The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Am I doing something very wrong? I have Lightroom Version 6.14 and want to import a few RAF files I have taken on my Fuji X100V but Lightroom says it can't import them. I just want to convert to Jpeg and will never use RAW again (I have a Nikon for that) but I find even programs like Irfanview won't read the files and I had to download a plugin for WIndows Photos to see them (and even then it's very slow). How can I get them into Lightroom?

Is that light room classic? If so the minimum version for X100V is 9.1.

Adobe do have a free DNG image converter where you can convert your RAW to DNG which you can then open in LR and convert to JPEG. Welcome to Adobe's ecosystem.

Is that light room classic? If so the minimum version for X100V is 9.1.

Adobe do have a free DNG image converter where you can convert your RAW to DNG which you can then open in LR and convert to JPEG. Welcome to Adobe's ecosystem.

Yes, thank you Yosh. In between posting the above and reading your message I found the DNG converter, downloaded it, converted my RAF files to DNG, imported them to Lightroom, exported back to my hard drive as JPG's; I won't be doing that again in a hurry. It's JPEGs only on my camera from now on and leave the RAW files to my Nikon.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you Yosh. In between posting the above and reading your message I found the DNG converter, downloaded it, converted my RAF files to DNG, imported them to Lightroom, exported back to my hard drive as JPG's; I won't be doing that again in a hurry. It's JPEGs only on my camera from now on and leave the RAW files to my Nikon.

Haha yeah it can be a bit of a mess when that happens. Glad you got it sorted though! :)

Mine arrived today. I’ll keep you posted.

How are you getting on with the X-S10? I've not used mine in a proper real world sitation as yet but finding the ISO changing a bit of a challenge at the moment. I will get used to it though. Apart from that I'm enjoying it. The 15-45 lens has been sold as I really didn't like the power zoom.

Last edited:
How are you getting on with the X-S10? I've not used mine in a proper real world sitation as yet but finding the ISO changing a bit of a challenge at the moment. I will get used to it though. Apart from that I'm enjoying it. The 15-45 lens has been sold as I really didn't like the power zoom.

Gosh. Haven’t had a chance to use it in anger yet. Just two frames indoors. Love the handling so far. EVF not a problem. Like you I’ve had X-T4. Sure about IQ. Bought it with 16-80. Can’t wait to get to grips. Yes, there are things to get used to. I’m sure it will all fall into place. Very happy with my choice so far.

Been very quiet on the photography front this year. Various factors, home schooling, lockdown 3.0 but the main thing has been a house move. Been going on months but we finally moved 2 weeks ago on our 10th wedding anniversary. Massively stressful process but feels so good to have moved and we're loving being more rural. And most pertinently to this thread, it's given me cause to bust out the Fujis!

Home sweet home by G.A.D, on Flickr

Snow Day! by G.A.D, on Flickr

Been very quiet on the photography front this year. Various factors, home schooling, lockdown 3.0 but the main thing has been a house move. Been going on months but we finally moved 2 weeks ago on our 10th wedding anniversary. Massively stressful process but feels so good to have moved and we're loving being more rural. And most pertinently to this thread, it's given me cause to bust out the Fujis!

Nice (y) But damn that`s a lot of snow :eek:

Ha, It's got a lot worse since then!

Bloody hell .... There`s rural, and there`s rural ;)

Where are you now, out of interest, and is that Land Rover Defender on order?[/I]

You got some big birds nesting in that tree! lovely photo of the kids in the snow :) it snowed a teensy bit over here, nothing a few year back same day - pics came up on my FB from 2018 and I have one of our girls in a similar downfall only the huge snow flakes rather than the spitty, sleety stuff we got passed 2 days mixed with hail stones

Bloody hell .... There`s rural, and there`s rural ;)

Where are you now, out of interest, and is that Land Rover Defender on order?[/I]

Wilds of County Durham. Edge of the North Pennines. Bit of a culture change for us leaving a lot of creature comforts behind! But thoroughly enjoying it!

I'd love a Defender but actually been getting around amazingly well in my old BMW on winter tyres.

