The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks, George. it's all of those things and more. Tasty, appetising, and long gone. :D

Oh, forgot to say, it was taken with my X30 compact. Gets excellent photos for such a tiny sensor.

I've also still got an X30 (not X-T30) that I've recently brought out of retirement. As you say they can produce some really good images for such a tiny sensor. I had an X20 that I gave away but always thought that the X20 produced sharper images than the X30 although they are exactly the same lens & sensor. My shots of "The Old Signal Box" and "Passing The Time" that I posted recently were both shot using my X30.

Last edited:
I used to work in Brick Lane, No 1 is a Data centre, on the corner of Wentworth St. That was over 20 years ago...

So did I but that was 45 years ago. :eek: I did one of my degree's industrial training sessions with Banque Nationale de Paris which had its data centre there.

Got an issue with my X-T20, when inserted, every memory card displays the message "CARD ERROR" on screen, I've formatted them fully via PC and formatted in camera and it's made no difference... anyone have any suggestions?

Got an issue with my X-T20, when inserted, every memory card displays the message "CARD ERROR" on screen, I've formatted them fully via PC and formatted in camera and it's made no difference... anyone have any suggestions?
Did you format them using Windows formatter? If so then get the program 'SD Formatter' and try that as it's a far superior program to the Windows one. If it works then format the card again in camera before use. Apart from that, try a known working SD card in it or if you don't have one the same cards in another camera or readable device to see if they're faulty. If they work then it could be a repair job for Fujifilm.

Last edited:
"Whitstable Oyster Co" This snap made Explore 18/08/21.

I thought it would be appropriate to post this snap today as it's the "Whitstable Oyster Festival" throughout this weekend.

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at Whitstable Kent UK of an old Row Boat that now serves as an advertising prop for an adjoining restaurant.

Whitstable Oyster Co-03563 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Did you format them using Windows formatter? If so then get the program 'SD Formatter' and try that as it's a far superior program to the Windows one. If it works then format the card again in camera before use. Apart from that, try a known working SD card in it or if you don't have one the same cards in another camera or readable device to see if they're faulty. If they work then it could be a repair job for Fujifilm.

I'll give it a download and see if it does the trick, thank you.

Hi all. I have been looking at film recipes to use on my XT-1. I found one for Kodak Portra 400 which looks really nice. The recipe included noise reduction settings of -3 and grain setting Strong.
My custom setting only allows noise reduction to -2 and I can't find a setting to alter grain effect.
Can anyone advise where I may be going wrong please?

Many of the receipies are specific to a camera or generation of camera

If you look on fuji weekly you can view them by camera to see what you can use on your model

"Whitstable Oyster Co" This snap made Explore 18/08/21.

I thought it would be appropriate to post this snap today as it's the "Whitstable Oyster Festival" throughout this weekend.

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at Whitstable Kent UK of an old Row Boat that now serves as an advertising prop for an adjoining restaurant.

Whitstable Oyster Co-03563 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Is that near keams (possibly spelt wrong) yard?

Is that near keams (possibly spelt wrong) yard?

I'm not actually sure of where you mean, It's along the seafront walkway that is at the back of the beach between the main harbour area and the Neptune pub.

A question for the collective please, if I may ...

has anyone use the new (ish) Lee 85 system with the XF10-24 lens, in particular the CPL - and if so does it cause vignetting (like the Lee 100 system CPL does)?

cheers all

I love a 23mm but not at £900!
The current 23mm f1.4 is about £800 and if the rumored price is correct then the new leans is only £100 more. Still expensive but you can argue that the extra £100 is justifiable if the image quality is better and focus is faster. Compare that to the 33mm f1.4 which I am really interested in, that's about £300 more than the 35mm f1.4. OUCH!

The current 23mm f1.4 is about £800 and if the rumored price is correct then the new leans is only £100 more. Still expensive but you can argue that the extra £100 is justifiable if the image quality is better and focus is faster. Compare that to the 33mm f1.4 which I am really interested in, that's about £300 more than the 35mm f1.4. OUCH!
Does anyone actually buy the 23mm 1.4 new these days ? As great as it is it’s grossly overpriced, the last few i’ve had have been used. Having said that i’ve bought the 10-24 WR brand new twice, sent the first one back then realised it’s reasonable value considering the versatility and WR. I’ll take my chances with the 35mm 1.4 and if I manage to break it due to weather exposure I can buy another used one.

Does anyone actually buy the 23mm 1.4 new these days ? As great as it is it’s grossly overpriced, the last few i’ve had have been used. Having said that i’ve bought the 10-24 WR brand new twice, sent the first one back then realised it’s reasonable value considering the versatility and WR. I’ll take my chances with the 35mm 1.4 and if I manage to break it due to weather exposure I can buy another used one.
Good point. The Viltrox 23 is super. The old Fuji 35 f1.4 is magic.

I just joined the fuji club - xpro3 will hopefully fix the Leica itch I've had since I sold my M9 :D All used via Fuji and MBP

I got the 23 f2 (which is awesome) and the 16-80 f4 with it but it's massive - will be going back in favour of the 18-55, even if it's not quite as good quality...

It arrived yesterday, here's my standard modelling setup which I practice on as I get used to it :D
DSCF0051.jpg

Welcome @mikeyt!
I thought long and hard about going for the 16-80, as on paper it seems like an ideal lens (I liked the 24-105 when I shot Canon), but I like the compactness of the 18-55 and have always been happy with the images from it!

Well can't knock the announcements even if my money is safe for now. GFX got a decent boost and X mount not so much a boost as an update. "Meh coupled with ok cool" fair play fujifilm

Back