The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I plug into a hub unit on my desktop PC, I've laso plugged in directly, it works either way. I've previously damaged a card that wasn't inserted correctly into the SD slot on my computer, so wherever possible I use a USB cable to retrieve RAW/JPG files, its slower but safer! - certainly in my hands!!!!

If you are regularly going away I'd recommend the Hahnel cube, it can charge two Fuji batteries and has a USB outlet for charging phone, etc, and can receive power either mains or from a car lighter socket. Its not cheap but its very useful.

Its probably more risky using the USB as they dont last forever, if the port goes youll end up with a hefty bill.

Good base for some great locations:-

Portmeirion
Cwmorthin/Rhosydd
Plas Brondanw - Little Gardens but great cafe food/cake
Cwm Bychan - Nantcol Waterfalls
Brilliant Seaside Sunsets
Can also recommend the Precipice Walk at Dolgellau - Amazing views and a walk at high up in the hills that requires very lintel climbing! followed by the obligatory visit to TH Roberts Cafe

Have a great week
Thanks for that, we try and get to either Criccieth or Harlech at least one a year of late, both are fantastic bases to explore from. There are a few places on your list that we haven't explored.
Cheers

Thanks for that, we try and get to either Criccieth or Harlech at least one a year of late, both are fantastic bases to explore from. There are a few places on your list that we haven't explored.
Cheers

If you need any directions etc, then drop me a PM - Cwmorthin/Rhosydd are amongst my favourite foul Welsh Weather places!!

Has anyone with a X100F charged the battery via the mains? The instructions recommend connecting it to the computer (NOT via a USB hub) but doesn't say anything about charging via a socket.

I don't have an X100 but an X-T20, I've been charging it via a socket with my iPhone plug for a couple of years now with no issues.

Thanks George

Although I did get a bit of a scare when I first went to press the shutter!

View attachment 292002

I switched it off and on again and it and it appears to be fine.

Be careful here. This is often the case if a filter is attached directly to the lens. You need a filter adapter.

I think I’ve finally caught the Fuji bug after a few false starts over the years. The lovely X-T2 which I just bought from @Jelster on here is a very nice bit of kit. Lovely images with all the detail I need even compared to my D800. The only lens I’ve got to play with at the mo is an m-mount 7Artisans 50mm f1.1 but just ordered a used 35/2 from wex so will be able to really try her out properly soon.

Has anyone with a X100F charged the battery via the mains? The instructions recommend connecting it to the computer (NOT via a USB hub) but doesn't say anything about charging via a socket.
Marc

On a related, but non-mains charging option, I have waltzed down the Aisle of Dreams at Lidl and picked up a couple of these LivarnoLux LED torches.

Cracking bit of kit encased in a water resistant alloy body, rechargeable battery, two levels of light intensity, an SOS flashing mode and importantly, a built in USB 5v 2.1Ah powerbank. Plus a 3 year warranty all for the wallet busting price of £9.95 each.

Running low and in need an emergency top up or enough power to finish a shoot in the middle of no-where? Danke schön Herr Lidl, that will do nicely (and provide a nice emergency torch too).

Laco 1345.JPG

So you found them on a shelf between the onions and mens socks :ROFLMAO:

Love how Lidl and Aldi just stick stuff anywhere.

I know, its a bugger. The Memsahib sent me to Lidl with a food shopping list as long as a very long thing and I was mesmerised by a 20v cordless power washer and bought the square root of SFA off the list.

Brilliant little washer which was worth the stony cold stare of complete and utter contempt which greeted my return to Home Sweet Home.

Great lens, great value for money. Pin sharp and the OIS works a treat.(y)
Had one when I had fuji kit last time Jason. Like you say, pin sharp.

Looked at the 50-140 but want to keep the weight down in my pack. I'll give me nice reach with the 16-80 too.

My 100-400 will have to wait . My camera pot is well and truly empty again;)

mmm, potatoes, onions, roast chicken, angle grinder, cabbage, cheese.
I know, its a bugger. The Memsahib sent me to Lidl with a food shopping list as long as a very long thing and I was mesmerised by a 20v cordless power washer and bought the square root of SFA off the list.

Brilliant little washer which was worth the stony cold stare of complete and utter contempt which greeted my return to Home Sweet Home.
You think that they just dump stuff in any gap in the aisles.

It's all strategically placed to snag the likes of us.

beans, beans, beans, where are the beans............oohhhhh a foot pump that works off your cigarette lighter with a built in pillow. I'll have one of those:ROFLMAO:

Had one when I had fuji kit last time Jason. Like you say, pin sharp.

Looked at the 50-140 but want to keep the weight down in my pack. I'll give me nice reach with the 16-80 too.

