The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Somehow I don`t think "YESTERDAY" is quite what they meant ;)

:thinking: Do you think maybe I should give it an hour or two today as well then? Only I've got a hell of a lot of life to catch up on. :):)

:thinking: Do you think maybe I should give it an hour or two today as well then? Only I've got a hell of a lot of life to catch up on. :):)
Take it slow, “your Health is your Wealth”.

Hope your on the mend soon...!!

Kick back a little....

Best wishes for recovery;
Peter

Take it slow, “your Health is your Wealth”.

Hope your on the mend soon...!!

Kick back a little....

Best wishes for recovery;
Peter

Thank you kindly Peter, appreciate your reply. (y)

I reckon at least two today, and maybe one tomorrow. Then a box of bandaids, for those "just in case" moments ;)

We went out for for walk in one of our local National Trust Gardens yesterday. Very sunny, so tricky conditions in the light and shade. I was happy with this one - a welsh poppy in the shade, lit by a shaft of sunlight. XH1 and Laowa 65mm macro
View: https://flic.kr/p/2m43dgV

I've boosted the contrast a bit to get the detail on the petals.

We went out for for walk in one of our local National Trust Gardens yesterday. Very sunny, so tricky conditions in the light and shade. I was happy with this one - a welsh poppy in the shade, lit by a shaft of sunlight. XH1 and Laowa 65mm macro
View: https://flic.kr/p/2m43dgV

I've boosted the contrast a bit to get the detail on the petals.
wOw Brian.....beautiful..! That kind of photography is right up my street......stunning Sir!

Regards;
Peter

Afternoon, hope you are all doing well.

And one of the latest toy....

Mini JCW
by The Development, on Flickr

Lovely motor mate, you obviously have great taste :). I'm on my 5th Mini, 4th JCW. Mrs has a Mini, my lad has had two.... We love Mini's even more than Fuji's !

Watch those wheels, that convex design leaves the spokes exposed to the kerb. I know through experience!!

Lovely motor mate, you obviously have great taste :). I'm on my 5th Mini, 4th JCW. Mrs has a Mini, my lad has had two.... We love Mini's even more than Fuji's !

Watch those wheels, that convex design leaves the spokes exposed to the kerb. I know through experience!!

Thanks (y)
Pleased with it so far - only had this one a couple of weeks but have had several Minis, as well as a gen1 R53 and gen2 R56 MINI in the past. It's a fun little b*gger.
Yes, they do look fairly easy to kerb ! I believe it is due to the bigger JCW front brakes that the spokes are designed like that. Thinking about getting them refurbished (not that they need it yet as they are currently immaculate) in a solid colour, getting some spacers as they sit in the arch quite abit and ditching the runflats for some PS4s.

Like it but maybe the flag and the dude in the chair are competing to be the subject ?
I agree with Dave. The horizontal lines lead my eyes across to the right and get blocked by the flag. But if you cloned it out, would the photo have the same immediate impact? I don't think so.
Thanks so much for your comments - I do agree the flag may be competing, and probably I was just too lazy to try and clone it out. But then the guy in the wheelchair needs a bit more space on the left, but it was blocked out by a monument. Once again, thanks and I might try playing about with it a little more.

"I've Done It Again"

Would you believe it I've actually got yet another snap in "Flickr Explore" today, and at the risk of blowing my own trumpet (as they say) and appearing big headed I do actually quite like this snap myself :) :) . It's one I shot from the South Bank back in 2019 but have never used and is called "My London (9)" if anyone fancies taking a look, and it will eventually find its way on to this thread.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had a lens that basically just turns the camera off and on repeatedly? My OH finally got hold of a 70-300mm and we took it out yesterday eve. It was fine to start with but after a while it wouldn't work, and just basically turned the camera off and on repeatedly (screen turns on and lens makes a little whirring sound, then the screen turns off and lens clicks, and it does this until you take the battery out. Literally like you're turning the camera off and on quickly). I assumed it was just her camera dying (X-T20) but I tried it on my X-T2 and it did the same thing. I was going to ring Wex this morning but the lens seems to be behaving now. Not sure if it just had a funny five minutes or if it's broken. My worry is sending it back to Wex and them not being able to replicate the issue.

I'm on the verge of buying an X-E4 with the 27mm WR, but I want to buy the TR-XE4 thumb rest too. I'm struggling to find this in stock anywhere, does anyone on here have any info as to when they're going to be available?

My buddy & me on Abbostbury Hill on Saturday. We had a great drive, and the view from here was great. Just as I put the camera away 11 Porches turned up, filling this parking bay and the next two further along the road....

Soul Mates by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
That is an awesome road, and the views too! A popular one for motorbikes too heading for West Bay (but quite often speed cameras...). Love the minis

That is an awesome road, and the views too! A popular one for motorbikes too heading for West Bay (but quite often speed cameras...). Love the minis

Thanks Donna, we met up at Studland and made our way along the coast and then North on the B roads up to Sherborne, and took the A30 to Shaftesbury, ending up at my place in Mere. My mate then made his way back to Sussex after a late lunch. It was a great day....

I’ve an itch for a XF35mm f/1.4 - I love the file output as I’ve owned one before.
I love mine, it'll compliment your XP1 and XE1 beautifully :)

Yesterday I found my X-H1 struggling to focus while taking some pictures of a friends wedding (low light, low contrast and edge focusing point), made me start wondering if waiting for the X-H2 was rather pointless, so having not paid any attention to any new models since the 1 was released I'm now beginning to think I might need to look at a newer body.
So all you experts, what have the newer models got over the 1 in terms of focus speed especially in low-ish light, but also for moving stuff, like motorsports.
I've been very happy with the 1 in every other way, but got too many out-of-focus shots for my liking.
X-4 maybe ?
Lenses used were 16-55 f2.8 and 40-150 f2.8 so it's not a case of slow lenses btw.
Thanks for any help !

Yesterday I found my X-H1 struggling to focus while taking some pictures of a friends wedding (low light, low contrast and edge focusing point), made me start wondering if waiting for the X-H2 was rather pointless, so having not paid any attention to any new models since the 1 was released I'm now beginning to think I might need to look at a newer body.
So all you experts, what have the newer models got over the 1 in terms of focus speed especially in low-ish light, but also for moving stuff, like motorsports.
I've been very happy with the 1 in every other way, but got too many out-of-focus shots for my liking.
X-4 maybe ?
Lenses used were 16-55 f2.8 and 40-150 f2.8 so it's not a case of slow lenses btw.
Thanks for any help !

The only answer I can offer to this is, until I decided to use freelance photographers for my high end motorsport (including F1) business we as a company were using X-H1 units exclusively for all of my staff photographers without any problems with regards to focusing whatsoever. We also used these units in low light (evening meetings) and never experienced a focusing problem.

As you can imagine an F1 car tends to move a tad quicker than anything at a wedding so in all honesty I wonder if maybe some of the settings you have on your X-H1 could do with a bit of tweaking for what you are shooting. As for wedding work the X-H1 should absolutely walk it, low light included.

Last edited:
Back