The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

One of the best mountain ridge walks I've ever done yesterday. All day, trudging up and down hills, along ridges, getting soaked and cold, getting blown over by the wind, getting lost, dodging cows (!) and admiring the views. And a lovely bag of chips as a reward at the end. North Wales really is the greatest place.

Not the best pic I'll ever make but I'll be back when the days are shorter and winter weather is here.

Across The Valley..
by Jason, on Flickr

One of the best mountain ridge walks I've ever done yesterday. All day, trudging up and down hills, along ridges, getting soaked and cold, getting blown over by the wind, getting lost, dodging cows (!) and admiring the views. And a lovely bag of chips as a reward at the end. North Wales really is the greatest place.

Not the best pic I'll ever make but I'll be back when the days are shorter and winter weather is here.

Across The Valley..
by Jason, on Flickr

That's an amazing view @JasonPC .
I'm a softy from Essex and despite enjoying walking and exploring, draw the line at getting cold, blown over and/or wet - so hat off to you (y)

Last edited:

Amazing how many of these little old places still exist. I really enjoy looking through old photos from 20, 30 or 40 years ago of my local area and it is fascinating seeing all the old shops that have changed or places that long since got flattened.

I kind of started during lockdown but am intending to continue documenting my local urban area so that people in the future can do the same. Proper 'photographers' may scoff because it isn't a fancy landscape or a stunning nature shot and may even appear a bit 'boring' - but I think we also have a duty to ensure future generations continue to be able to see what the past looked like.

Thanks for posting/sharing @Mr Perceptive

Last edited:

Across The Valley..
by Jason, on Flickr

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph Jason, with a good mono presentation and the splashes of sunlight really had to the depth of the picture.

George.

Very nice Fujigraph Paul, really like the PP on this one and it blends nicely with the overcast moody sky.

George.
Nice to catch a place like this with nobody hanging/walking around in the middle of the shot. Nice PP too.
Nice one. Agree re. the PP, it works really well.

Thanks guys (y)

It`s a pita to have to book entry, but the upside is, if done for an early slot, there are hardly any people around to spoil the image :)

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph Jason, with a good mono presentation and the splashes of sunlight really had to the depth of the picture.

George.
That's an amazing view @JasonPC .
I'm a softy from Essex and despite enjoying walking and exploring, draw the line at getting cold, blown over and/or wet - so hat off to you (y)

Cheers both.

I’m not a fan of summer - too hot and sunrise and sunset at daft o’clock. Much prefer the cold and the gloominess of winter. Sunshine in the weather forecast usually means a PlayStation day if not working. :p

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken from the lower external viewing balcony of the Tate Modern London UK of a guy appearing to be Striding Out.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrasty look to this snap to emphasis the dark clothing & shadow against the lighter toned ground.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/640th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Striding Out-03440 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Got the Viltrox 85mm 1.8 today, not had time to give it a good testing but from the few sample shots I took it looks to be very solid, even wide open. It's also not quite the brick I expected, the weight doesn't bother me at all, it's a bit large and chunky esp with the hood on but weight-wise I feel it balances pretty well on the H1.

viltrox.jpg

Got the Viltrox 85mm 1.8 today, not had time to give it a good testing but from the few sample shots I took it looks to be very solid, even wide open. It's also not quite the brick I expected, the weight doesn't bother me at all, it's a bit large and chunky esp with the hood on but weight-wise I feel it balances pretty well on the H1.

View attachment 288056
It's a heavy lens for sure but well put together and better than it should be for the price. The hood is a bit naff but works as it should. Looking forward to the shots you get from it.

Absolutely stunning - we have one in our local meadow but getting a shot of it is way beyond me - well done

Andrew, a bit of a confession. One of the members of our club runs a falconry business, so a few of us went up there last night and he got a couple of the birds to fly across the cornfields. In the evening light it was stunning. Mind you, I shot over 600 frames and have dumped at least 500 of them, and I'm still going through the culling....

Barn Owl2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Had a quick wander round Chesterton Windmill yesterday evening, wasn't there very late so the light wasn't the best - but there was no one else there when I got there which was good. By the time we came away there were 3 or 4 other couples floating around, so we did well to see if without humans!

X-H1 | XF16-55mm f2.8

_XH10841
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_XH10844
by Dave Young, on Flickr

It's a heavy lens for sure but well put together and better than it should be for the price. The hood is a bit naff but works as it should. Looking forward to the shots you get from it.

