The Film & Conventional Spring is sprung meet up.

Dates and locations, pick as many as appeal.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So following on from the discussion going on in the medium format thread who's up for one day film meet?

I've created a poll with some places and dates, these aren't exhaustive but please bear in mind if you want to suggest alternatives we have to chose places that accessible by public transport or find a way of enabling people to join us if they don't have personal transport and times that preferably don't clash with school holidays, FA Cup finals and international stamp collecting conferences.

Any other thoughts please feel free to chip in.

Prices for the trains to these destinations from London isn't too bad at the moment, for instance I can get to Tipton for the Black Country Museum for about £23 return which is great but won't be available for too long, also I'm hoping I can get a pint of mild for thruppence.

Well I'm in for Oxford on the 1st....nice motorbike ride for me on a warmish dry day for 41 miles..and if anyone want to handle the famous T70 I could bring it along o_O

I'll have to check with Jan but I think we'd be available for a run out.

I might just join you in the motorbike club, Brian! Not far from Bristol to Oxford :)

I went up the Peaks meet from the London area, on my 250cc..not much fun doing about 55mph on the M1 with lorries thundering by :eek:

I went up the Peaks meet from the London area, on my 250cc..not much fun doing about 55mph on the M1 with lorries thundering by :eek:

Oof, no, not much fun! Mind you, I took my 250cc Honda on the autobahn in Germany... that was interesting :)

H'mm the Black country museum has £17.50 entrance fee :eek:

For those under 60 and two people would be £35 plus £3 parking :rolleyes: Anyway it's too far for me to go for a day...enjoy folks

So, where are we going on 1st April?? ;)
Right folks, it looks like the 1st April is the preferred date (how very apt).

So someone has to make an executive decision on the destination and I suppose that someone is me.
As the last one day meet was oop north and the last 4 weekend meets have been oop north as well
I suggest our destination for Film & Conventional April Fool's Day Meet Up shall be OXFORD!

It was obviously a tie but I hope we can do the Black Country Museum at a later date as it's still high on my list of destinations.

So even if you didn't vote for Oxford I hope you can make it down to the land of the soft shandy drinking southerner.

Yay! I may even be able to persuade the Mrs to come, I'll give her a camera to use to get into the spirit of it all :)

Yay! I may even be able to persuade the Mrs to come, I'll give her a camera to use to get into the spirit of it all :)

Are you coming by motorbike, as if the weather is nice I'll use mine..I'd guess it would be a lot easier parking.

Are you coming by motorbike, as if the weather is nice I'll use mine..I'd guess it would be a lot easier parking.
It's worth noting that Oxford hates the motorist. If you're planning on coming by car, it's probably best to look for a park & ride than try to find somewhere to park in town because on the off-chance that there is a space, you'll need to take out a second mortgage to pay for the full day.

I might be able to make it along for this. Oxford isn't that far from the concrete conurbation of Reading. :)

It's worth noting that Oxford hates the motorist. If you're planning on coming by car, it's probably best to look for a park & ride than try to find somewhere to park in town because on the off-chance that there is a space, you'll need to take out a second mortgage to pay for the full day.

Truth.

I might be able to make it along for this. Oxford isn't that far from the concrete conurbation of Reading. :)

h'mm too far for me to cycle (41 miles) :( But could put a bike in the back of the vehicle (which I was going to do at other meets) to park outside Oxford, as I ain't much good at walking :(
Just read motorbike parking is free (y) https://www.oxford.gov.uk/info/20078/parking_in_oxford

We shall be travelling into the very heart of Oxford by way of locomotive. We have one permanently on standby at our local station to ferry us hither and indeed thither, in the finest comfort available. And all for nowt as well. ;)

We shall be travelling into the very heart of Oxford by way of locomotive. We have one permanently on standby at our local station to ferry us hither and indeed thither, in the finest comfort available. And all for nowt as well. ;)

Unless of course it's too windy or rainy, or there's a power outage, or a mechanical failure, or snow, industrial action... or just some damp leaves really. :whistle:

As I don't get free rail travel I'll be staying at home with a few Kraft sandwiches and sulking! :grumpy:

I've a couple of zooms if anybody wants them for free @ the meet, I think they are Minolta mount (I'll check if anyone is interested). Why am I giving them away and one is mint? Well I don't like the results they give but seem sharp enough IIRC but someone else my like it...anyway I've enough zooms that are better like Tamron.

I'd like to come but cannot make further than London due to personal reasons. I remember the nice summer GTG in London in 2014 when I met Nick, Paul (PMN), Mark (Threeracers), Lukas and a few other guys. Maybe a London meet up can take place at a future date.

I'd like to come but cannot make further than London due to personal reasons. I remember the nice summer GTG in London in 2014 when I met Nick, Paul (PMN), Mark (Threeracers), Lukas and a few other guys. Maybe a London meet up can take place at a future date.
Always up for a London meet, nothing to stop you organising one don't wait for somebody else, just post up some dates and locations (y)

I'd like to come but cannot make further than London due to personal reasons.
You don't need a passport and proof of inoculations to go outside the M25, that's nothing but a vicious rumour. You don't even need them for travel to places north of Cambridge, though I'm not sure if there is a jab that will protect you against all the lard in the food.

:D Haha

You don't need a passport and proof of inoculations to go outside the M25, that's nothing but a vicious rumour. You don't even need them for travel to places north of Cambridge, though I'm not sure if there is a jab that will protect you against all the lard in the food.

I'll likely have to miss this one as we're probably visiting the grandson for his second birthday that very day (poor lad, he doesn't realise yet how much trouble his parents have laid up in store for him!). Have a good one!

I'll likely have to miss this one as we're probably visiting the grandson for his second birthday that very day (poor lad, he doesn't realise yet how much trouble his parents have laid up in store for him!). Have a good one!
It won't be the same without you Chris but we'll drink an extra pint in your honour. (or at least Mr Snap will)

It won't be the same without you Chris but we'll drink an extra pint in your honour. (or at least Mr Snap will)

What are you implying Mr Surf? I am of course shocked to the very core of my pint pot... I mean being.:)

What are you implying Mr Surf? I am of course shocked to the very core of my pint pot... I mean being.:)
I'm implying nothing Mr Snap, I'm merely suggesting that in times of crisis (or the absence of a TP F&C stalwart such as Mr R) that you can be relied upon to stand up and be counted :D

Back