The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

For street I'd want a small fast lens like the newish 35mm 2 WR, tho ideal is a little wider and faster like a 23mm 1.4. This latter is pricey but beautiful. For nature you really need 100-400mm as minimum, unless you want to shoot small close up things, in which case you need a macro lens.
Depends on what sort of street. Mark fernley uses the 18-55mm for his street photography.

Right so I finally decided to go for the X-T20 for a few reasons.

It was much cheaper than the rest. I got the X-T20 with XF 18-55mm lens kit for £525. I am only starting out and the general feeling is that this camera is excellent for a beginner and it comes with a great lens kit. I didn't see a need for me to spend more than necessary.

The lack of weather sealing does not bother me much because I do not indeed to use the camera in terrible conditions anyway. Also there were a few things online about the size of the camera. I've quite small hands, so I don't see the handling of the camera being an issue at all. Also I'd prefer a smaller camera for when I go on a holiday.

Also, another major factor was the fact a lot of you guys mentioned that the glass is much more important than the actual camera. Getting the X-T20 at a reduced price means I can look at getting an additional lens (any recommendations would be welcome).
Good call.Any of the XC range represent great value for money. They aren't built to the same very high standards as the XF range but optically they are virtually identical and all very good, just they won't take the punishment the XF range will and they don't have aperture rings, the aperture is set via body settings, no big deal really, also no AF on/off button, again it can be set via the body.

The H1 is returning back to the refurb shop. I'm pretty sure the IBIS has an issue with it working intermittently. 30-40% of all shots taken with it had camera shake, and that was after setting it up in an identical way to my last H1's.
Fuji have been really good about it and I'll see what I'm going to do next. Either another H1 or T4 or something else

Depends on what sort of street. Mark fernley uses the 18-55mm for his street photography.

Sure, that's fine and good luck to him. The guy is looking for suggestions to supplement his existing kit. Fact a faster lens is able to adapt to lower light better without upping the ISO is a good thing ... I'd say? He already has the zoom.

Fuji Webcam software launched today

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/support/download/software/x-webcam/

Certain cameras only, claims to be Win10 but I have running happily under Win7

Irritating as I invested in a Magewell converter box last week, for my live broadcast on Monday for Cambrian, this would have saved me £££ - that's life.....

Last edited:
This is something completely different for me, I’ve had a set of macro tubes for about 6 months now but haven’t really had much chance to use them until this afternoon when this decided to make an appearance. It’s a shame I didn’t pull off enough depth of field to get the whole body in focus but for an early attempt I’m quite pleased actually. Purely going by its appearance and behaviour I’m guessing it’s a Red Darter?

Lovely pic. It's a Large Red Damselfly.

DSCX0210 by James, on Flickr

Sure, that's fine and good luck to him. The guy is looking for suggestions to supplement his existing kit. Fact a faster lens is able to adapt to lower light better without upping the ISO is a good thing ... I'd say? He already has the zoom.
It really depends on how you shoot 'street'.
If you're a street portrait photographer and are going to go up to people, talk to them, then take the shot, a small aperture prime is going to be your friend.
If you're the incognito style, then setting the camera manually zone focused with aperture around f/8 is more likely to be the way to shoot, so the kit zoom is going to be ideal.

Different Strokes (n all that).

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks again to those who recommended the XH1 before lockdown. I'm absolutely loving it! No pics to share just yet: I've been working through a backlog, so am currently exactly a year behind!

@Mr Perceptive does the camera keep itself charged when on the webcam software or are you limited by battery?

@Mr Perceptive does the camera keep itself charged when on the webcam software or are you limited by battery?

The rear screen si showing that an external power supply is plugged in, so I hope it is charging.

I did a test before I did a live broadcast on Monday using an HDMI adapter (so not with the Fujifilm USB), and with IBIS off and the lens in manual (as it hunts in AF on the X-H1) the a fully charged battery lasted 1hr 40mins (no grip, just a single battery)

Amazing will you share your secret?:):D

Amazing will you share your secret?:):D

It was just two images to start. One with and one without my daughter. Removed what she was standing on, and added some lightning. Then messed around in PS for a while :)

Kreepy and Kewl.

Thanks, Trevor :)
It sort of came from the "American Horror Story" posters.

How did you acheive the lightning effect?.:)

An interesting tree in a local field.

The field is also the sometime home of a bunch of cows. I found out that what I thought were harmless, lazy animals are in fact grumpy, antisocial creatures who don’t like scruffy photographers standing in their field, taking pictures. I got out of there quite sharpish when they started heading a bit too close for comfort, grumbling and snorting. :D
:exit:

Old Tree
by Jason, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fuji Webcam software launched today

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/support/download/software/x-webcam/

Certain cameras only, claims to be Win10 but I have running happily under Win7

Irritating as I invested in a Magewell converter box last week, for my live broadcast on Monday for Cambrian, this would have saved me £££ - that's life.....
Installed and used it this morning with my xt3 and the 16mm f1.4 lens, worked a treat. All my colleagues where commenting on how clear the image was.

Apparently, I m the one with the most expensive webcam in our offices [emoji3]

Well I pulled the plug and bought the Mitakon 35mm 0.95 used off ebay. Managed to get a good price on a superb condition, very sharp copy. Initial findings are it's a fairly small lens with a lot of heft to it. This is one solid piece of kit and looks great on the XT4. Had a play photographing some flowers in the garden and the DOF is razor thin and sure is fun to play with. It can obliterate the background when used right so am looking forward to getting some portraits with it :)

Thanks for the look at your set-up, Søren. I have now ordered a ring flash from A'zon, (as I have a gift voucher that needed using up) as I just feel the light will be more directed at the subject than an on-camera unit...looking at your set-up, it appears that the flash is aimed too far in front of the lens for what I have in mind. :)
BTW, take a look at Michael Widell's YT chanel. In his latest video her looks at the Meike MK320 speedlight, looks promising.

New guitar!

z1oOFgx.jpg

Very nice.

Just to try and cheer myself up a bit, just ordered a Silver X-T4 so hope to have it tomorrow.
Be interesting to hear your experience with it Dave.

Back