The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My enthusiasm for photography seems to be fading but I'm desperate to get up to Scotland over the summer and photo the highlands so to try and rekindle my love for Photography, I took the Fuji up to the Lake District last Wednesday, cold, wet, miserable day but surprisingly, very enjoyable...

They are no award winners, but here's a couple of Ambleside

Ambleside by Adam P, on Flickr

Ambleside Waterhead by Adam P, on Flickr

Just a bit of help please. I have just noticed that my image size is set to M 3:2 and I no longer have the option for L 3:2, this is due to me choosing the MS option, when I switch to ES I'm able to choose L3:2, So what am I best off shooting with MS or ES?

Have you sorted it yet?

Last edited:
It's been a week of tests for me.
Test 1: Can I remember where my cameras are? - Took slightly longer than I would have liked.
Test 2: Can I take a camera out of the house and take some pictures? - If 2 counts as some then I scraped a pass.
Test 3: Upload pictures to PC - Managed this within hours of getting home.
Test 4: Upload from PC and post a picture here - This part took a few days but here it is.

Not sure if it was really worth it but it's the better of the 2 I took :)

DSCF5731 by barrysprout, on Flickr

Test 1: Can I remember where my cameras are? - Took slightly longer than I would have liked.
Test 2: Can I take a camera out of the house and take some pictures? - If 2 counts as some then I scraped a pass.
Test 4: Upload from PC and post a picture here - This part took a few days but here it is.

Lovely composition so it was worth it

A snap of a Greenfinch, taken about 30 minutes ago in the, currently very rare, early morning sunshine:

X-Pro2; XF100-400 + XF2xTC @ 800mm; f11; 1/480; ISO500

Hold tight, I've actually been out with the camera today. Not just that, I've done a bit of editing too! The bug must be coming back. After almost 2 years of living 20 minutes away, we have eventually been to see "The Henge". As National Trust members get in for free, it's a cheap afternoon out.

I tried colour, then I desaturated them, but then preferred them in mono...

Stonehenge 1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Stonehenge 2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Stonehenge 3 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Hold tight, I've actually been out with the camera today. Not just that, I've done a bit of editing too! The bug must be coming back. After almost 2 years of living 20 minutes away, we have eventually been to see "The Henge". As National Trust members get in for free, it's a cheap afternoon out.

Great pictures Steve, I particularly like the middle one.

I have to agree with Donna, the second shot takes the composition prize.
But I do like that you switched on the "Dyson AirHenge" to blow a hole in the clouds for the third shot :)

Nice images. I've never been myself. When I look at them I feel like there's an image to be had if you place them like an American desert with table top mountains. Or maybe I'm just crazy? Haha

Mission accomplished and yes, it was worth it (y)

Great pictures Steve, I particularly like the middle one.

I have to agree with Donna, the second shot takes the composition prize.
But I do like that you switched on the "Dyson AirHenge" to blow a hole in the clouds for the third shot :)

Thanks, I like the 2nd one too. The 3rd one (with the hole in the clouds) presented itself as we walked around the stones.

These were all shot with 7 exposures, and blending 4 or 5 of them. It's so easy to do with the X range, you just have to have a little patience when using Lightroom.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of a gentleman with his dog sitting in the park next to a statue of a guy called Dave Lee a well known and loved performer in the Kent area who sadly passed away a time or two back.

Once We Were Mates-03537 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Last edited:
Well it looks like I’m coming here from the Sony forum. Took my A7iii and three lenses to LCE for pt exchange. Will be picking up a X-Pro 3, 16-55 f2.8 and 23 f1.4 next Tuesday. Had a play with the X-Pro 3 in the shop again and love it. I learnt on an all manual Vito B and then an AE-1. Love the quality feel and the dials on the Fuji.

Well it looks like I’m coming here from the Sony forum. Took my A7iii and three lenses to LCE for pt exchange. Will be picking up a X-Pro 3, 16-55 f2.8 and 23 f1.4 next Tuesday. Had a play with the X-Pro 3 in the shop again and love it. I learnt on an all manual Vito B and then an AE-1. Love the quality feel and the dials on the Fuji.

congrats:fuji:

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of a gentleman with his dog sitting in the park next to a statue of a guy called Dave Lee a well known and loved performer in the Kent area who sadly passed away a time or two back.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/110th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Once We Were Mates-03537 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:
Love this, and great detail

Welcome, I was debating on the Sony when first looking at mirrorless, and it does seem they are great cameras - but then I don't regret going to Fuji at all, and take my camera out so much more because of the size and fun of using it.

Welcome, I was debating on the Sony when first looking at mirrorless, and it does seem they are great cameras - but then I don't regret going to Fuji at all, and take my camera out so much more because of the size and fun of using it.
Same here, my mirrorless shortlist was Sony and Fuji. It was a toss-up between the two, but the retro, more manual style of the Fuji won the day.

Did anyone get some good shots from the blood moon last night? I went out, knowing I don't have a decent length zoom, so got some shots but really wishing I did have at least the 70-300 (although it sounds like I may need longer than that?)
X-T3 + 16-80
View attachment 319689

Very nice Fujigraph Donna, personally I think this interpretation works very well indeed. With a longer lens sure you would have got a closer view of the moon but you'd have lost all those lovely reflections & surroundings.

"Just my opinion of course for what its worth"

Hi all. I don't know if much has been covered previously about NR and Sharpening settings but do you guys have particular settings that you stick to that give good results with your jpegs?

Hi all. I don't know if much has been covered previously about NR and Sharpening settings but do you guys have particular settings that you stick to that give good results with your jpegs?
It really depends on the type of jpegs you want to produce and the generation of sensor in your Fuji camera

Lots of "recipes" here

Remember you can store these "recipes" in-camera using the Q-button menu. It means that you can effectively have a whole series of "films" loaded into your camera at any one time providing you with the jpegs of your choice.

Last edited:
Back