The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Gas got the better of me and I bought a refurb 23mm F2 from the Fuji shop.
I think I will use it more than a 27mm.

I’ve just popped some lovely billingham bags up for sale if anyone is interested. Perfect for Fuji kit just not big enough for my day kit now.

Anyone having shutter lag problems ? In my case with an xt3 . Occasionally without notice it takes probably about a second from when I press the shutter to taking the photo . So I 1/2 press , get the green box and then nothing . It might do it for 10 shots and then as quick as the problem occurs it's gone .

So, eye af. Watched a few youtube vids and made some changes,
AF-C, Zone focus and used my Viltrox 56 f1.4
Happy to report better more reliable results.
Never going to be up to Sony standards but i want to use my X-S10
Haven't got permission from the model (wife) to post any pictures.

Last edited:
So, eye af. Watched a few youtube vids and made some changes,
AF-C, Zone focus and used my Viltrox 56 f1.4
Happy to report better more reliable results.
Never going to be up to Sony standards but i want to use my X-S10
Haven't got permission from the model (wife) to post any pictures.

how you finding rhe X-s10 Trev?

Reminds me of the 4 Yorkshire men sketch.... Although I think they actually said pit, not mill... Still, it was a hard life.

This is the same site in 1930, from a vantage point over to the left, looking across to the right of my image!! Image taken by Hoppe and scanned by Mike Ashworth

ICI - a short account of the activities of the company, 1929 - Winnington Works, Cheshire
by mikeyashworth, on Flickr

The metal framed building above on the right, is the same one as partially dismantled towards the left of my image!!!

And the wharf in front of the houses in 2016 !!

160824 Brunner Mond, Winnington
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've edited about 40 images from 2013 taken on the original X100 today including some at relatively high ISO's (these are personal so not for sharing here), and its been an enjoyable experience, I've learnt quite a bit:-

1) I'm much better 7-8 years on, at getting the exposure right in camera and my composition has improved (IMO) a lot!!
2) The shadow recovery of the original X100 is poor compared to the latest X-Trans sensors
3) Highlight recovery is quite good though
4) The RAW images needed much less editing than my X100F to get them to 'look right

Note to self - use the original X100 more.................

I've edited about 40 images from 2013 taken on the original X100 today including some at relatively high ISO's (these are personal so not for sharing here), and its been an enjoyable experience, I've learnt quite a bit:-

1) I'm much better 7-8 years on, at getting the exposure right in camera and my composition has improved (IMO) a lot!!
2) The shadow recovery of the original X100 is poor compared to the latest X-Trans sensors
3) Highlight recovery is quite good though
4) The RAW images needed much less editing than my X100F to get them to 'look right

Note to self - use the original X100 more.................

Yep. Every time I use mine I wonder why I’ve got anything else.

Back