Anyone used to the 16-55 would feel right at home with it I think, or indeed the 90mm. The 90 is a little longer but about 100g lighter. Some reviewers have the viltrox down as being the better built. The hood for mine actually snaps on and off nicely, have seen many complain that theirs was either too tight or would not stay on at all. Mine came with the latest fw pre installed so maybe it's from a later batch? Hopefully give it a good try out after lunch - thanks again for the HU on the sale :)

I took my camera on my early morning alk today, so glad I did as the light was really nice. This is the Southwest Coast Path above Budleigh Salterton at about 0600 (ish) - handheld

X-Pro2; XF 16-55 @ 22mm; f20; ISO2000; 1/420

Last edited:
I took my camera on my early morning alk today, so glad I did as the light was really nice. This is the Southwest Coast Path above Budleigh Salterton at about 0600 (ish) - handheld

X-Pro2; XF 16-55 @ 22mm; f20; ISO2000; 1/420

That's a very nice landscape/seascape Fujigraph Jim, nicely composed with some lovely colour & detail. Might even have been improved without those vapor trails showing.

"Purely a question and in no way a crit' if you don't mind me asking, I wondered why you shot at F20 and bumped the ISO up to 2000 instead of shooting at a wider aperture and keeping the ISO lower"

George.

That's a very nice landscape/seascape Fujigraph Jim, nicely composed with some lovely colour & detail. Might even have been improved without those vapor trails showing.

"Purely a question and in no way a crit' if you don't mind me asking, I wondered why you shot at F20 and bumped the ISO up to 2000 instead of shooting at a wider aperture and keeping the ISO lower"

George.

Thanks George. I shot at f20 as I wanted to get the sun-star in the image (and I know that f22 on that lens can be quite soft in the corners, even though they are dark/sky); I shot at ISO 2000 as I forgot to change it back after I last used the camera :facepalm: (the classic schoolboy error!) Plus, i'm still learning :giggle:

Last edited:
Plus, i'm still learning :giggle:

Aren't we all Jim, must admit I didn't even think of the sun-star effect, that answers everything for me. :)

Many thanks.,

George.

Last edited:
I like the pp, makes a nice change from the usual over saturated stuff.

Is there a reason you put the building where you did in the frame? It seems like it is intentionally not centred but only just where it almost looks like it could be a mistake. Not that everything has to be on a third of course, but in this case it feels like one or the other would be better.

Castlerigg Stone Circle from last years Lakes trip. I must keep more up to date with my editing. :p

Castlerigg Stone Circle
by Jason, on Flickr

That’s a very nice landscape style Fujigraph Jason, some good colours & comp’. The vignette (or what appears to be one) works very well by bringing more attention to the main subject.

George.

I like the pp, makes a nice change from the usual over saturated stuff.

Is there a reason you put the building where you did in the frame? It seems like it is intentionally not centred but only just where it almost looks like it could be a mistake. Not that everything has to be on a third of course, but in this case it feels like one or the other would be better.

I didn't want it central, and I would have preferred a lead in line, but the tracks through the grass run from across the frame. The grasses either side of where I shot would have meant having the tripod at full extension as they were over 4ft high, and I didn't like that POV, so I settled on this one.

The weather has been so dreary, wet and flat here so kinda restricted to boring testers but will try to give this lens a proper work out asap. I find I'm really liking shooting with it though, even just these random nothing images - very quickly discovered that you can just open it up and shoot without worrying about softness or invading CA/fringing. There is a hint of purple in very high contrast scenarios but it's a mere click to correct unlike bad cases [Canon 85 1.8 USM for example]

Viltrox 85mm 1.8 on the H1, all shot at 1.8;

Stir fry by K G, on Flickr

DSCF9462 by K G, on Flickr

Clean and sharp at 1.8, ISO 2500
What's new by K G, on Flickr

Total Gridlock by K G, on Flickr

I think it's going to be sweet for nice contrasty B&W too
Mask up by K G, on Flickr

Sorry to ask such a ridiculous question, but I cannot find a suitable lens cover for my X100F with the X70 hood on. Any pointers. Thank you.

Sorry to ask such a ridiculous question, but I cannot find a suitable lens cover for my X100F with the X70 hood on. Any pointers. Thank you.
49mm cap or the x100v cap fits but I cant find any in the uk yet. I'm after a silver x100v cap for my f.

Last edited:

Amazon has loads of 49mm lens caps, its where I got mine for my X70 hood albeit it is black and not silver.

Last edited:
Back