You got some big birds nesting in that tree! lovely photo of the kids in the snow :) it snowed a teensy bit over here, nothing a few year back same day - pics came up on my FB from 2018 and I have one of our girls in a similar downfall only the huge snow flakes rather than the spitty, sleety stuff we got passed 2 days mixed with hail stones

Thanks Keith. We've been marginally lucky with the weather if anything. The day we moved was due to snow heavily which would have been a nightmare for removal truck but in the event there was just a light covering. But since then, it's been pretty continuous. If we'd moved any later, we might have had big problems. We are about 300m above sea level so I think we're going to have to get used to it at this time of year. The kids aren't complaining!

Yesterday, the heating packed up. Rookie mistake, let the oil tank run too low and draw air in. Oops. Got a bit chilly there for a while before I figured out how to fix it! -10 when I got up this morning! :eek:

Struck lucky on the bird front too. We're immediately adjacent to a nature reserve so should get to spot a few. So far we have a barn owl spotted. And a few deer and pheasants visiting the garden. Must get a 100-400 sometime. :)

Thanks Keith. We've been marginally lucky with the weather if anything. The day we moved was due to snow heavily which would have been a nightmare for removal truck but in the event there was just a light covering. But since then, it's been pretty continuous. If we'd moved any later, we might have had big problems. We are about 300m above sea level so I think we're going to have to get used to it at this time of year. The kids aren't complaining!

Yesterday, the heating packed up. Rookie mistake, let the oil tank run too low and draw air in. Oops. Got a bit chilly there for a while before I figured out how to fix it! -10 when I got up this morning! :eek:

Struck lucky on the bird front too. We're immediately adjacent to a nature reserve so should get to spot a few. So far we have a barn owl spotted. And a few deer and pheasants visiting the garden. Must get a 100-400 sometime. :)

Those burners can be a right nightmare! We had trouble with the one here since we moved in almost 5 years ago, once the oil got low I used to have to bleed air locks from it to get it firing, every time. We'd call for more fuel and the guys that came to fill the tank would always say there was enough in that it should still be good for weeks! We got a new burner just before Christmas and it's a dream, no more fiddling with nuts and bolts tampering with something I don't understand :D

If I lived someplace as idylic as that I would certainly look to invest in a tele, sounds a great spot for some wildlife. Best of luck with it all in future [get that boiler sorted!] (y)

Wilds of County Durham. Edge of the North Pennines. Bit of a culture change for us leaving a lot of creature comforts behind! But thoroughly enjoying it!

I'd love a Defender but actually been getting around amazingly well in my old BMW on winter tyres.

Enjoy :)
And from your lower post, the nature reserve sounds like a bonus if ever there was one.

Good news re winter tyres too (y) Still need a defender though imo, with the full rack, and bivi on top ;)

Had a Defender for a year Y reg TD5 back in 2002, sold it and bought a 6K Shogun, the Shogun was absolutely brilliant (except on fuel!), a real go anywhere vehicle with a degree of refinement that the Defender didn't have. 8 inches of snow, not a problem, even pulled the UPS van out of a ditch while the Shogun was on sheet ice, a deeply impressive vehicle - and cheap to service (and nothing went wrong!). But M&S types on my daily driver Saab also worked a treat

Am I doing something very wrong? I have Lightroom Version 6.14 and want to import a few RAF files I have taken on my Fuji X100V but Lightroom says it can't import them. I just want to convert to Jpeg and will never use RAW again (I have a Nikon for that) but I find even programs like Irfanview won't read the files and I had to download a plugin for WIndows Photos to see them (and even then it's very slow). How can I get them into Lightroom?

Adobe dng converter or fuji software should do it

Here is my old boy we sadly had to go our separate lives last year, when he finally had his last sleep after 15 years of companionship his final sleep and farewell will be a year to the day next Wednesday 17th February
This was taken on his birthday 2017.
Birthday Boy by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Here is my old boy we sadly had to go our separate lives last year, when he finally had his last sleep after 15 years of companionship his final sleep and farewell will be a year to the day next Wednesday 17th February

Love him. I’ll bet he never had a bad day in his life.

