The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Have a good trip Paul, hope that book is as useful to you as it was for me. (y)

Thanks, Paul :)
Yeah, definitely so good bits in it, for sure. We`re further south (which might actually be a bonus). But not too far to drive to said locales (y)

So I got the fantastic XF90mm f2 in the basket, if I do click buy then all my Sony Full will go up for sale as I know the Fuji X system very well. I really am chuffed to be back with Fuji, but like I said if I get the 90mm then it's all Fuji so thoughts please ?

I will not miss the Sony lot if it goes either.

So I got the fantastic XF90mm f2 in the basket, if I do click buy then all my Sony Full will go up for sale as I know the Fuji X system very well. I really am chuffed to be back with Fuji, but like I said if I get the 90mm then it's all Fuji so thoughts please ?

Take a breath Dave….

Get it, after pausing as Trevor suggested! Wex have some minters in but I suspect you already know that!

It is fantastic on the X-S10 as the IBIS transforms it (which is the reason I bought an X-H1 all those years ago, still got it as I love it!).

Jeeze, Dave :eek:

Slow down a bit, mate ;)

Get it, after pausing as Trevor suggested! Wex have some minters in but I suspect you already know that!

It is fantastic on the X-S10 as the IBIS transforms it (which is the reason I bought an X-H1 all those years ago, still got it as I love it!).

So have you tried the 90mm on the X-S10 ?
On the T3 I know it is the best lens I have ever used, as it's in a class of it's own.

On the T3 I know it is the best lens I have ever used, as it's in a class of it's own.
oh yes, and the 4 and the X-H2s. It is, like you, the finest lens I have ever used but I found that I really did need IBIS to get that sharpness that I didn't quite get on the X-T1. I find that the Smallrig bracket I mentioned this morning is excellent on the X-S10 and 90mm combo.

Many of the older Fuji lenses don't play well on the X-S10, AF is slow on the 56, not sure about the 90.

I am going to get the 90mm again, but will not rush to sell the Sony lot yet.
oh yes, and the 4 and the X-H2s. It is, like you, the finest lens I have ever used but I found that I really did need IBIS to get that sharpness that I didn't quite get on the X-T1. I find that the Smallrig bracket I mentioned this morning is excellent on the X-S10 and 90mm combo.

Just been looking on Amazon at that Smallrig, looks pretty good.

The 90mm f2 is an awesome lens but it is a bit niche. It certainly works well but is not an everyday lens unless you are a serious portrait taker!

The 90mm f2 is an awesome lens but it is a bit niche. It certainly works well but is not an everyday lens unless you are a serious portrait taker!

I have had a good think and I will not get another 90mm, yes it's a fantastic lens and in a class of it's own but I would not use it as much as my other X lenses.

Last edited:
Did a certain somebody not say this ;)

Yes, I think they did :confused:

The problem I have is actually to do with my lifestyle choices and if I fixed those I would be using a camera all the time and not find a reason to sell it….

1. I think about all the amazing places I could go and take pics
2. I buy a camera and get all excited
3. I goto the same places that I always goto (the lounge, the garden, work and local seafront)
4. I take all the same snaps I did last time I was at these places
5. The camera sits in the cupboard unused because I didn’t go anywhere different and got bored
6. After a period of time I get twitchy about having money tied up in something not being used
7. I decide to sell the camera to use the money for something else
8. Goto 1

The problem I have is actually to do with my lifestyle choices and if I fixed those I would be using a camera all the time and not find a reason to sell it….

3. I goto the same places that I always goto (the lounge, the garden, work and local seafront)
5. The camera sits in the cupboard unused because I didn’t go anywhere different and got bored
6. After a period of time I get twitchy about having money tied up in something not being used
8. Goto 1
See 3,and try different places ;)

Welcome back, mate (y)

8. Goto 1
Same here since the lockdowns started. I’ve forced myself to travel out a few times and loved it once there. Unfortunately it now costs a small fortune to travel far.
I’ve hardly touched my fujis for months now. I’ve acquired a large collection of other cameras over the past 12 months, had a buzz then slowed down with them.
I’m enjoying my lumix gx80 more than anything, fits into a pocket with a 12-32 and comes out everywhere. it’s not an x100 but it’s small and light. I bought an om1 with 100-400 to start a bit of wildlife again but not even taken it out of the house yet. I’ve got a brand new s5, it’s not been out either. I’ve enjoyed using my Sigmas but it’s getting the motivation.

Still, summer is almost over and people will be staying at home more (hopefully). Autumns coming too (y)

Just buy an older X100 series camera, then the lots of money tied up in a cupboard can be eliminated from the matrix!

Well it seems I couldn’t buy a new X100V anyway - can’t see any in stock. I enjoyed using the T and the F so this might be the way to go as I do like the rangefinder style.

See 3,and try different places ;)

Welcome back, mate (y)

I think addressing 3 might help with a lot of things actually (y)

Same here since the lockdowns started. I’ve forced myself to travel out a few times and loved it once there. Unfortunately it now costs a small fortune to travel far.
I’ve hardly touched my fujis for months now. I’ve acquired a large collection of other cameras over the past 12 months, had a buzz then slowed down with them.
I’m enjoying my lumix gx80 more than anything, fits into a pocket with a 12-32 and comes out everywhere. it’s not an x100 but it’s small and light. I bought an om1 with 100-400 to start a bit of wildlife again but not even taken it out of the house yet. I’ve got a brand new s5, it’s not been out either. I’ve enjoyed using my Sigmas but it’s getting the motivation.

