The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

@Fuji Dave A snap from your patch.
Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of the Sea Front from The Brighton/Palace Pier.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1000th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Seafront (Brighton)-03427 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Its weather resistant and so is skin, so get out there!!!
I do like the feeling of WR when I’m out and about. Been caught a couple of times with a non WR camera and lens lately and it does curtail the fun. Haven’t managed to get wet with the X-H1 & 16-55 as of yet. :ROFLMAO:

Oh well, this is going to be interesting, just purchased a used X-T3 for use with my Pentax vintage primes, I wanted the large EVF and to try other manual focus modes as the Sony implementation of focus peaking was getting on my nerves. Will look forward to trying my lenses out along with the famous film simulations...
Its been a long time since I used anything other than a Sony camera...

I thought the Fuji 23/1.4 was supposed to be one of their best (I don't own one)? In what way is this one a massive improvement on it?

Sorry I was referring to the AF. It's pretty clunky on the 23/1.4. I never really liked the balance of it either, but the Fujinon probably has the edge IQ wise over the Viltrox across the frame.

It certainly looks smart! I’ve been eyeing them up too.
Be interested to hear how you’re getting on with it after further testing

Indeed, the photos don't really do it justice either, but I'm very impressed. Will get out with it this week for testing.

It was a toss up between the 23/2 WR and the Fuji X100F - this one took me by surprise. It does however tick all the boxes - fast, fast AF, cheap :D Fingers crossed it proves reliable.

Just re-joined the Fuji I.L.C party.
Silver X-T4 and 16-80 f4

Just need some decent weather now (I don't have a cat)
Congrats Trevor! gonna keep you busy test it out :) Let me know how you find the 16-80 for relatively close range shots like flowers at say 100%. Really wondering if it was my copy that was soft.

If anyone is interested in the XF 16-80mm, Camera Jungle have 3 mint examples in a 20% off flash sale today making them £514.40 each.

Hi chaps.

I've got an XT2. All set up great...until one day the camera decides to not want to change the aperture using the wheel. Everything is setup correctly. The wheel will alter iso and ss, just won't alter aperture.

Before I do a reset or software upgrade, has anyone else come across this problem. If so, how did you remedy it?

As I say, a reset or firmware update may cure it.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Set aperture on lens to A
and make sure Aperture Ring Setting in the Button / Dial menu is set to Command

The front command dial has a "button" function in which PRESSING DOWN on the front command dial changes it's function from one "option" to the other (as selected from the menu)

Last edited:
Set aperture on lens to A
and make sure Aperture Ring Setting in the Button / Dial menu is set to Command

The front command dial has a "button" function in which PRESSING DOWN on the front command dial changes it's function from one "option" to the other (as selected from the menu)
Yeah, absolutely everything is setup correctly. I have an xt3 as well. All lenses work fine on it. Xt2 just isn't playing ball...

Hi chaps.

I've got an XT2. All set up great...until one day the camera decides to not want to change the aperture using the wheel. Everything is setup correctly. The wheel will alter iso and ss, just won't alter aperture.

Before I do a reset or software upgrade, has anyone else come across this problem. If so, how did you remedy it?

As I say, a reset or firmware update may cure it.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Joe

Have you changed the ISO DIAL SETTING (A) to COMMAND in the menu instead of AUTO?

Changing the COMMAND DIAL SETTING only changes the function of the wheel setting dial itself: if you haven't changed the ISO DIAL COMMAND (A) to COMMAND rather than AUTO, the wheel dial will remain in AUTO.

Last edited:
@patr You've got a lot to answer for!

I now have the full set of converters on the way.

Mea Culpa! Glad to be of help, (I think!).

I am going to stick with the X70 WCL for now before thinking of a TCL. I have modified the WCL lens with a small magnet to automatically change the lens converter configuration rather than go through the menu.

If the converters you have on the way are Mk11's then there is no need to change manually, but if not there is a very simple way to add a small magnet (the position is the same, the polarity differentiates between WCL and TCL) to the back of the converter lens to do it automatically.

I am going to stick with the X70 WCL for now before thinking of a TCL. I have modified the WCL lens with a small magnet to automatically change the lens converter configuration rather than go through the menu.

If the converters you have on the way are Mk11's then there is no need to change manually, but if not there is a very simple way to add a small magnet (the position is the same, the polarity differentiates between WCL and TCL) to the back of the converter lens to do it automatically.

The V has a setting to automatically detects and change for the mk2's. Looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks for helping me to spend my cash before my wife got to it :p

My wife got to mine just before I pressed the button on an X-T4. I am now the proud owner of a Babylock Gloria overlocker.

I cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled I am.

PMSL I hope at least she can sew you a nice beanbag now ;)

Isn't what? One of the best, or a massive improvement?
IQ is ok but it’s certainly no improvement on later bodies, maybe it’s faster than the Fuji on older bodies but the Fuji has no flaws whatsoever on XH-1 and XT-3

IQ is ok but it’s certainly no improvement on later bodies, maybe it’s faster than the Fuji on older bodies but the Fuji has no flaws whatsoever on XH-1 and XT-3
That's what I thought you meant, I find the Fuji lens to be great on my 4 bodies, though I have never tried any third party lenses, or have the inclination to do so at present.

PMSL I hope at least she can sew you a nice beanbag now ;)

Glad you found it amusing, I am still trying to recover from being outwitted by one I have adored for years. Even my pet fox Eric has acknowledged that a new Meister of cunning is in the building!

But I have to admit that it is a thing of girly beauty and a true precision bit of kit. A simple push of a button sends cotton thread wizzing around a circuit of pipes to thread through all the eyes of the needles automatically. Impressed yes, but still so hurt. :(:(

X-T4 on backburner until...........

Glad you found it amusing, I am still trying to recover from being outwitted by one I have adored for years. Even my pet fox Eric has acknowledged that a new Meister of cunning is in the building!

But I have to admit that it is a thing of girly beauty and a true precision bit of kit. A simple push of a button sends cotton thread wizzing around a circuit of pipes to thread through all the eyes of the needles automatically. Impressed yes, but still so hurt. :(:(

X-T4 on backburner until...........
Cold revenge is the sweetest...

OH MY WORD !!!

I've just fired my X-T4 for the first time..the Shutter is divine.

Interesting? What is so special/different about the shutter on the XT4 @trevorbray ?
Can’t be any more mystical than the leaf shutter in my X100 can it? :naughty:

Can’t see me using the tele but I would probably have a use for slightly wider - that WCL-X70 looks good at £75.

My wife got to mine just before I pressed the button on an X-T4. I am now the proud owner of a Babylock Gloria overlocker.

I cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled I am.

You sound ecstatic :ROFLMAO:
Skulks off to google a Gloria overclocker :thinking:

ETA: OMG it is a gold plated sewing machine :oops: :$o_O

Last edited:
Back