The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

All I will say is that it's been a while for me since I last posted in this thread - lockdown has really robbed me of my photographic mojo.

Today though marked the first day of free movement across Scotland so we headed up north as a family to Aviemore. I decided to pocket the X100F incase something popped a bit of wind in my sails.
I came away quite liking this image taken from within the Highland Wildlife Park.

Lone tree by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Ok, I would appreciate any advice about a 'polarizing filter' for my Fuji XF10-24mm lens please...? Anyone use one on their XF10-24mm with good results..?

Any make you would suggest....Hoya.....? It's a 72mm filter size.

Cheers!
Used hoya on other cameras and they were ok, find them a right pain to clean. They all work the same so mainly its down to budget, fitment option and convenience

I have used the Formatt Hitech and now the Kase polarizers both of which fit the respective filter holder,

If i was buying now id look at the Kase magnetic option or for a slightly more budget option the K&F version

I was out on Dartmoor yesterday, snapping away happily when I suddenly noticed the aperture showing f0 and the lens wouldn't focus. The screen/EVF started flickering and I got an error message "lens control error".

This concerned me as the lens (XF 10-24) and body aren't all that old. I swapped lenses to the 16-55 and got the same thing, but it was intermittent. This had me slightly worried and I started thinking about making a move hime and arranging a repair with fujifilm. Anyway, as I was sitting on a rock contemplating what to do and trying to figure out what was going on I noticed, when changing the lenses again, that they both seemed a bit 'wobbly'. On close inspection I noticed that nearly all of the screws that hold the mount ring to the body had come loose! I managed to get them tightened up with a small gadget I had in my camera bag and, voila! the problem is solved.

Just a cursory message to say, it may be worth checking to see that yours are all tight too. Hopefully I won't have that problem again, but at least now i'll be checking them regularly, and I count myself lucky that I didn't lose any or get any stripped threads in the body.

Anyone use the XC 15-45mm OIS lens as an out & about lens...? Seems good value for the money..?

mac

I have one on an X-T1 and it works really well, nice and small and light and has decent reach for 'out and about', it's pretty sharp too.

I took the X-T3 out birding yesterday, unfortunately the subjects were a bit too far away for anything decent, but that upgrade to focussing is bloody brilliant!

Used hoya on other cameras and they were ok, find them a right pain to clean. They all work the same so mainly its down to budget, fitment option and convenience

I have used the Formatt Hitech and now the Kase polarizers both of which fit the respective filter holder,

If i was buying now id look at the Kase magnetic option or for a slightly more budget option the K&F version

I have the Kase magnetic polariser and I can honestly sat it’s the best polariser I have used so far, I use it with adapter on my 16-80 and 70-300 lenses

I have the Kase magnetic polariser and I can honestly sat it’s the best polariser I have used so far, I use it with adapter on my 16-80 and 70-300 lenses
i have the magnetic one for the square holder. My only gripe with Kase is that I have the K8 holder, They have improved it with the K9 and in doing so made the polariser larger and there is no backwards compatability. The circular magnetic system has been made in sizes that niether of these can work with so you cant just added bits. A 10 or more likely for me,16stop ND, would be brilliant

All I will say is that it's been a while for me since I last posted in this thread - lockdown has really robbed me of my photographic mojo.

Today though marked the first day of free movement across Scotland so we headed up north as a family to Aviemore. I decided to pocket the X100F incase something popped a bit of wind in my sails.
I came away quite liking this image taken from within the Highland Wildlife Park.

Cracking shot - welcome back :cool:
Being allowed outside without an excuse lifted my mood somewhat too.

Very nice landscape style Fujigraph Stuart, well composed with good colour and a nice sky.

Thank you George, hope you are comfortable and recovering well!

