The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That’s a stunner, a real attention grabber. There’s something about IR that really appeals to me and you’ve really made good use of the effect there, very nice :)

Thank you docent always work but when it does it adds a nice twist to an image.

Thanks very much its appreciated

Great image. (y)

I found my old IR Canon 350d in the loft a few weeks back. Thought I’d got rid of it. Charged it up and it still works, even has some images on the card. Trouble is, I’ve not got any Canon lenses anymore. Might get a cheap kit lens and have a play as IR photography is great fun in the summer and helps with the long daylight hours and sunshine.

Seems as if, after a bit of research, my Fuji lens can be prone to hotspots. Pity as I could convert my XE1.

Cheers Jason, rally like my X-E1 converted been using the 16mm f2.8 with it and seems fine for hotspots so far.

Any tips on a ring flash that I can use for macro work on my X-T3?
I normally use constant light, but with my newly acquired Laowa 65mm 2:1 I am getting sometimes so close to the subject that I can't light them properly, so want to try flash.
What are your macro subjects? I have a Yongnou twin flash that doesn't get the amount of use I thought, some but not much. I use my TT685 or my EF-X20 with different diffusers most of the the time. By experimenting I found even some transparent packing foam loosely folded infront of the flash head sticks out so much you can with a little work backlight your subjects. In a more close wrap it produces nice soft light as does a pop-up diffuser you placed on the lens. Small alu foil containers is another way to have a makeshift softbox but it actually takes very little to get amazing light from a std speedlight for macro work.

You just can`t beat the beautiful X-H1, and with the XF56mm f1.2 on is a dream. :cool:

Lovely Dog by Dave, on Flickr
Oh wOw Dave, that's an amazing capture, the light is simply beautiful, and shot wide open, superb indeed. That X combo is the business.

Brilliant photography/content/pose/skills....

Regards;
Peter

Excellent shot Dave. :)

Thank you Jason, of all the images I took that day of the jazz it was this image I took of the dog that I loved the most as I just flipped out the screen and one handed clicked on the shutter while watching for the moment for the dog to move his head.

Thanks, they’re both taken in roughly the same location in sunny Lincolnshire :)

I`ve got a field close to me that`s almost identical ...

They’re both lovely images and I have to agree with the above comment about the fountain, the bokeh on the left hand side in particular gives it an almost ethereal feel. Top job on both counts :)
Thank you! Was seeing how far I could push the bokeh on the 56mm. It does give a magical out of focus area.

What are your macro subjects? I have a Yongnou twin flash that doesn't get the amount of use I thought, some but not much. I use my TT685 or my EF-X20 with different diffusers most of the the time. By experimenting I found even some transparent packing foam loosely folded infront of the flash head sticks out so much you can with a little work backlight your subjects. In a more close wrap it produces nice soft light as does a pop-up diffuser you placed on the lens. Small alu foil containers is another way to have a makeshift softbox but it actually takes very little to get amazing light from a std speedlight for macro work.
Hei Søren - thanks for the response. My biggest dilemma is when using the Laowa 2:1 magnification lens at max. magnification, I am so close to the subject that the lens actually gets in the way of the light, throwing a shadow over the subject., hence the wish for a ring flash so that the light source is not impeded by the lens barrel.

I think i am lusting after this lens.:rolleyes:

Think it will be next year if I do anymore of these, X-H1 + XF56mm f1.2.

George by Dave, on Flickr
X-H1 and when I had the XF16-55mm

Sam Sings Jazz by Dave, on Flickr

Two very nice candid street style shots, liking both of these very much.

“Dave I should be really interested to know how you get this PP effect. I remember you did one of the interior of a bar room a time or two back that I particularly liked. I currently do all of my PP work using either Affinity, Luminar 3, and On1 Raw 2020”

George.

Back