It's very sad when a family pet dies, we lost 2 cats last year, and I know a lot of people don't like them, but to us they were part of the family. We had one for 9 year, the other 6, the kids grew up with them and to them, it was like a family member dying. Lovely dog :) and I'm sure like me, you have tonnes of great pics of him to cherish.

It's very sad when a family pet dies, we lost 2 cats last year, and I know a lot of people don't like them, but to us they were part of the family. We had one for 9 year, the other 6, the kids grew up with them and to them, it was like a family member dying.

People who don’t like cats must have been mice in a previous life.

It's over a year since our old dog, a kelpie/collie Sali, died, and it is still raw and I get a pang when I think about her. We have a new dog now, a kelpie/huntaway Lili and she's fantastic and in no way inferior, but I still miss the special things Sali did. She would smile, a big cheesy grin when I came in in the evening. She had a sense of humour, and laughed at running jokes she had like trying to nibble my shoelaces when we turned for home on a walk. She'd do that and look up and laugh. She'd fetch sticks and hand them to me, hold them up for me to take. Had natural manners, would thank me for drying her off after a walk, or come and find me and say thanks for giving her her dinner. Visitors would come round and I'd say to her, come and be a pussycat, and she would spring agilely, land perfectly on my knees, and sit there being a cat. Laughing.
I hope 17th goes well. We miss them all.

Last edited:

Really love the 2nd photo

I've got my eye on a Samyang 100mm macro. With spring and brighter days [hopefully] incoming, I do love a spot of macro, it is a lens I've been eager to try for some time too

I treated myself to the viltrox 85mm this week, here's a few pics from the first test of it taken on the xt30. Still getting to grips with shooting manual so any feedback on settings would be great.
Both I had shutter set to 1/250 and aperture 5.6 so I was only really adjusting the iso during my walk. Colour pic was on iso 400 and black and white at 1600. White balance was set to 'daylight' or 'day' can't remember the name of it, usually I'd just go auto though.

DSCF0605-2 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF0646 by Tom A, on Flickr

It doesn't look as if you are doing anything wrong to me.

I treated myself to the viltrox 85mm this week, here's a few pics from the first test of it taken on the xt30. Still getting to grips with shooting manual so any feedback on settings would be great.
Both I had shutter set to 1/250 and aperture 5.6 so I was only really adjusting the iso during my walk. Colour pic was on iso 400 and black and white at 1600. White balance was set to 'daylight' or 'day' can't remember the name of it, usually I'd just go auto though.

DSCF0605-2 by Tom A, on Flickr

DSCF0646 by Tom A, on Flickr

Are you 'shooting from the hip' when taking these? i.e, are you on the move? Looking closer on Flickr there seems a touch of camera shake in the colour image [check the brick work and the man, there's a tiny bit of motion like you moved while firing. You could up the ISO a stop to 800 and this would allow you to double the shutter speed. Or, you could have shot at F/4, which allows for the same. It's just a matter of balance, you'll get a feel for what settings suit the situation, after some time you can look at a scene and dial in the settings before taking a shot. I love driving people nuts by saying things like 'That's ISO 3200 weather right there" :D You're doing fine though, being new to manual settings, took me a while to really get the exposure triangle into my head. But it does become second nature. On the move, shooting street though, I would prefer going with a semi auto mode , I like Aperture priority, set that and the camera will take care of shutter speed and ISO -some prefer shutter priority where 'freezing' the moment without any motion blur is important. I don't mind any of these modes, there's little between them only full manual is better suited to when you can take your time each shot.

Last edited:
I knew this would happen - had a perfect opportunity yesterday and would usually have gone to the cupboard to get the camera - had I not have sold it :rolleyes:

So here I am, having frittered the money I got back when I sold the V, and more, on a rusty old Volkswagen, I now can't afford to buy another V.

Fancy a bit of a challenge - what is the cheapest Fuji X I can buy?

Answers on a postcard please (y)

Back