Many thanks Nick, getting pretty much used to it now. I go back to the workshop (hospital) this coming Tuesday for an assessment and hopefully have a less restrictive cast thing put on. I'll probably get a dressing down for modifying this cast as well. :) :)

Nice, your'e not helping me in my quest to stay away from motorcycles....
Do you own any 2-wheel machinery these days Rick?
I'm so lucky to own two machines in my garage/stable, big Scooter and a V-Strom DL1000, best of both worlds I believe.

A mate of mine owns 105 motorcycles....wOw...!

Cheers;
Pete

Last edited:
Do you own any 2-wheel machinery these days Rick?
I'm so lucky to own two machines in my garage/stable, big Scooter and a V-Strom DL1000, best of both worlds I believe.

A mate of mine owns 105 motorcycles....wOw...!

Cheers;
Pete
Nope, I sold my last 4 a couple of years ago. I've promised myself I'm not going to have any more, but days like this, and pictures like yours make it very hard!

Nice, your'e not helping me in my quest to stay away from motorcycles....

Nope, I sold my last 4 a couple of years ago. I've promised myself I'm not going to have any more, but days like this, and pictures like yours make it very hard!

I‘ve been the same seeing all the @macvisual posts :rolleyes:

Was riding bikes on and off for 16 years. Sold my last one (Triumph Speed Triple) 4 years ago and promised the wife I would hang up my helmet - I escaped coming off/being knocked off and getting any points over the years so it was the sensible thing to do and I was probably on borrowed time - but this time of year (used to start with the Ace Cafe Southend Shakedown at Easter) and through the summer I really miss it.

Just sold the bug so got money burning a hole in the old pocket again - probably going to explore hot hatches next :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Was riding bikes on and off for 16 years. Sold my last one (Triumph Speed Triple) 4 years ago and promised the wife I would hang up my helmet - I escaped coming off/being knocked off and getting any points over the years so it was the sensible thing to do and I was probably on borrowed time - but this time of year (used to start with the Ace Cafe Southend Shakedown at Easter) and through the summer I really miss it.

Just sold the bug so got money burning a hole in the old pocket again - probably going to explore hot hatches next :ROFLMAO:
Hi Alan;
Yes, once you have the 2-wheel bug it's so hard to shake off, I've been doing it for 40+ years and still loving it and passionate today...!!
My big Honda 600cc Scooter purchase last July was a bit dubious....(?)....but turned out such a fabulous machine, it doesn't do warp-factor speeds which keeps your head cool and license etc, more sensible and twist n' go automatic fun...! My Suzuki V-strom has hardly been used since I picked it up....

Cheers;
Pete

When I had to give up with bikes, my love of Mini's quickly ensued. I'm on my 5th now, my 4th JCW. Mrs has a Mini, and my son has had two..... It's a family thing!

When I bought my last bike I decided to go the more sensible route, I have previously had the BMW S1000RR and was buying a new M3, so decided to get the S1000R instead of the latest RR model, unfortunately it was even more mental. So six years on, I still have (and love) the M3, though I am tempted to get something else as well, either hot hatch, or some sort of 2 seater. I finally sold the S1000R, highly modified Blackbird (featured in Performance Bikes) , GSXR750K1 and CB500 commuter (which I probably should have kept. Since then I have spent most of my cash on photography gear.

We are going to Devon tomorrow to stay here and am hoping to get some good pictures, as well as some drone shots if allowed...

Let me introduce you to...'Alfie', our new ten week old collie, he's hard work for sure, a typical pup into everything....but fun. My first capture of him.

Alfie by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-E1 -- XF55-200
Very cute! We collect our puppy next Friday.

I was worried about my other 'alf on his Street Triple, so got my licence and got one too ;) . Was fun but also sold them about 4 years ago. He is working on an old Suzuki now turning it into a scrambler. Will be fun to ride to work in the summer (we may fight over it though).

A close call and if I didn't have my camera, I would've got got!
X-T3 + Viltrox 23
Nearly got got by Donna White, on Flickr
wOw Donna, really love the effect on this fabulous capture, that Viltrox 23mm renders beautifully. Wonderful capture/processing!

Regards;
Pete

Back