had a very naughty one though, 290 BHP :eek:

I`d love a real one, but in super nick, which aren`t easy to find at a sensible price ;)
I think the fuel consumption is great, then again i've had R35GTR, Skylines, RX8, RX7 and a lot of V6's & V8's, what's that smell, mmmmm V Power with a bit of clutch thrown in :p

Can`t beat the rumble of a V8, especially when the spit angry when pushed :)

Some sweet rides peeps :)

Seeing the GT40, having just watched LeMans 66 .... Great car, that doesn`t like corners lol
Great film too imho

Last edited:
Recomendations for an across the body strap for my X-T3 + grip.
Ideally one that i can disconnect from the camera quickly when using my tripod.:)

will take a look

Recomendations for an across the body strap for my X-T3 + grip.
Ideally one that i can disconnect from the camera quickly when using my tripod.:)
I use Peak Design Slide Lite, more suited to the XT-3 than the full size one. I also have a spare unused one available, if interested i'll put an ad in the classifieds.

I have a slide lite, too. Great straps imo
And you can get a Fuji one now ;)

Been messing about with the camera again today.
First shot was to mess about with bright colours against a black background and the second one is a detailed shot of my RC truck that I am building

DSCF2861 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

DSCF2908 by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

I bet it was a bugger lining those crayons up ;) Colours are great (y)

Back