The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Very nice Fujigraph Donna, personally I think this interpretation works very well indeed. With a longer lens sure you would have got a closer view of the moon but you'd have lost all those lovely reflections & surroundings.

:agree:

Well I have been and gone and done it again. Just ordered another X-T4 with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-200 lens. I am determined to crack the use of the t4 at the third attempt. Tried lifting my bag onto my shoulders, I only just made it without falling over.I have just spent a lot of time looking at the setup for the T4, so lets hope it is going to be okay this time.
If I have more insurmountable problems again the CO will kill me.

Last edited:
Well I have been and gone and done it again. Just ordered another X-T4 with a 18-55mm lens and a 55-200 lens. I am determined to crack the use of the t4 at the third attempt. Tried lifting my bag onto my shoulders, I only just made it without falling over.I have just spent a lot of time looking at the setup for the T4, so lets hope it is going to be okay this time.
If I have more insurmountable problems again the CO will kill me.

Don't forget we’re here to help. Good luck this time around.

Popped down to Sheffield Park (Bluebell Railway) this morning, to see if there was anything worth shooting, and managed to snap this beastie ...

H1 16-55

The Pioneer by Paulie-W, on Flickr

You could have said "Hi" to my Dad, we scattered his ashes in the firebox of one of the trains down there. He was a regular volunteer until he became unwell.

That's a nice capture...

Close up of a carnation

X-Pro2; XF16-55 @ 55mm (with 20mm extender); f10; ISO 640; 1/250

You could have said "Hi" to my Dad, we scattered his ashes in the firebox of one of the trains down there. He was a regular volunteer until he became unwell.

That's a nice capture...

Ah, mate I probably did ;)
But it is a pretty cool ststion, and i`m glad it`s open again.

Finally upgraded from my X-Pro1 to an X-Pro3 (in Dura Black of course). I was an early adopter to the system but I ended up shooting more and more film so my digital bodies (a D800E and Ricoh GR as well) never really got upgraded over the years, I have to say the new X-Pro is awesome and a lot of the complaints are non issues for my use. I paired it with a 23mm f/2 (to accompany my 18mm f/2 and 35mm f/1.4). Focusing is fast and accurate and yeah, I love the hidden screen. The new EVF makes focusing my M-mount glass a breeze as well. It's definitely a 'If You Know, You Know' kind of camera and I love that Fuji was crazy enough to make a camera like this. Also the lack of 18mm framelines doesn't bother me at all, the entire OVF is a close enough approximation - if you want accurate framing just switch to the EVF or buy an XT4/XT3.

2zBsocr.jpg

voDiUPN.jpg

5BQrEoq.jpg

rGwckkg.jpg

zrQdnYC.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up my X-Pro3 this afternoon. Was looking to attached my PD anchors and from looking online I should be able to push some inserts out of the holes, which makes them bigger. I can’t seem to do that so for the time being I’ve attached them to the metal clips, which is fine but rattles a little bit. Anyone any ideas?

Picked up my X-Pro3 this afternoon. Was looking to attached my PD anchors and from looking online I should be able to push some inserts out of the holes, which makes them bigger. I can’t seem to do that so for the time being I’ve attached them to the metal clips, which is fine but rattles a little bit. Anyone any ideas?

I can post some pictures of how not to make them rattle tomorrow, images on work computer

OK here you go - it will take you about 30 mins how to do it first time :banghead:, and the second one will be a doddle :D

1i7yz6Sh.jpg

CqVklC5h.jpg

And the explanation one :)

3YRZ8WRh.jpg

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a young lady doing a bit of street singing.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/420th @ F4.8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Street Performer (9)-03536 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

After my trip to Stonehenge last week, we followed it up by dropping in to Stourhead. It's only 5 minutes away from us so we made a PM booking and just wandered around the lake. I went out with just the T3 & 35mm f1.4. I haven't gone out with single prime lens in years, it was more enjoyable than I thought.

Here's 3 of the set I put on Flickr.

Stourhead View 1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Stourhead View 2 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Stourhead Flower 1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

"It Made Explore" :) :)

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at the South Bank London UK (at night) of one of the ornate benches along the Embankment.
As you can see this snap has a bit of noise etc which doesn't bother me in any way, but as there was a little bit in the original file I decided to emphasize it a bit to give a filmy type grainy effect.

My London (6)-03539 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Last edited:
:) :) :) :) :beer:

Finally more or less now back to firing on all cylinders.

I went back to the workshop first thing this morning to have the final stage done to my broken thigh repair. The surgeon & team had to cut open my thigh etc and remove the support sleeve thing from around the bone and stick & sew everything back together again. It took about an hour and a half in all and I didn't feel a thing even though I was awake all the time and it was very interesting to watch via a monitor above my head. Back in the ward now and I'll have to stay here for at least until tomorrow just to make sure everything is alright. I'll need to be a bit cautious for a while but other than that "One Happy Bunny"

I went back to the workshop first thing this morning to have the final stage done to my broken thigh repair. The surgeon & team had to cut open my thigh etc and remove the support sleeve thing from around the bone and stick & sew everything back together again. It took about an hour and a half in all and I didn't feel a thing even though I was awake all the time and it was very interesting to watch via a monitor above my head. Back in the ward now and I'll have to stay here for at least until tomorrow just to make sure everything is alright. I'll need to be a bit cautious for a while but other than that "One Happy Bunny"
Good news, hope everything heals well and quickly

Good to hear. Ask them for screenshots and have them printed on a Tee Shirt..

I watched when they stuck a camera in my arm which went up in to my artery just below my heart, fascinating. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Good to hear. Ask them for screenshots and have them printed on a Tee Shirt..

Thank you kindly Trevor, appreciate your reply.(y)

"That's a great idea matey, I'll see if it's possible"

I watched when they stuck a camera in my arm which went up in to my artery just below my heart, fascinating. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Thank you kindly Steve, appreciate your reply.(y)

"That sounds very similar to an angiogram"

Great news, George (y)

Now all ya gotta do, is take it easy (at least for a while) ;)

Back