Still, summer is almost over and people will be staying at home more (hopefully). Autumns coming too (y)

The expenses associated with travelling are not even the main part of the issue - I am a creature of habit and a hermit :ROFLMAO:

I had a Lumix GX9 with a 20mm f1.7 and that was a great combo. Also had a GX1 with the same lens prior to that.

I think we all can get into the ‘too many cameras’ scenario all too easily and then get brain fog about which to take out/use - I’ve certainly been guilty of this in the past - but about a year ago I gave myself a serious talking to and decided to limit myself and then work around the limitations if I needed to (hence shooting motorsport with a GFX!!)

Using a limited numbers of cameras means that we get very familiar with them and using them becomes second nature - this naturally means that your photography improves as the camera has got out of the way.

Working around the limitations is a challenge and one I find enjoyable, there are always shots to be had and I often come away with something I didn’t expect that is perhaps more creative than what I set out to achieve.

The expenses associated with travelling are not even the main part of the issue - I am a creature of habit and a hermit :ROFLMAO:

There are loads of successful photography projects that are locked into one location - photography on your own doorstep can be challenging though but once you have got your head around it, it can be very rewarding.

I found that during the lockdowns I walked again and again around an area up to a mile or so from my house, I took thousands of images, sometimes of the same thing/place but in different light, seasons, weather, etc - with a lot of culling I now have (for me anyway) quite an interesting body of work.

It can be fine without venturing far, but you have to get your head around it and find beauty in the seemingly mundane!

There are loads of successful photography projects that are locked into one location - photography on your own doorstep can be challenging though but once you have got your head around it, it can be very rewarding.

I found that during the lockdowns I walked again and again around an area up to a mile or so from my house, I took thousands of images, sometimes of the same thing/place but in different light, seasons, weather, etc - with a lot of culling I now have (for me anyway) quite an interesting body of work.

It can be fine without venturing far, but you have to get your head around it and find beauty in the seemingly mundane!

You may not remember but like you I have a keen interest in New Topograhics and started snapping seemingly mundane stuff with the V - it was a great camera for that style. But obviously not enough to keep me from selling it :rolleyes:

You may not remember but like you I have a keen interest in New Topograhics and started snapping seemingly mundane stuff with the V - it was a great camera for that style. But obviously not enough to keep me from selling it :rolleyes:

Any camera can shoot any style - we all need to get away from thinking the camera is the limitation - that’s just an excuse!!

If you can shoot that style with the X100V and Stephen Shore can do it with a large format camera, then the choice of camera is pretty irrelevant!!!

Maybe I should start a career as a Photography Counsellor- my only problem is that my first patient @trevorbray is a complete lost cause!!

It’s not just travelling expense (it’s knowing that we’re being ripped off), although I’m currently putting £120-£160 per week for work into my vehicle. one week last month I put almost £300 in. If I ventured further afield to Wales, the lakes or Scotland it would be considerably more. A big issue is the amount of people about at every location and the fact that it’s summer, blue skies and green everywhere.

I can’t force myself to do street, it’s something that I personally don’t find appealing in any way. I’d rather be on top of a mountain or in the woodland by a river. Unfortunately, everyone suddenly thinks the countryside is great (that’s why they leave their s*** everywhere). I live next to two country parks but they’re packed, even at silly o’clock in the middle of summer they had a fair few people about.

I think I have had brain fog with my kit, far too much at present. I was going to thin them out but can’t!

They’ll all get some use now summers almost passed.

@Mr Perceptive Trevor is way beyond any hope, even my recent purchases can’t keep up with his :ROFLMAO:

It’s not just travelling expense (it’s knowing that we’re being ripped off), although I’m currently putting £120-£160 per week for work into my vehicle. one week last month I put almost £300 in. If I ventured further afield to Wales, the lakes or Scotland it would be considerably more. A big issue is the amount of people about at every location and the fact that it’s summer, blue skies and green everywhere.

I can’t force myself to do street, it’s something that I personally don’t find appealing in any way. I’d rather be on top of a mountain or in the woodland by a river. Unfortunately, everyone suddenly thinks the countryside is great (that’s why they leave their s*** everywhere). I live next to two country parks but they’re packed, even at silly o’clock in the middle of summer they had a fair few people about.

I think I have had brain fog with my kit, far too much at present. I was going to thin them out but can’t!

They’ll all get some use now summers almost passed.

@Mr Perceptive Trevor is way beyond any hope, even my recent purchases can’t keep up with his :ROFLMAO:

It certainly does seem packed with people everywhere - I’m not sure if our minds are skewed comparing to the desolate lockdown environment or they were this busy before covid - but I’m sure they weren’t.

It certainly does seem packed with people everywhere - I’m not sure if our minds are skewed comparing to the desolate lockdown environment or they were this busy before covid - but I’m sure they weren’t.
We’ll see how brave they are in winter!

Back