The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Decided on selling my X-H1 & grip, would consider XF lens/s as possible trade just for info.

I've too many Fuji bodies right now.

Cheers;
Pete

Pete trust me you can never have to many Fuji Cameras 7 x Dslr Fuji bodies 13x X bodies 7xfilm bodies 2x compacts
im sure you’ve guessed by now I :fuji::fuji::fuji: and:nikon::olympus::pentax: ok with :canon: I just love photography I guess I’m just a Gear whore:runaway:

Starting to really get back into street photography after lockdown, with the recently-acquired X-E2.

Incognito
by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph Garry, well composed with good use of the available light and a nice punchy mono presentation.

Thanks, George. I was playing with the idea of how one could use light and negative space to imply movement and intent.

Well its certainly worked with that one Garry, the concentration of the dark areas leading to the light areas forces one to look at the main part of the shot.

I know I've posted this before, but Amy was lost to cancer recently, and her family have asked me for some of the photo's I took of her.

This was her just after completing her "Brave the Shave" fundraiser. Like anything, she just threw herself into it and laughed out the other side. I hope that's how she'll be remembered. She left a husband and 3 young children.

Amy1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I know I've posted this before, but Amy was lost to cancer recently, and her family have asked me for some of the photo's I took of her.

This was her just after completing her "Brave the Shave" fundraiser. Like anything, she just threw herself into it and laughed out the other side. I hope that's how she'll be remembered. She left a husband and 3 young children.

Amy1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Nice one Steve

Folks; I've shot with the XT4 before but it was a while back; can I ask anyone who has used both; how much better is the EVF on the XT4 v the XH1?

I recently bought a cracking Minolta 70-210 MD f4 off of the forum; I've shot it on my XH1 and to be honest manual focusing is pretty dire on the EVF in that; its a dream to focus on an A7r3 I've tried it on tonight (which has an excellent EVF)...

Wonder how that is? they have similar evfs - same res. I've used the H1 to MF and never had a problem, wonder is it some setting you have on there?

I took this a couple of weeks ago (don't think I've put it up here yet), was with my X-T3 + 16-80. I wish I had the 70-300 as there was a cow over on the hill and that would've made a great shot too. The 70-300 is still on my wish list, and although I would prefer better bokeh and f2.8, I don't want the extra weight.

Please do tell me if I have already posted this.

Peaking out the mist by Donna White, on Flickr

Folks; I've shot with the XT4 before but it was a while back; can I ask anyone who has used both; how much better is the EVF on the XT4 v the XH1?

I recently bought a cracking Minolta 70-210 MD f4 off of the forum; I've shot it on my XH1 and to be honest manual focusing is pretty dire on the EVF in that; its a dream to focus on an A7r3 I've tried it on tonight (which has an excellent EVF)...

Open up your aperture.

Hi Fuji owners. I've been a bit frustrated with my focusing skills lately. Can't say I've had trouble before but here goes. Took quite a few photos today and I'm not happy with how I've sorted focusing with any of them! This photo should be simple enough with my Xe3 and 18-55 lens...aperture priority...1/80sec..f8...ISO 500. I thought at f8 I would get a little depth of field but I think it's difficult to see where I actually focused in the scene. I used single point focus. What do you think your settings would have been compared with mine to get a better focused photo? Or perhaps considering my settings the photo is as expected? Any input gratefully received.

what focal length was the lens set to, and how close is the foreground to you (the photographer). At F8 with a landscape shot just about everything should be in focus if you focus about a third of the way into the scene, but if you are close to the subject, you often need to move the focus point closer to you or decrease the aperture by moving to F11 or even F16

Same lens at 18mm at F9, single point focus, focus point about 1/3 way up the yellow sunflowers, 1/400 ISO200

Perigord Sunflowers sm
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Wonder how that is? they have similar evfs - same res. I've used the H1 to MF and never had a problem, wonder is it some setting you have on there?

I did wonder; I looked and the spec is basically the same; I don't know what I'd done the first time but seemed fine when I tried again last night!

A mono conversion of one of the pictures taken while walking in Devon earlier in the week.

51129887472_c388231577_o by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Lovely - bet those tractors have some stories to tell

Being a ten week old puppy it's hard to capture them still.

Alfie

Alfie by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-E1

Was it raining? Lovely shot of a doggy but wondered what created that bokeh?

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a lady looking like she's doing a survey and possibly eyeing up subjects.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/350th @ F6.4, ISO-200, Handheld.
On A Survey-03525 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

A survey of peoples shoes? :ROFLMAO:
Great capture

I did wonder; I looked and the spec is basically the same; I don't know what I'd done the first time but seemed fine when I tried again last night!

I remember having issues with some cameras where I'd have hit a setting unknowingly and be frustrated with it, one in particular being how the evf changes to a constant preview when you stick a flash unit on. I have my cameras set to do this nowadays but was a time I didn't know why I wasn't seeing exposure changes in the evf or LCD even with the flash off. That is one culprit you could check, if set to constant preview then you won't see any changes in exposure/film sims etc - it's designed to give a solid bright view when using flash in dark areas, very useful for macro when you use off cam flash for example at very small apertures - it could affect composing in MF if you use the likes of peaking [I never do, I just use zoom focus to check]

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of what I think is the power section of an old Discarded Winch, possibly used for hauling fishing boats or the catch etc up the beach from the sea. Its just one of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been discarded and left behind.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look to this snap to emphasise the rust & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/680th @ F8, ISO-200, Tripod.
Discarded Winch Power Section-03455 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Birling Gap Fuji XT3 + XF 16-80

h5cal85.jpg

Last edited:
Woken up by that bleeding Pheasant strutting around on top of the fence like he owns the place! Quite a decent frost over night too, can just be seen in the fields.

All a bit dark as I can't be bothered doing any PP on them since they are just snaps, these are all X-T1 Jpegs for a change. I always love the colours this old thing comes out with,

DSCF9425.jpgDSCF9455.jpgDSCF9456.jpgDSCF9468.jpgDSCF9474.jpg

Back