The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm thinking about upgrading my body finally (currently using the x-t1...). I always wanted the x-pro3, but I just saw that with the X-T4 coming out, the X-T3 is heavily discounted everywhere. As in ~£1600 for the x-pro and ~£900 total for the X-T3. What do you guys think, is the T3 a total bargain at the moment? I know the advantages of the T4, but I've never really felt that IBIS was missing so far, so I don't put too much value on it for now.

If you don,t need the IBIS go for the X-T3

I'm thinking about upgrading my body finally (currently using the x-t1...). I always wanted the x-pro3, but I just saw that with the X-T4 coming out, the X-T3 is heavily discounted everywhere. As in ~£1600 for the x-pro and ~£900 total for the X-T3. What do you guys think, is the T3 a total bargain at the moment? I know the advantages of the T4, but I've never really felt that IBIS was missing so far, so I don't put too much value on it for now.
Personally I'd go XT3 or even XH1 depending on what you like. The XT4 is no doubt a nice piece of kit, but I don't feel the need to upgrade to it from any of my existing cameras.

Thanks, I hadn't really thought about the x-h1! Hm I'll have to think about that again. Most of the time there are people in shots and I prefer wide angles, hence my feelings towards ibis. But still, the H1 is rather cheap now too, so the perceived value of ibis isn't that big a factor there.

I’ve just (as in last week) picked up an X-H1 as an accompaniment to my XT3 and to be honest so far I much prefer it to the degree I really can’t see the XT3 getting much use. It’s early days for me with it but if you’re thinking of the XT3 I would seriously recommend considering the X-H1 especially given what cracking value for money they are although you do need to bare in mind that it is a significantly bigger body :)

Thanks, I hadn't really thought about the x-h1! Hm I'll have to think about that again. Most of the time there are people in shots and I prefer wide angles, hence my feelings towards ibis. But still, the H1 is rather cheap now too, so the perceived value of ibis isn't that big a factor there.
It's definitely worth considering, the build quality is superb, and it feels great to use. The AF is not quire as good as the XT3, but for the most part it is plenty good enough. It'll depend on what you shoot. I love using it with the grip, and the IBIS is a bonus for primes without the OIS. The value for money of the XH1 at the moment will take some beating.

2:1 lit by TT685 through diffuser. Setup beneath though with the Fuji 80mm
https://www.fotostart.dk/index.php?p=110&i=114680

View attachment 280121
Thanks for the look at your set-up, Søren. I have now ordered a ring flash from A'zon, (as I have a gift voucher that needed using up) as I just feel the light will be more directed at the subject than an on-camera unit...looking at your set-up, it appears that the flash is aimed too far in front of the lens for what I have in mind. :)

First proper ride on my new MTB today, went to Hove park had to sit down as I was knackered. After having a smoke ( stopping tonight), I rode over to Mum`s and great to see her after so long but we kept over 6ft away from each other so had a glass of water then I rode back home. About 6 miles in all so happy with that. Mr V was in my bumbag with me too.

Apollo Slant MTB by Dave, on Flickr

Hove Park Cafe by Dave, on Flickr

Stem Shadow by Dave, on Flickr

The GoldStone by Dave, on Flickr

Can i ask why did you sell your 90mm

First proper ride on my new MTB today, went to Hove park had to sit down as I was knackered. After having a smoke ( stopping tonight), I rode over to Mum`s and great to see her after so long but we kept over 6ft away from each other so had a glass of water then I rode back home. About 6 miles in all so happy with that. Mr V was in my bumbag with me too.

Apollo Slant MTB by Dave, on Flickr

Hove Park Cafe by Dave, on Flickr

Stem Shadow by Dave, on Flickr

The GoldStone by Dave, on Flickr
Well done Dave! I won't be able to get on mine until Thursday as we are starting too early. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the look at your set-up, Søren. I have now ordered a ring flash from A'zon, (as I have a gift voucher that needed using up) as I just feel the light will be more directed at the subject than an on-camera unit...looking at your set-up, it appears that the flash is aimed too far in front of the lens for what I have in mind. :)
? Sorry, I dont understand what you mean by this. The light from the flash hits the diffusor (any of your choice) which then becomes the light source. With the wideangle disc down you illuminate a relative to subject huge area giving you soft yet directional light.
Con grats on your purchase have fun with it (y)
There is offcource another option for my flash setup :giggle:
https://www.fotostart.dk/index.php?p=110&i=114682
DSC_0381.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

If you dont need the better Af on the T3 I would go for the T2, IQ virtually identical and the AF is no slouch just better on the T3.

Last edited:
Out doing my doorstep portraits today and took the H1 along with the T3 and had a play with it whilst doing the shoot as I know this family. I haven’t changed my settings on the body yet but the image is soft? Ibis was on, but it seems like some shake has been introduced. Any idea where it’s gone wrong?
f2.2
1/2700
iso 200

View: https://flic.kr/p/2j4UpYN
F/2.2 with 4 people in the shot would be a no no for me mate, probably f/5.6 and shutter 800/1000. IBIS isn't in play at 1/2700 surely.

Fantastic series of images Pete - wOw, quality.....!

mac
Thanks Peter, it's usually a place that's full of tourists on a Sunday so well worth the trip to grab these beautiful streets whilst deserted.

Just a solitary cafe open selling ice cream through a window, devastating for business owners across the country.

I am looking to practise some more portraits and studio lighting projects, and as such i'd like to tether my camera when shooting. As ON1 doesn't support this for the Fuji system I am considering buying Capture 1 pro. Does anyone here use this, and if so how do you rate it?

Back