My 100-400 will have to wait . My camera pot is well and truly empty again;)

Spoken like a man with all digits and bits crossed. You fibber you.

But it is a superb lens and, much as I am loath to admit it, as sharp as my 50-140 without the weight.

Save up your pocket money till next week and treat yourself to the 10-24, it is fast becoming my favourite lens after the 90mm.

Spoken like a man with all digits and bits crossed. You fibber you.

But it is a superb lens and, much as I am loath to admit it, as sharp as my 50-140 without the weight.

Save up your pocket money till next week and treat yourself to the 10-24, it is fast becoming my favourite lens after the 90mm.
You know me so well:cool:

@bumper I'd have taken that T4 off your hands as well if you decided sooner as you know I'm awaiting mine arriving.
*drumroll*

and I've bought a..........

55-200

:facepalm:

the one not even on the list. Its a great lens. IQ very much the same on both the 55-200 and 50-140. I've had both. Got the 50-140 on order with the T4. You'll find those 100-400 funds soon enough I'm sure ;)

@bumper I'd have taken that T4 off your hands as well if you decided sooner as you know I'm awaiting mine arriving.

I'm really undecided over it. I feel guilty not liking it but I just haven't clicked with it. I didn't with my t2 but hoped the extra grip size would help on the t4.

For now it's going in my pack with the 55-200, then the h1 can have the 16-80. This will save me from changing a lens when I'm out ( I hate changing a lens when I'm out). I'm only carrying the extra weight of the t4 body and a couple of t4 batteries. It'll be a nice light landscape kit compared to my heavy Canon stuff.

If you like the T bodies you'll love the t4, especially with the 50-140. Not long now ;)

I'm really undecided over it. I feel guilty not liking it but I just haven't clicked with it. I didn't with my t2 but hoped the extra grip size would help on the t4.

For now it's going in my pack with the 55-200, then the h1 can have the 16-80. This will save me from changing a lens when I'm out ( I hate changing a lens when I'm out). I'm only carrying the extra weight of the t4 body and a couple of t4 batteries. It'll be a nice light landscape kit compared to my heavy Canon stuff.

If you like the T bodies you'll love the t4, especially with the 50-140. Not long now ;)

I enjoyed it when I had it briefly before selling for the V. The V just took over haha. I liked the extra grip size etc. Wasn't keen on pressing stuff with my nose though due to the touch screen haha. Now I'll have both. If you're not keen on it and can do without it then there's your 100-400 fund back in full swing

It's now ready for our weekend in Suffolk.

View attachment 292031

On your earlier message where you got a focus error. I get that on my V. I've noticed it happens when I'm removing the cap but turn it on at the same time. Off and on makes it work again. Unsure if it's acutally a problem lol. Looking good there. I've got all black but I do like the silver. I'm just a dark colour person. Dark clothes, dark screen modes on phones and computers etc. It's because I was born in it, moulded by it...... :D

EDIT: Seems common and the same thing I've been seeing although one person said it was permanent for them and had to send for repair so be careful with it :) https://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/7236-focus-error/

Last edited:
On your earlier message where you got a focus error. I get that on my V. I've noticed it happens when I'm removing the cap but turn it on at the same time. Off and on makes it work again. Unsure if it's acutally a problem lol. Looking good there. I've got all black but I do like the silver. I'm just a dark colour person. Dark clothes, dark screen modes on phones and computers etc. It's because I was born in it, moulded by it...... :D

If I could've found a black one for the same price, I probably would've got it but it's of no consequence.

EDIT: Seems common and the same thing I've been seeing although one person said it was permanent for them and had to send for repair so be careful with it :) https://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/7236-focus-error/

Thanks

If I could've found a black one for the same price, I probably would've got it but it's of no consequence.

Thanks

Don't feel left out Marc.

My F is silver too :cool:

BTW I was just saying I've got black as in having conversation with you. Wasn't saying you got the wrong one etc or poking fun so I hope neither of you have taken it as that :). I like the silver but I get things dirty. I can't help it lol.

If anyone is looking for a black WCL then here's a MK1 one for £125 in 'excellent' condition.

BTW I was just saying I've got black as in having conversation with you. Wasn't saying you got the wrong one etc or poking fun so I hope neither of you have taken it as that :). I like the silver but I get things dirty. I can't help it lol.

I've got a black V :D

This collecting fuji bodies is getting out of hand

The first rule of silver F Club is, you do not talk about silver F Club. The second rule of silver F Club is, you do not talk about silver F Club

;)

I wonder if you actually realise that not only did you talk about silver F club once but twice and mentioned it 4 times in two sentences? Haha.

I'm sure collecting bodies for you has been tiring. I've got two now and I'm tired. Excited but tired.

Back